Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-29-2011, 01:30 PM   #1
Monaco

Drives: 2012 SS Camaro LS3
Should I be concerned?

Hey everyone. So...I got in my car a couple hours ago and started it up. Upon doing so, I had the urge to look at the passenger side of the car and to my surprise, some white smoke emitted from the passenger vent. I proceeded to roll down my windows and make very scared faces at the plum of smoke. (it wasn't much smoke, but still very scary). After that, I decided to drive anyway, and thankfully it still drives just fine. Also, I've turned the car on and off a couple times after this happened, and didn't have any issues. So...should I be concerned or just forget it happened?

2012 Camaro SS/RS LS3 | K&N Aircharger | Corsa Catback Exhaust |
Monaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:52 PM   #2
ibmrs

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IBM
Did it have an electrical burning smell? chemical smell (antifreeze)?
Blower still move air at same force on high?
Check the cabin air filter, anything externally sucked in would be in that.
Cabin Air Filter replacement.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:30 PM   #3
Monaco

Drives: 2012 SS Camaro LS3
Definitely not chemical, but it smelt more like cigarette smoke and actually came out long a long drag from a cigarette. It was weird. O.o and the ac still blows the same from what I can tell. Just drove for an hour and a half up alligator alley.

2012 Camaro SS/RS LS3 | K&N Aircharger | Corsa Catback Exhaust |
Monaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:20 PM   #4
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
Don't think you need to

Don't think you need to worry,probably just condensation build up in the duct work and new rubber and such smells a little.Others have posted before with same issue.Probably wont be an issue unless it continues to happen or you start to smell anti freeze odor in the car.Enjoy it .
Old 08-29-2011, 08:45 PM   #5
BoomBoomKid

Drives: Gen 1 Gen 3 soon Gen 5
My first drive home smoke was coming from under the car, due to stickers on the catalytic converters burning off. Look for anything on your exhaust system.
BoomBoomKid is offline   Reply With Quote