Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 07-01-2015, 10:42 AM   #1
Dreadless

Drives: 2012 2SS Convertible
Fuel and Tune advice

Hi,

I'll be moving to the Bay area in 2 weeks and have been doing some reading. I'm concerned that 93 octane seems very rare in Cali . I have a supercharged SS and just had a custom tune put in.

What type of fuel do people in Cali use? What are good places for a custom tune in the Bay area?
Dreadless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:35 PM   #2
Pushrod Pete

Drives: Camaro 1LE
What part of the bay are you moving to? There's a gas station in Sunol that has a wide selection of high octane gasses; however, be prepared to pay exorbitant prices for their gas(I think it was $8 a gallon for 94 octane).

Not easy getting the good stuff out here in the Bay.
Pushrod Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:45 PM   #3
Dreadless

Drives: 2012 2SS Convertible
Thanks for the reply Pushrod Pete! I'll be in San Francisco for the 1st month. Hoping to find something in Oakland after that. $8/g is quite pricey, but I was used to paying that in Europe. I'd rather pay more for good fuel.
Dreadless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 03:01 PM   #4
MikeySmash

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Honestly it shouldn't make that big of a difference going from 93 to 91. You can just get it re tuned for 91. Just don't go racing with it on 93.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:16 PM   #5
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Starkweather in Turlock for tuning.

https://www.facebook.com/starkweatherperformance

Be very very very very careful in the bay area and surround areas with your car. It is the country's hot spot for Camaro theft. Do not rely on the factory alarm, or aftermarket with out some research. About 200 Camaro's were found stripped in Oakland last year.
The primary method is either Onstar hack, or RFID capture. Almost all cars were driven away from the scene within a few minutes. The thefts I know about were targeted, some multiple from the same parking garage, another captured on a Target store camera as they walked up to a new ZL1 popped the doors and drove off in about 3 minutes. The cars are almost always found stripped and occasionally burned.

One member of the Norcal Camaro's club just lost his SS last night.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote