Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-25-2011, 03:20 PM   #1
BoomBoomKid

Drives: Gen 1 Gen 3 soon Gen 5
Counterpoint

After reading the threads on this site, if someone did not know better, one would think the C5 Camaro is a lousy car. I'm, hear to say I have had zero repeat zero problems with my 2010 Camaro. I waited 7 long years for the Camaro to return. This is my 5th Camaro and the best one by far, it has won numerous awards and outsold the Mustang it's 1st year and will likely outsell for a 2nd year in a row. I wonder how many of the problems noted on this site are driver/owner induced.
BoomBoomKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 04:14 PM   #2
abaucom21

Drives: 2011 2LT White, 1966 TBird conv.
Agree. However, what I think is special about this site is that people are free to voice pros & cons regarding their C5 Camaro's. Most everyone on this site loves their Camaro's. I love my Camaro, even if I have been posting regarding an experience with my auto transmission (which is not a critical issue).
It is human nature to ask questions if you experience a problem with any product. Mostly, people posting get helpful feedback on Camaro5 and that is why I review the forum every few days. This forum would not be educational if all we posted was about how we love our cars. Not every car is perfect coming off the assembly line so I hope all of us can show respect to people who post about issues and offer helpful feedback. I come to Camaro5 to both read the positives, but also learn about Camaro issues and possible fixes.
Any time you buy an auto, some are perfect, and some have issues. On this forum we can discuss both perfect and issues. I have had my 2011 2LT for about 11-1/2 months and 2,950 miles. I have excellent dealer service and fewer issues with this car than almost any auto I have bought since I started buying new cars in the late 1960s.
The Camaro is a mass produced machine. My experience has been my Camaro is well built. However, as a mass produced machine, not every Camaro will be trouble free. This site allows people to ask questions if their Camaro is not trouble free and other Camaro owners should try to help those Camaro owners with build issues. Let's remember that people do not buy a Camaro for basic transportation. Let's remember if people buy a Camaro, and take the effort to find and post on Camaro5, they are attached to their cars. Please show as much respect for people who post about their Camaro negative issues and we show to people who post about their Camaro positive issues.
abaucom21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:47 PM   #3
BoomBoomKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaucom21 View Post
Agree. However, what I think is special about this site is that people are free to voice pros & cons regarding their C5 Camaro's. Most everyone on this site loves their Camaro's. I love my Camaro, even if I have been posting regarding an experience with my auto transmission (which is not a critical issue).
It is human nature to ask questions if you experience a problem with any product. Mostly, people posting get helpful feedback on Camaro5 and that is why I review the forum every few days. This forum would not be educational if all we posted was about how we love our cars. Not every car is perfect coming off the assembly line so I hope all of us can show respect to people who post about issues and offer helpful feedback. I come to Camaro5 to both read the positives, but also learn about Camaro issues and possible fixes.
Any time you buy an auto, some are perfect, and some have issues. On this forum we can discuss both perfect and issues. I have had my 2011 2LT for about 11-1/2 months and 2,950 miles. I have excellent dealer service and fewer issues with this car than almost any auto I have bought since I started buying new cars in the late 1960s.
The Camaro is a mass produced machine. My experience has been my Camaro is well built. However, as a mass produced machine, not every Camaro will be trouble free. This site allows people to ask questions if their Camaro is not trouble free and other Camaro owners should try to help those Camaro owners with build issues. Let's remember that people do not buy a Camaro for basic transportation. Let's remember if people buy a Camaro, and take the effort to find and post on Camaro5, they are attached to their cars. Please show as much respect for people who post about their Camaro negative issues and we show to people who post about their Camaro positive issues.
I totally I agree with you, you set the record straight. I just want to show the positive on such great car. I feel bad for those that are having trouble.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:53 PM   #4
Dans2SS

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
owner induced? Yes my bad, I only triied to drive it. I should have known better.

I'm glad you've had no issues with yours. If any of the issues I had could be tied to lack of use I might buy it since I barely driver her. But there are several issues that have been repeated on ppls cars from all walks of life. I'd have to say there are some issues that can't be owner induced.

But this isnt' only the camaro's issue. the new mustang and Charger are each having quality issues. just sucks quality is an issue like it is.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:32 PM   #5
VaderSS

Drives: 2010 SS/RS 6sp
Owner induced my ass! New transmission at 3100 miles...complete radio failure & replacement...missing factory parts (thrust washers)...loose and rattling shifter...loose nuts banging around inside the trunk lid...whining air conditioning...gear whine...intermittent failure to recognize iPod...rattling rear speaker deck (with radio off)...2nd gear crunch with clutch fully depressed.

I've never once spun the tires...never dumped the clutch...don't play music super loud...maintain the car perfectly and STILL have all these issues. Some of the posts on this forum would be amusing if they weren't downright insulting! I'm amazed at the number of people who get on the problems threads (when they claim they have no problems) simply to question the integrity and blame those of us who ARE most definitely having problems. Sheesh. Do you people go to local hospitals to tell the sick and injured how wonderful and healthy you are feeling? And maybe blame them for "inducing" their own illnesses.

It's bad enough that Chevy is manipulating social media with virtually zero ability to get the dealers to act. Now we have a group of posters policing the problems/complaints threads...blaming the owners for KNOWN ISSUES. If you are having a perfect and trouble-free Camaro experience, congratulations. Enjoy your car. Stay the f$&k away from those of us who are sharing our problems with others who are in the same boat.
VaderSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:15 AM   #6
BoomBoomKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderSS View Post
Owner induced my ass! New transmission at 3100 miles...complete radio failure & replacement...missing factory parts (thrust washers)...loose and rattling shifter...loose nuts banging around inside the trunk lid...whining air conditioning...gear whine...intermittent failure to recognize iPod...rattling rear speaker deck (with radio off)...2nd gear crunch with clutch fully depressed.

I've never once spun the tires...never dumped the clutch...don't play music super loud...maintain the car perfectly and STILL have all these issues. Some of the posts on this forum would be amusing if they weren't downright insulting! I'm amazed at the number of people who get on the problems threads (when they claim they have no problems) simply to question the integrity and blame those of us who ARE most definitely having problems. Sheesh. Do you people go to local hospitals to tell the sick and injured how wonderful and healthy you are feeling? And maybe blame them for "inducing" their own illnesses.

It's bad enough that Chevy is manipulating social media with virtually zero ability to get the dealers to act. Now we have a group of posters policing the problems/complaints threads...blaming the owners for KNOWN ISSUES. If you are having a perfect and trouble-free Camaro experience, congratulations. Enjoy your car. Stay the f$&k away from those of us who are sharing our problems with others who are in the same boat.
You've have a grey cloud over your head, bet you don't have problems with just your Camaro!
Old 07-26-2011, 02:04 PM   #7
VaderSS

We have our son driving a Camry. Zero problems on two years of ownership...with a teenager driving.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:18 PM   #8
jtzako

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
You have to think about how few Camaro owners are on these forums compared to how many own the car.

You also have to realize that people post about problems they have, not usually about problems they DONT have.

Percentage wise, the Camaro does not have many problems.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:24 PM   #9
VaderSS

And for every one person who takes the time to voice their complaint, there are at least ten others with problems who say nothing.

Percentage wise, the Camaro has more problems than any car I've owned in thirty-one years of driving. Like i said before; love the 5th Gen styling and the LS3...hate the poor build quality and extensive (documented) list of problems & failures.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:35 PM   #10
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
All I hear is a bunch of whiners. Just get rid of your cars already.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:50 PM   #11
MMC

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS, 1987 & 2014 Silverado
How many Toyotas have been recalled over the past few years? Millions!
They have been good at hiding the problems and people like some of you buy into the quality they preach. Cars are complex machines and the designs get refined over the model year and get better each generation.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:11 PM   #12
VaderSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
All I hear is a bunch of whiners. Just get rid of your cars already.
Our complaints are perfectly valid and provable. Your choice to surf the problem threads, attempting to throw a smokescreen over the problems is inexplicable. The internet provides a false sense of bravado. You'd never talk that smack face to face. We are already angry and frustrated.

We cant even commiserate with others experiencing the same problems without you chiming in with NO HELP whatsoever. Its not hard to see how you have accumulated 17,500 posts in two years.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:13 AM   #13
Dans2SS

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
I might be able to overlook some of the issues I've had but GM isn't holding their dealers to any standard. So I can't get my stuff easily fixed. but agree with the one post above, this is the most issues I've had with a new car.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:12 AM   #14
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
could it be that with your other cars you weren't as "particular" about them? I know that when I owned my old Izuzu I didn't have a single problem, but when it came time to get rid of it I was informed of a bunch of problems that I never even new existed. Where as with Kaylee, if a screw is out of place; I notice it.