Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-11-2013, 01:00 AM   #1
'12chevycam

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT
Angry PROBLEM AFTER PROBLEM, NOW DEALER REFUSES

Well it all started about 6 months ago. I purchased my car from a dealer and took it in a week later to have a bouncing issue looked at. I have a 2012 chevy camaro 2LT V6 RS package. One of the mechanics went for a ride with me to see what I was issuing. We arrived back at the dealer and the assumed the rear shocks needed to be replaced because they were "froze up" according to the mechanic. They ordered the shocks and called me a week later to bring the car in. I took it in and they had it for 24 hours. GM paid for a rental but I had to pay for insurance through Enterprise because I am not older that 25. When I picked my car up the next day, I drove it home.(45 miles) When I got home I took it to wash it. I noticed that my driver side wheels had huge scar marks from where it look like it got curbed. There was also a huge chunk missing out of one of the tires. I immediately called the dealer and they wanted me to bring it back in. I then drove another 45 miles back to the dealer. They refused to pay for the damages saying they cannot prove if it was like that or not when I brought it in. I drove home and called GM customer service. After several calls back and forth between GM and RANDY REED CHEVROLET IN SAINT JOSEPH, MO, the dealer finally agreed to replace one wheel and one tire(which they took off a car on the lot). I was satisfied even though they left me with one wheel still messed up. The bouncing issue still wasn't fixed so after being a little skeptical on whether or not to take it back to RANDY REED(closest dealer), I finally gave in and took it back. Another mechanic rode with me again and he said that it doesn't ride any different than any other camaro and that the tires need to be replaced. I was very aggravated because my car only had 15,000 miles on it and the tires already need replaced???!! So I call GM because according to the 3year/36000mile warranty "every thing is covered including the tires". GM called the dealer and the Service Manager Jeff Webb stated that it was normal wear and tear. At 15,000 miles??!! So GM said they would compensate me with something like ONSTAR OR A PROTECTION PLAN. I spent $2000 and replaced all 4 tires and GM sent me a PROTECTION PLAN which covers oil and oil filers and labor for 1 year or 15000 miles. So on 5/8/13 I took the car back To RANDY REED to have it serviced for free with the protection plan. I also had an issue with the dash bubbling right above the radio like everyone else is having, and the radio face is so scratched up you can barely see the radio. I researched here and found that there are TSBs out for both issues. I get with the service advisor and tell them what's going on. He writes the work order, and I give him the TSB #s that I can find for both issues. I leave, and I am gone for 10 minutes. The service advisor calls me and tells me that I need to come back because there are a couple things he needs to talk to me about. I get back and he tells me that per the service manager JEFF WEBB, they are not gonna touch my car, not even service it because they cannot keep me happy, and I call GM every time I'm in there. He advises that I need to find a new dealer because they are not gonna help me any more. I was kinda in shock as I got in my car and drove off. I have tried contacting the owner of the dealership and his name is RANDY REED out of KANSAS CITY, MO. He has yet to return my phone calls, and I have only been able to talk to his assistant.
I was kinda dumb founded that they refused to do anything to my car considering it is still under warranty. And I have only had my car in there 3-4 times and only called GM once about the dealer trying to leave me with over $1000 in damage. The second time I called GM was about the warranty and not the dealer. Anyone would of done the same thing I did, but now the dealer is refusing to touch my car. And telling me that I need to find a new dealer.

ANY ADVICE WELCOME
'12chevycam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:10 AM   #2
OfficiallyTook

Drives: 2010 LLT victory red
Get back on the phone with GM and let them know the ins and outs and quote works drop names trust me I had a few issues #1087 from 2010 and GM handles it with the dealers ...they took care of two clutch kit issues(LOL long story)

Sent from my EVO using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
OfficiallyTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:20 AM   #3
'12chevycam

I know. Sorry about it being so long, just wanted to get it all out. Does anyone know if they have put a hold on the dash replacement due to the bubbling above the radio? It is getting worse and worse every day.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:29 AM   #4
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
I'm truly sorry that you had to go through this experience. It's difficult when you put your trust into something and then that trust level gets broken. It's been a lot of people's experience that you should NEVER trust a dealer until you have developed a solid relationship of trust with that dealer over a period of time. People are fallible (make mistakes) and it seems to run rampant at dealerships.

Your experience should serve as a basis for setting standards when you want your car serviced. You should always do a walk-around with a supervisor after your car is serviced to make sure that everything is to your satisfaction. Don't be afraid to ask questions about the work that was done and what they did to remedy the situation. Keep records of the work that was performed. If you notice something out of place at the dealership, take a picture with your phone camera, everybody has one nowadays.

In regards to the dealership, I would continue to reach the owner and voice your dissatisfaction with the level of service and respectful treatment you received at his dealership. Also, call GM customer service and speak to a Regional Supervisor and tell them your story. If your vehicle is still in need to have issues resolved, I would look into getting another dealership that would be happy to earn your business. Keep plugging away and eventually you will get satisfaction.

One more thing, that deal with the oil service sounds like they got off cheap, they'll spend something like $150 for parts and labor for 2 oil changes and you had to spend $2000 for tires. That don't sound like a fair tradeoff.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:34 AM   #5
'12chevycam

Thanks man. It sucks because that was the closest dealer, now I am going to have to drive 2 hours to another dealer. I'm not even asking anything from the owner, just want him to know how his dealerships are being ran. I also posted on the BBB website so everyone that checks them out will see it. I hope people think twice before they go there, considering what I had to go through.
On a side note would you happen to have any information on the bubbling above the radio and the scratched radio face TSBs. I have looked at the other threads and some people are saying GM put a stop to replacing it, and some say different. Thanks for any help
Old 05-11-2013, 01:46 AM   #6
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by '12chevycam View Post
Thanks man. It sucks because that was the closest dealer, now I am going to have to drive 2 hours to another dealer. I'm not even asking anything from the owner, just want him to know how his dealerships are being ran. I also posted on the BBB website so everyone that checks them out will see it. I hope people think twice before they go there, considering what I had to go through.
On a side note would you happen to have any information on the bubbling above the radio and the scratched radio face TSBs. I have looked at the other threads and some people are saying GM put a stop to replacing it, and some say different. Thanks for any help
I wouldn't worry about the TSB for the dash. When you bring it to the next dealer, show them the issue and I'm sure they will fix it. They will look up any information regarding your car with the VIN and as long as you are within spec of your warranty, it should be covered with the bumper to bumper. If they also refuse, then I would escalate to GM customer service to find a dealership that will repair it.

On a side note, when dealing with employees of a dealership, always maintain your cool, and stick to the issue(s) at hand. Cooler heads always prevail

Old 05-11-2013, 01:53 AM   #7
'12chevycam

I now have 24,000 miles on my car, so it is still within the 3year/36000miles warranty. I will be calling GM and the owner of the dealership. They both need to know what happened.

Does anyone know how to get swirl marks out of you cars paint? My car is covered with them from the previous owners. When I bought it the dealer had waxed it and you couldn't see the swirl marks until I washed it myself.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:57 AM   #8
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
I now have 24,000 miles on my car, so it is still within the 3year/36000miles warranty. I will be calling GM and the owner of the dealership. They both need to know what happened.

Does anyone know how to get swirl marks out of you cars paint? My car is covered with them from the previous owners. When I bought it the dealer had waxed it and you couldn't see the swirl marks until I washed it myself.
The only way is to polish it with either dual-action polisher or a rotary polisher but that should be left to a professional. If you want to learn, here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/user/Junkman2000 watch all of his video's, some are long so grab a few beers and enjoy. It's good stuff and entertaining as well.

He's even got his own thread here on the forum:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59171

Old 05-11-2013, 02:00 AM   #9
'12chevycam

I would rather leave it to the professionals so I don't mess it up any more than what it already is. Lol.

Does any of your guys' cars ride really rough? Hit your head on the headliner when you hit a bump?
Old 05-11-2013, 02:01 AM   #10
'12chevycam

Any other TSBs that anyone knows that a lot of people are experiencing with the 2012 Chevy Camaro?
Old 05-11-2013, 02:02 AM   #11
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
I would rather leave it to the professionals so I don't mess it up any more than what it already is. Lol.

Does any of your guys' cars ride really rough? Hit your head on the headliner when you hit a bump?
Not cool, how big of a bump?

Old 05-11-2013, 03:48 AM   #12
'12chevycam

Well at slower speeds it is worse than at highway speeds. Like when you are driving and come to a bridge it acts like its gonna throw you off the road or out the sunroof if it was open. But the dealer says there is nothing wrong.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:51 AM   #13
'12chevycam

I have been following people I know and they will call me and say that every time I hit a bump that they can see the front of the car bounce up like there is no give in the front struts. Almost like my old 88 Lincoln mark VII that I had and the front air bag got a hole in it. That's exactly what it feels like if anyone has ever seen one of those cars, that the front end is sitting way down.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:00 AM   #14
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
Take a look at the front and rear springs, they ship with blocks in them that are supposed to be removed at the dealer.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254372