Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-09-2011, 01:17 PM   #113
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by bi11ymc View Post
Actually, I have some brushed centers on the way, with black COR logo. Those are the standard chrome centers.
Yeah. That's the cap. The "centers" are the spokes. I love how they brushed finish on the spokes looks with your SIM car!
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:12 PM   #114
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Yeah. That's the cap. The "centers" are the spokes. I love how they brushed finish on the spokes looks with your SIM car!
I was calling the center the face, and the cap, the center

CAI Inc., ARH LT Headers with Cats, Borla Touring Cat-Back; Pfadt Coil Overs, Sway Bars, End Links, and Trailing Arms; Comp Cams Blower Cam, Dual Springs, Push-Rods, and Lifters; GM LS2 Lifter Trays, 6.2 MLS Head Gaskets, Crank Bolt, and LS2 Front Cover; 3-Bolt Conversion Timing Gear, Katech C5R Timing Chain, ARP LS2/LS3 Head Bolt Kit, Melling Hi Volume Oil Pump, TVS 2300 Supercharger (Black); Build by Vengeance Racing; Custom Tune by Vengeance Racing
bi11ymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:02 AM   #115
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"

Status update: Gio from COR and Nine Ball both sent me a document that shows the installation of the sensors. I cannot believe how simple the solution is and that the absence of four T20 screws and this document has my car sitting in my garage with a flat tire. I don't know if Gio got anything in the mail to me Friday so I don't know when or if I will receive anything. So, I am going to call around today to the hardware stores and see if anyone has any.

I can drive my car, but for only short periods. I have a portable air compressor that plugs into the Camaro port and can put 40 lbs of air in the car and be ok driving for about 15 minutes before I need to refill, I think. I have not tried this because I just don't feel safe doing it. I ordered two more TPMS sensors just in case any of the ones in the wheels might get damaged.

On another note, my house had some kind of electrical surge during the storms last Thursday afternoon. My AT&T U-Verse TV and wired internet were not working. My Bose home theater system does not work. A fuse in my irrigation control center in the garage was burned out. It might have been a lightning strike close by the house. AT&T came out Saturday (yesterday) and got my internet back up. Now, I can VPN to the office and work from home until I can get the parts I need to get my sensors installed correctly and have my car going again.

Now, off to order four T20 screws from Amazon

CAI Inc., ARH LT Headers with Cats, Borla Touring Cat-Back; Pfadt Coil Overs, Sway Bars, End Links, and Trailing Arms; Comp Cams Blower Cam, Dual Springs, Push-Rods, and Lifters; GM LS2 Lifter Trays, 6.2 MLS Head Gaskets, Crank Bolt, and LS2 Front Cover; 3-Bolt Conversion Timing Gear, Katech C5R Timing Chain, ARP LS2/LS3 Head Bolt Kit, Melling Hi Volume Oil Pump, TVS 2300 Supercharger (Black); Build by Vengeance Racing; Custom Tune by Vengeance Racing
Old 07-10-2011, 09:21 AM   #116
Darth_Emma

After market wheels have caused me problems too. Although it's a pain in the butt, you will get the issues resolved and your car will look like YOUR Camaro and not everyone else's.

I remember when I had to put the stock wheels back on mine for a while and my car just looked so boring with them on. Your new wheels look great on your car. When these problems are resolved, you'll be glad you got these wheels.

(How was that for a pep talk?)

It sounds like you had a big power spike from a lightning strike. I always unplug my computers and dsl modem whenever there is a thunderstorm.

Do you have all of your valuable electronics plugged in via surge protectors?
Old 07-10-2011, 10:13 AM   #117
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"

The irrigation controller is plugged into a wall outlet on the same circuit as the upstairs guest bathroom, which has it's own pop-out breaker. It did not pop-out.

The Bose sub woofer/amp was on an Isotel surge protector.

The AT&T gateway was plugged into a UPS, which was plugged into a surge protector, which was plugged into another UPS!

Last edited by bi11ymc; 08-04-2011 at 10:47 AM.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:23 AM   #118
Darth_Emma

Quote:
Originally Posted by bi11ymc View Post
The irrigation controller is plugged into a wall outlet on the same circuit as the upstairs guest bathroom, which has it's on pop-out breaker. It did not pop-out.

The Bose sub woofer/amp was on an Isotel surge protector.

The AT&T gateway was plugged into a UPS, which was plugged into a surge protector, which was plugged into another UPS!
My understanding is that you should never plug a UPS into another UPS nor a surge protector into a surge protector.

The UPS should have stopped any surge through the power plug. But, not all surge protectors are good enough to stop a major surge.

Also, are these things plugged into your phone lines? A lot of times a surge can come through the phone line and not the power.

Hope you get it all working again.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:07 AM   #119
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"

Status update: COR had an issue getting me what I need, but yesterday Gio told me the sensor adapters would be air-over-night delivered to me today.

I have been using VPN from my home computer to my work computer, but my supervisor is not happy about it. One of the Software Engineers on my team is working his last week and I need to be at the office working with him to get as much info as I can before his departure.

On a positive note, it is my 51st birthday

Old 07-12-2011, 09:58 AM   #120
Darth_Emma

Happy Birthday!

How about a rental car?
Old 07-13-2011, 12:43 PM   #121
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"

Status update: Car is at the dealership, sensor adapters are also there, new billet center caps are there, and all should be put together correctly this time.

Also, I am at work today. I took the dealership shuttle van to work.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:31 PM   #122
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"

Car is home and sensors mounted correctly! Dealership was afraid to pound the new center caps in, so I will take care of that myself. I will get the car cleaned up and more pictures will be taken, soon.

Last edited by bi11ymc; 08-02-2011 at 03:27 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:32 PM   #123
Darth_Emma

Yay! You must be relieved. I would love to see some pictures.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:25 PM   #124
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"

I suspect I may have a weak MAF sensor. My Vengeance tune was giving me issues at low RPM stop and go, and my Jannetty tune is doing the same. I read through the threads and it sounds like that is my issue. I will investigate.

Also, I have ordered the CAI, Inc super charger upgrade tube.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:05 AM   #125
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"

Put my new CAI, Inc. supercharger tube on. The MAF was K15, so it is not weak. I bought myself a real cheap laptop computer to do some data logging to send to Ted at Jannetty. It probably is as simple as adjusting fuel at low rpms to get it right.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:39 PM   #126
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"

Upgraded my CAI, Inc. with their new supercharger kit:
Attached Images