Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-13-2011, 04:21 AM   #323
chevyswagger

Drives: 2011 camaro rs v6 dohc
um does anyone have a vid of just the stock exhaust with the resenator delete
Old 09-13-2011, 01:33 PM   #324
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I've not seen any videos of that, but I'm thinking it can't hurt...just not sure if it will make a big difference.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:49 PM   #325
chevyswagger

Drives: 2011 camaro rs v6 dohc
maybe ill try it out this weekend and see put a video up
Old 09-14-2011, 10:49 AM   #326
xDROx

Drives: 2011 Black/Black 2LT/RS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
In theory the clamp should overlap the existing pipe and the new pipe... which I think means moving it away from the new muffler, not closer.....

Anyone in the Northern VA area that can offer an assist with my dilemma?
:bangdesk:
Old 10-17-2011, 10:28 PM   #327
KMPrenger

BBK long tubes / ARK DTS catback exhaust added to first post.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:54 PM   #328
AKA-22

Drives: ELLE-1
exhaust

ive got the gmpp on 2012 camaro ,want a deeper sound axle back system that will not make my car sound like a rice burner..whats the best??
AKA-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:13 PM   #329
AKA-22

Drives: ELLE-1
flowmasters

looking at buying these but how do they sound doing 65 miles an hour?? i want to be able to hear myself think.....i have the gmpp on my 2012 but want a little deeper sound without being too loud..
AKA-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:09 PM   #330
KMPrenger

My take on the Flowmasters is this (talking about the American Thunder axle back) is that they have a nice sound at lower rpms, but they tend to have a tin-like sound and some rasp at the mid upper and higher rpms. Check out the videos of them on the first page to get an idea. Here is another vid of them as well:

I'm not really sure what to recommend to you to get a deeper sound without being much louder.

You may want to look into cutting off the stock resonators (not the cats) as many people say this tends to give a deeper more clear sound. It will likely also make it a bit louder, and may add some in-cabin drone but that seems to depend on the exhaust the car is running. It would be something cheap to try thats for sure. Just keep them once you have them cut in case you decide to add them back in later.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:48 AM   #331
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

Drives: Camaro Of The Week.
alright noobs here wud like to ask.

which one is better catback or axle back? and what brand is the best for both of type? and can i now approx of hp increase for both?
kenkartasasmita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:19 PM   #332
KMPrenger

Some will say a full cat-back is better than an axle-back. But that is not always the case. Its really all about the sound and what YOU like. If you like the sound of a certain axle-back setup better than others, then its the best.....on the other hand if you feel a cat-back setup is the best sound after listening to it...then its the best.

It is really up to you and what you think is the best.

On this car, a cat-back really doesn't seem to make any more power than adding an axle-back will do...and the power increase is pretty minimal.

You need to decide on how much money your willing to spend, and then start your search from there. Axle-back setups will typically run from 400 to 700 dollars while catbacks will typically go from 700 to 1,200 dollars.

If you go with a custom setup like I did, then you can determine the cost.

I know this reply really doesn't help much, but really you just need to do the research by listening to some setups from the first post in this thread. Nobody else can tell you what is best.

Now quality is another issue, but I think they are all of fairly good quality...have no heard of any makes having poor quality.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:43 AM   #333
PercyJWellingtonIII
Account Suspended

Drives: pontiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
My take on the Flowmasters is this (talking about the American Thunder axle back) is that they have a nice sound at lower rpms, but they tend to have a tin-like sound and some rasp at the mid upper and higher rpms. Check out the videos of them on the first page to get an idea. Here is another vid of them as well:

I'm not really sure what to recommend to you to get a deeper sound without being much louder.

You may want to look into cutting off the stock resonators (not the cats) as many people say this tends to give a deeper more clear sound. It will likely also make it a bit louder, and may add some in-cabin drone but that seems to depend on the exhaust the car is running. It would be something cheap to try thats for sure. Just keep them once you have them cut in case you decide to add them back in later.

True they sound like crap at High RPM, the work around is to eliminate your H-Pipe and install the resonated magnaflow X-pipe and you will be happy with it.
PercyJWellingtonIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:22 PM   #334
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

alright, so i just bought kooks catback exhaust from someone in here. and i see that it has the x-pipe. but, somehow i want it to delete the 2 resonators at the back so it'll be much louder, but is it legal in texas sort of like free flow-ish? soon i will install the bbk lt headers.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:02 AM   #335
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

no answers?????
Old 11-20-2011, 05:53 PM   #336
MattyDaddy

Drives: 2012 Red SS/RS
don't have a response on your exhaust dilemna, but I just wanted to chime in here and let everyone know that I just put on the Cherrybomb V8 kit on my 2011 v6 LS auto. Paired with the KN intake, I love the sound! It is quite a bit than I anticipated with only a few very slight alignment issues, I was done in less than an hour and I got it from www.performanceexhaustplus.com I ordered it on a Friday which was veteran's day and it got here by thursday the following week!! Pretty awesome since they didn't charge shipping and/or Tax!!!! You guys really need to price them out before you buy exhaust! Someone else has already posted videos and sound clips of this setup in this thread.
MattyDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote