Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-20-2013, 06:46 AM   #15
Blues45th

Drives: 45th anniversary edition v6 3.6L
I have a custom Fsp tune. For those who question if there tune is giving them gains, well it isn't, that is if you have to question it. I had my car get flashed back to stick from a lazy tech who didn't wanna relearn my sensors for tires on a rotation. I left the dealer and I got on the gas and I was like wtf. Well after going back down to Fsp to see what the dealer did. All they did was flash me back to stock. I was so spoiled over the past three weeks with the Fsp tune from Matt and Rodney, that I thought something was wrong when the car was running in stock specs. So I will say if you question what your tune is doing to your car then I gotta say your tune is lacking. With my Fsp tune I have no doubt question or hesitation in saying its getting 110% out of my mistress and I love every second I'm sitting in that drivers seat.
Blues45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:08 AM   #16
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
In reality the Trifecta has never had a solid reputation with giving a good increase in power. It is mainly used to clear the CEL for people with headers and making the shifts more aggressive if asked for. Other than those two things the only thing that is different about the Trifecta is the Ghost Cam. When I get LT and i can afford the IPF that is what i will go for but if not I might just go with Trifecta.
Is your comment regarding the LLT specifically? From what I recall seeing, tunes on the LLT were getting about 15 HP, but on the LFX they were pushing 30 HP.

Not questioning your statement's validity, just trying to clarify. I have no experience with any of the available tunes, but may look to tune eventually.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #17
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by solteroblues View Post
Does anyone ever loan theirs out? I really don't see using it more than the initial tune and then the 1-2 follow ups. Seems like such a huge expense for something so seldom used. Kind of like my wife's $450 juicer!
If you get a new mod, likely you'll have to get a retune plus you can use this cable to reset codes with the correct software.

On another note, these cables are used in all kinds of other new vehicles coming out to the market so down the road, you might be needed this cable with another vehicle that you may wish to tune.

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:26 PM   #18
solteroblues

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS IBM
I'm starting to have some doubts about the Trifecta. It seems about a 60-40 lean towards it not being worth the money. Every other thread I read about it, people say both ways. I don't know if it's worth the hassle. I could go with the Hypertech that would give me tunings for my vararam and transmission shift points, for less money, but when I add the ported throttle body, it doesn't appear to offer any kind of tuning for that. Is that going to make a big difference?
solteroblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:49 PM   #19
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911medic View Post
Is your comment regarding the LLT specifically? From what I recall seeing, tunes on the LLT were getting about 15 HP, but on the LFX they were pushing 30 HP.

Not questioning your statement's validity, just trying to clarify. I have no experience with any of the available tunes, but may look to tune eventually.
My comment was in regards to the LLT. Thanks to its lock tight Bosch ECU it has made it very difficult to have many tune options. While the Trifecta will deliver a slight HP increase the IPF has been shown to have a higher performance increase. Since the LFX has a Delphi ECU it has made tuning on them much much easier.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:50 PM   #20
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
I'm starting to have some doubts about the Trifecta. It seems about a 60-40 lean towards it not being worth the money. Every other thread I read about it, people say both ways. I don't know if it's worth the hassle. I could go with the Hypertech that would give me tunings for my vararam and transmission shift points, for less money, but when I add the ported throttle body, it doesn't appear to offer any kind of tuning for that. Is that going to make a big difference?
You shouldn't need a tune/re-tune for a ported throttle body. That is a pretty simple and straight forward mod
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:58 PM   #21
solteroblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
You shouldn't need a tune/re-tune for a ported throttle body. That is a pretty simple and straight forward mod
So the hypertech should give me everything I need and possibly save a few bucks? And will never need a cable? Sounds like the best option, unless there's something that I'm missing.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #22
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Hypertech is the tune that never ever gets talked about, and I think that is because it is the most "canned" like tune and because of that got written off. Heck...even I never considered it. Now I'm thinking twice about that.

A member here with one of the most successful 1/4 mile times for a bolt on V6 ran that tune and seemed pretty happy with it.

I don't believe the Hypertech covers LT headers, but otherwise, I think you would be good to use it.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #23
MDV6er

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
I've loved my trifecta tune. Going from stock tune to my original trifecta tune is a big difference. No dyno to prove it, but the car just pulls better
Old 05-20-2013, 10:34 PM   #24
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Every car reacts different in all aspects of modding for power. None will feel or seem the same. I noticed a big difference when I got my Trifecta tune before FI on my M6 with no trans tune. I have done in the past the tuned to stock then back to tuned deal. And I noticed a difference. So engines are weaker than others while others are stronger, it's the luck of the purchase with GM lol!
Old 05-21-2013, 07:14 PM   #25
solteroblues

Found a local trifecta tuner, so may not need the cable to begin with. But I'd still like to get one for logging or future upgrades
Old 05-21-2013, 08:37 PM   #26
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Quote:
So the hypertech should give me everything I need and possibly save a few bucks? And will never need a cable? Sounds like the best option, unless there's something that I'm missing.
When I was looking at the Hypertech tune I didn't find it cheaper than the Trifecta....unless you paid full price for the ezflash cable. Maybe you found a cheaper place than I did??

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:44 PM   #27
solteroblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_RS View Post
When I was looking at the Hypertech tune I didn't find it cheaper than the Trifecta....unless you paid full price for the ezflash cable. Maybe you found a cheaper place than I did??
The hypertech at auto anything is 284 right now with a 15% discount that you can find online. That includes free shipping.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:47 PM   #28
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Quote:
The hypertech at auto anything is 284 right now with a 15% discount that you can find online. That includes free shipping.

Yep....that's cheaper!!! Haha I must not have seen that.

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote