Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-26-2007, 12:51 AM   #1
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Darn Walmart...got BB.

So...It's been raining every single day here and that gets boring when you can't go outside to do stuff or goof off with the boy. So, my boy and I go to a different Walmart than our usual. We get back to the Transformers section and "whoa!" There's a ton of new $10 Tformers that hand't been up on the shelves before! There's another lady looking all around picking up the smaller BB and flipping through the boxes. A kid walks up and has in his possession a new $10 BB Tformer. This is the one I have wanted. She sees it and says, "Darn it. I think he got the last one."

I immediately start flipping quickly through all the packages up on the pegs...as she does too. This leads me to believe she really hasn't looked. It's basically a race now...I know...I couldn't believe it was happening. But, low and behold, I started searching as far on her side as I could and as I got over to my side, tucked all the way in the back, was BB. I pulled it out and she didn't appear too happy. "SORRY!" I continued trying to help her find one, but that was it. I walk off. She's shaking her head.

I'm on the other aisle now in the pixar "Cars" section (my boy loves Cars!). He asks to see a big Lightning McQueen. I pull it from the shelf and what's hiding behind it??? Yup...BB. That lady was still standing there waiting as if one would magically appear. Needless to say, she was delighted when I handed it to her. I picked up Barricade too.

Does anyone else here have either one of these? Is it just me, or are these pretty darn hard to actually transform!?!?! Barricade has like 16 steps to transform it! :eek: Oh, and I also bought two Tformers posters (one autobot and one decepticon), two Cars posters, "Sally" from Cars, and two Cars books. My boy was loving it

I say "Darn Walmart" because that was $85.00 I wasn't planning on spending today...:(
Attached Images

TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:28 AM   #2
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Hey Doug!

I'm laughing 'cause everytime I visit the Transformers section of any store, it's guys, not kids, looking for the toys.

Last week my brother and I visited WalMart, and we found the 2 remaining Bumblebee's like the one you found. There was one other guy in the aisle who was watching to see if we were keeping both.

I started out collecting anything BB related, but my collection grew to include all the Autobots. :eek:

I haven't opened any yet, but my brother has. He has the $40 Optimus Prime and it took him a half hour to transform it.

I'm still looking for more BB.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:29 PM   #3
storm79

Drives: 2007 GMC Sierra
the reason you see all these guys and not as many kids getting those transformers toys is because the guys grew up with transformers and it's like a childhood memory relived or something idk....but they grew up with them and yea...
Old 07-26-2007, 03:39 PM   #4
SSRich

Drives: 1967 camaroSS
do u have the bumblebee like the barricade one?
SSRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:48 PM   #5
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by storm79 View Post
the reason you see all these guys and not as many kids getting those transformers toys is because the guys grew up with transformers and it's like a childhood memory relived or something idk....but they grew up with them and yea...
Yuppers. It's nostalgic for us, for today's kids it's just another cool toy.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 04:45 PM   #6
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRich View Post
do u have the bumblebee like the barricade one?
That's what I'm still trying to find. I can find a number other Bumblebee items, but not the one that is the same type as the Barricade pictured above. It's the only Bumblebee I want...
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 06:37 PM   #7
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Scalpers… Most of the adults are scalpers... Check out eBay, I witnessed the deluxe 09 Camaro BB selling for $60 dollars +… It’s only a nine dollar toy… I tell ya, some peolpe are just plane DUMB...
=

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:55 PM   #8
SSRich

heres a tip on jada toys dont listen to their website. Like the 1/24 red and white stripes big time muscle camaro concept and the silver with red stripes it says on the website coming soon as of now but they are setting on my shelf for about a month now.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:25 PM   #9
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
Scalpers… Most of the adults are scalpers... Check out eBay, I witnessed the deluxe 09 Camaro BB selling for $60 dollars +… It’s only a nine dollar toy… I tell ya, some peolpe are just plane DUMB...
=
What??? $60??? I should have told that lady, "HA! I GOT TWO!!! You wanna but it off of me for $20 bucks before I buy it for myself?"

Nah..I'm not like that. They must have just come out, because there were three there. And, it is the same size as Barricade as pictured above. I've been waiting for a while for these and you could have imagined my amazement when I saw the kid with one and then found one for myself!

Oh, and it gets easier to transform, of course. That first time, I was like>...."And this is supposed to be for 5 year olds and up???"

Actually, BB is easy to Tform...it was barricade that had more to it.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 06:26 AM   #10
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
So...It's been raining every single day here and that gets boring when you can't go outside to do stuff or goof off with the boy. So, my boy and I go to a different Walmart than our usual. We get back to the Transformers section and "whoa!" There's a ton of new $10 Tformers that hand't been up on the shelves before! There's another lady looking all around picking up the smaller BB and flipping through the boxes. A kid walks up and has in his possession a new $10 BB Tformer. This is the one I have wanted. She sees it and says, "Darn it. I think he got the last one."

I immediately start flipping quickly through all the packages up on the pegs...as she does too. This leads me to believe she really hasn't looked. It's basically a race now...I know...I couldn't believe it was happening. But, low and behold, I started searching as far on her side as I could and as I got over to my side, tucked all the way in the back, was BB. I pulled it out and she didn't appear too happy. "SORRY!" I continued trying to help her find one, but that was it. I walk off. She's shaking her head.

I'm on the other aisle now in the pixar "Cars" section (my boy loves Cars!). He asks to see a big Lightning McQueen. I pull it from the shelf and what's hiding behind it??? Yup...BB. That lady was still standing there waiting as if one would magically appear. Needless to say, she was delighted when I handed it to her. I picked up Barricade too.

Does anyone else here have either one of these? Is it just me, or are these pretty darn hard to actually transform!?!?! Barricade has like 16 steps to transform it! :eek: Oh, and I also bought two Tformers posters (one autobot and one decepticon), two Cars posters, "Sally" from Cars, and two Cars books. My boy was loving it

I say "Darn Walmart" because that was $85.00 I wasn't planning on spending today...:(
Funny story

I finally bought a Transformer 5th gen from ebay since they aren't in stores yet (again).

I still hate walmart
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 09:29 AM   #11
urbanlegend
Wanabe SS owner

Drives: Nissan 350Z
I'm glad I'm not the only grown adult scouring the Transformer section at Walmart. My husband thought I'd gone mental. He's not a car person where as I live for the things.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:27 PM   #12
SSRich

i went 3 hours away from here and went to 5 walmarts and 1Kmart and 1 target. Scored 1 1/24 black with red stripes bigtime muscle and i got two keychains of the bumble bee it is transformed in the robot 3.99 a piece but no bumble bee transformers around here.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:37 AM   #13
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
My GF made fun of me when I saw some xformer toys in Wally World as well. She talked baby to me, "awww, do you want a toy? Have you been a good boy?"

ok not really that bad, but close.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote