Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-12-2009, 10:14 AM   #15
eapoll11

Drives: ordered 2lt/rs cgm
Send a message via AIM to eapoll11
You think the stress is bad now just wait till your waiting for the call lol
Event Code:3300 7/18/09???
Event Code:3400 7/23/09
Event Code:3800 7/31/09 :party0048:
Event Code:4B00 7/31/09
Event Code 4200 8/5/09
Event Code:5000 :
Event Code:6000
eapoll11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:18 AM   #16
haleyd
determined future owner

Drives: 2004 pontiac grand prix gt2
Send a message via AIM to haleyd
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.E. View Post
I have literally been stressing myself sick and have gone crazy as to which color of 2010 camaro i should get... the war is between (mainly) black and cyber grey... if i get black, should i get black or black with cyber grey stripes... if i get grey should i get grey or grey with black stripes.... and then every once and a while ill beat myself up thinking of imperial blue or white... i am just so confused... i've looked at every color over and over again... but like i said its mainly black or cyber grey... what did you or would you get and y? pros and cons of each?

on top of all this should i get the 21 all black rims or the 21 silver and black rims...

Grey or Black???
stripes Black or Grey???
cyber grey. definitely better looking than black. black is so boring. the black stripes wouldn't look bad on it though! i've seen a few on here and liked them. but definitely go with CGM!!!!!!
haleyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:23 AM   #17
SRVFAN
Too Much FUN!!

Drives: RUBY!! 2010 2SS/RS RJT Camaro
Quote:
I have literally been stressing myself sick and have gone crazy as to which color of 2010 camaro i should get... the war is between (mainly) black and cyber grey... if i get black, should i get black or black with cyber grey stripes... if i get grey should i get grey or grey with black stripes.... and then every once and a while ill beat myself up thinking of imperial blue or white... i am just so confused... i've looked at every color over and over again... but like i said its mainly black or cyber grey... what did you or would you get and y? pros and cons of each?

on top of all this should i get the 21 all black rims or the 21 silver and black rims...

Grey or Black???
stripes Black or Grey???
I drove myself crazy too about this. But I chose RJT. I went from CGM to ABM to SIM to RJT!! Stripes, no stripes. All over the place.

Anyway..the best way to make your decision is to "see" as many as you can in person. Go to your local Camaro5 group meets...... DFW had one last weekend & possibly will have another one this weekend (8/15) in Grapevine, TX. There you will see that Black is the most common color... There were 16 total 5th gens at the July show & 15 at the last one 8/8. Most every color will be represented.

I also had my dealer call/email me everytime they got one in so I could run by & see the color.

Good luck.
2500 (order preferenced):
3000 (accepted to production): 7/30/09 - TPW 8/17/09
3300 (scheduled for prod) 8/5/09 THANKS Viz!!
3400 (broadcast): 8/15/09
3800 (produced):8/22/09 - #39,334
4000/4B00 (available to ship/bayed):
4200 (shipped): 8/24/09
4300 (intermediate, may be multiple):
5000 (at dealer):09/03/09
6000 (delivered to customer): 9/3/09
SRVFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:26 AM   #18
gearjammer57

Drives: 2017 2SS NGM, 2014 MALIBU, 98 S10
Quote:

Grey or Black???
stripes Black or Grey???
I stressed, too. I took the CGM, no stripes and 20" polished. I don't much like stripes or blacked out wheels. The black stripes don't look bad, though.
But remember, it's yours. Order it how YOU like it.
gearjammer57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:28 AM   #19
Tanner

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
They're all great colors. However when I saw the black one on this forum with the orange stripes and the IO interior, I was thinking that has to be one of the best combo's I've seen.

Sands - Surprise
Tanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:28 AM   #20
nitronate

Drives: 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX
i'd have to say cyber gray, stripes are up to you. i prefer no stripes because if it gets damaged it's just something else that potentially won't match right or look as good when it gets fixed. black is way too hard to keep clean and shows every little nick and scratch, especially the little chips you get on the front fascia and hood from highway driving. it also shows every bit of dirt/dust.
nitronate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:33 AM   #21
Lehm

Drives: SIM 2SS M6 ordered 8/18/09
Quote:

Grey or Black???
stripes Black or Grey???
I had the same problem. When I started thinking about color I knew I didn't want black, orange, yellow, or cyber grey. I didn't want black because I live in Florida and a black car in this heat...eh. Also hard to keep clean. The yellow and orange looked amazing but its just not my style and I already had a cyber grey colored car in the driveway and didn't want another one. I started off liking IBM. I saw IBM in person and thought it was darker than I wanted. I saw VR in person and loved it. Then after a week or so I started thinking it was just ok. At this point I was in the same situation as you...really confused about what I wanted. I saw a video of an ABM and considered it. But, then I saw a SIM in person and I knew. I had not considered SIM because there are so many silver cars out there and I wanted something to stand out. I'm not sure how to explain it but the lines of the car seem to stand out more with the SIM and makes the car look even sexier. I just get that warm and fuzzy feeling looking at it. So, now I'm getting a SIM with CGM stripes.

All I can say to help you is to try to see the colors in person before making your choice. They look slightly different in person than just in a pic. You will find that some colors you actually don't like and some suprise you. Look at them and go with the one that gives you that warm fuzzy.
Lehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:35 AM   #22
optical
The Pilot

Drives: 1993 Chevy C1500 Ext Cab, 5.7L
I say go with the CGM with black stripes!
Old 08-12-2009, 10:38 AM   #23
BulletSS

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM M6
Hi all. Been reading for a long, long time, but finally joined.

I'm struggling with the exact same problem. I went to a dealer last night (they had 3 on the lot- RJ, VR, VR) to discuss. I can't decide either.
BulletSS is offline   Reply With Quote