Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Old 03-20-2009, 01:25 PM   #43
NightmareSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 92 300zx 2001 Ram
i always reread my post...and then after i submit it i read it again and 90% of the time edit it...but for spelling errors usually...and btw, what thread last night are we talking about? im dying to know and see if i read it...if u dont wanna bring it up i understand

o and no1 answered my question in post #36
Old 03-20-2009, 01:27 PM   #44
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Unfortunately, ArcAngel...this is a very serious issue. One that we hope everyone takes away a lesson from...

My message to the members of www.Camaro5.com:

:( Last night, I was sitting at home...with a blanket wrapped around me and a box of tissues at my side. I feel like crap, and wanted nothing more than to enjoy the tail-end celebrations and excitment of the start of production early this week. Instead...I open my browser, and log on to find a rediculous, nearly 10-page, thread about an issue so trivial and so misunderstood it made my blood boil (and that's not good when you're sick).

It gives me no pleasure to write this. I often hoped that unlike other forums (not just Camaro-oriented), we would be able to skirt the inevitable degradation of maturity that plagues nearly every conversational-website in existance. It's become painfully obvious that we can't...or at least that we're not as perfect as I'd hoped. Though I denied it...I realized that lately, this site has not been as fun as it used to for me. This site is like my second home...and I can't begin to explain how depressing that realization was.

That thread last night, and others like it gives the moderators a bad name, it gives the site and all its members a bad name, and it gives the "Camaro enthusiast" a bad name to anyone who's watching. There are some who would rashly call us "fear mongers", or "doomsayers"; we're 'always' freaking out with the biggest explosions over the most stupid of things. I know they're wrong...but threads like that one don't do the preception any favors.

The good news is that it's not the end. We can turn back. In fact, all it would have taken to prevent that, was a simple review of some posts before people hit "submit". That's IT:

"Would I say this to someone's face?"
"Do I know enough about this topic to attack anybody"?
"Will I start a pseudo-riot"?
"Does this post lend any value to the section I'm posting it in?"
"Have I already been proven wrong?"
"Have I already said this...in this thread...on this page...twice?"

If a few folks did that then the discussion would have never blown up, and perhaps the thread may have never even been started in the first place....

As moderators, all we ask is that the members of this forum try to act as mature as we know they can be. Some of us joined this board just over two years ago, right after it first started....and we know that nearly everyone who posts here is more than capable of having an intelligent conversation devoid of insults; stupid remarks; and half-baked, riot-inciting, side-remarks intended only to get folks riled up.

We are more in-tune with this car than perhaps any other enthusiast group with any other car. As mods, we understand better than most that the passion gets the best of us, and the heat-of-the-moment sometimes makes it hard to take the 30 seconds required to re-read a post before you submit it. But if we take the concious effort to do that, this site can go on without obnoxious threads like the one last night. And what I wouldn't give to take part in that kind of site.

VERY well said.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:29 PM   #45
adk46r
PROUD MARINE DAD! OORAH!!

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS,1967 Murina Blue RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2010CamaroLover View Post
P.S. Moose that cowboys symbols absolutely kills me!!! LOL although being an Eagels fan I know we didn't do too badly against you guys last year... Haha
From an Eagles fan to another....

Delivered 6/12/09 VIN#2G1FT1EW3A9112635!!!
adk46r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:34 PM   #46
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
You guys I hope you realize I was laghing because I know I have made the mistake read my first post in this thread. So I wasn't trying to make light dragoneye.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:44 PM   #47
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Is it good?
Yes, In my opinion it will be good. And helpful in understanding how much GM has done to keep us involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareSS View Post
is it bad if we do stuff like this? sh!t...or f***...and wut about @$$ thats not really a curse....not trying be a smart@ss just curious cuz i have posted things like that...
LOL that stuff is fine..

Quote:
Unfortunately, ArcAngel...this is a very serious issue. One that we hope everyone takes away a lesson from...

:( Last night, I was sitting at home...with a blanket wrapped around me and a box of tissues at my side. I feel like crap, and wanted nothing more than to enjoy the tail-end celebrations and excitment of the start of production early this week. Instead...I open my browser, and log on to find a rediculous, nearly 10-page, thread about an issue so trivial and so misunderstood it made my blood boil (and that's not good when you're sick).

It gives me no pleasure to write this. I often hoped that unlike other forums (not just Camaro-oriented), we would be able to skirt the inevitable degradation of maturity that plagues nearly every conversational-website in existance. It's become painfully obvious that we can't...or at least that we're not as perfect as I'd hoped. Though I denied it...I realized that lately, this site has not been as fun as it used to for me. This site is like my second home...and I can't begin to explain how depressing that realization was.

That thread last night, and others like it gives the moderators a bad name, it gives the site and all its members a bad name, and it gives the "Camaro enthusiast" a bad name to anyone who's watching. There are some who would rashly call us "fear mongers", or "doomsayers"; we're 'always' freaking out with the biggest explosions over the most stupid of things. I know they're wrong...but threads like that one don't do the preception any favors.

The good news is that it's not the end. We can turn back. In fact, all it would have taken to prevent that, was a simple review of some posts before people hit "submit". That's IT:

If a few folks did that then the discussion would have never blown up, and perhaps the thread may have never even been started in the first place....

As moderators, all we ask is that the members of this forum try to act as mature as we know they can be. Some of us joined this board just over two years ago, right after it first started....and we know that nearly everyone who posts here is more than capable of having an intelligent conversation devoid of insults; stupid remarks; and half-baked, riot-inciting, side-remarks intended only to get folks riled up.

We are more in-tune with this car than perhaps any other enthusiast group with any other car. As mods, we understand better than most that the passion gets the best of us, and the heat-of-the-moment sometimes makes it hard to take the 30 seconds required to re-read a post before you submit it. But if we take the concious effort to do that, this site can go on without obnoxious threads like the one last night. And what I wouldn't give to take part in that kind of site.
"Dragoneye iz n muh hed postn muh thotz"

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:46 PM   #48
adk46r
PROUD MARINE DAD! OORAH!!

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS,1967 Murina Blue RS
Quote:

Dragoneye I am quite new in here but I've been a Chevy man all my adult life and I think this site is great!!! You guys do a great job and for the most part so do all whom post here!! I would just like to say THANKS!!...thanks to all the mod's and admin's and to most everyone that posts!! It's great to be part of something that I remember from a 6 year old (1967 that my Dad had) to date and finally being in a position to make my dream come true!! I for one am keeping the faith!! Thanks for the reality check!!! Well done!!

Delivered 6/12/09 VIN#2G1FT1EW3A9112635!!!
adk46r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:54 PM   #49
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
is it bad if we do stuff like this? sh!t...or f***...and wut about @$$ thats not really a curse....not trying be a smart@ss just curious cuz i have posted things like that...
Quote:
i always reread my post...and then after i submit it i read it again and 90% of the time edit it...but for spelling errors usually...and btw, what thread last night are we talking about? im dying to know and see if i read it...if u dont wanna bring it up i understand

o and no1 answered my question in post #36
I think you can find more appropriate, actual words to get your point across.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:10 PM   #50
Tal

Drives: Old
Quote:
...and btw, what thread last night are we talking about? im dying to know and see if i read it...if u dont wanna bring it up i understand
I believe it was deleted, I think it will be to give you my own summary though. GM did something cool, but while doing this some people noticed something worrying, and then an argument started that was over the top at several points, but it seems there were significant unknown factors that make the worry much smaller than it appeared. There's a very good chance this won't matter in the long run, and the way the thread had gone before the full story made it impossible to salvage the thread into something useful, and that explains the deletion.
Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:27 PM   #51
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Well said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

VERY well said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
Yes, In my opinion it will be good. And helpful in understanding how much GM has done to keep us involved.

LOL that stuff is fine..

"Dragoneye iz n muh hed postn muh thotz"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal View Post
I believe it was deleted, I think it will be to give you my own summary though. GM did something cool, but while doing this some people noticed something worrying, and then an argument started that was over the top at several points, but it seems there were significant unknown factors that make the worry much smaller than it appeared. There's a very good chance this won't matter in the long run, and the way the thread had gone before the full story made it impossible to salvage the thread into something useful, and that explains the deletion.
'Father made clear a few of the concerns regarding the topic of this thread and has confirmed they are/have been addressed. The larger picture is that no one should have to worry about what that thread was started from. We should all be thankful that we get participation from the people we do here, from GM. When our community starts getting out of hand, makes an impression. There have been people who have fought to allow us much of the information we've gotten before others found out. Let's be more deligent in remembering to be thankful for what we've gotten, where we've been, and who's taken us there.

Please

JMVHO

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 04:21 PM   #52
Camarino
DrIvE iT LiKe Ya STOLE It

Drives: 2005 Mustang, '68 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post

'Father made clear a few of the concerns regarding the topic of this thread and has confirmed they are/have been addressed. The larger picture is that no one should have to worry about what that thread was started from. We should all be thankful that we get participation from the people we do here, from GM. When our community starts getting out of hand, makes an impression. There have been people who have fought to allow us much of the information we've gotten before others found out. Let's be more deligent in remembering to be thankful for what we've gotten, where we've been, and who's taken us there.

Please

JMVHO
yes yes yes

i feel so awesome being a member of this site, because it feels like i am a member of some secret society that ALL Camaro info goes through before it hit's the streets
........now that i think about it....i am a member of some secret society that ALL Camaro info goes through before it hit's the streets lol.....EXCEPT FOR THE SECRET PART i GUESS LOL

AND it wouldn't be that way without the help of Scotty & 'father and everyone else who donates there time her
Old 03-20-2009, 04:32 PM   #53
Outrun

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
I am asking, everyone, PLEASE, before you hit the "SUBMIT" button, RE-READ YOUR POST.

I, and I'll assume the other Mods., and Admins., as well, are tired of spending way too much time editing posts, checking for language, etc.! Instead of posting useful new information, engaging in knowledgeable and informative discussions, our time is spent policing.

PLEASE do not get me wrong! That IS the responsibility of being a Mod./Admin., and I welcome the responsibility. But the language, lack of respect, hostility, and lack of maturity by some, is getting way out of hand.

This site, as stated earlier, is a great site, one I take much pride in. You all should as well.

PLEASE! Show that pride by being respectful, using the proper language, etc.!
Great post. I hope everyone complies with these simple requests. Thank you Moose.
Outrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 04:40 PM   #54
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
OK, I fully understand. AND I like it and agree.

BTW I was on here from about 5 to 2 in the morning and I don't know the thread in question. Which leads me to beleive that I may have participated. Someone PM me.

And now I'm done being so serious. Back to the boards.

OK OK, back to work. L A T E.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:53 PM   #55
NightmareSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 92 300zx 2001 Ram
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post

Please

JMVHO
preach it man! but seriously tho...what was the worry about? can some1 pm it to me if they dont wanna post it? im just itching to know, i feel out of the loop!
Old 03-20-2009, 10:57 PM   #56
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
That's right; we do notify people. After all, there's no point in removing a post and then leaving the issue unresolved, right?

For the most part -- if we can preserve an inflammatory post while removing the bad bits; we'll do that. We don't delete the whole post because 1% of it was bad, you know what I mean? And the member will usually get a full once-over in terms of why it was changed/deleted, and what they can do to prevent that from occuring again. If you haven't been notified, it means you've been good.
Awesome, I have never recieved anything I've gotten a few warning tickets though...