Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-02-2010, 03:40 PM   #29
SSC Super Venom
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT + 2010 Camaro 2SS
How much did it cost to do that?
SSC Super Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 04:55 PM   #30
overhaulengines

Drives: Red 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
That would depend on the process. There are some hydrographic sites that show a gloss finish on their Cf process. It depends on how many coats of clear they spray on. Some of the sites have awsome results.
hi, i dont know how much clear he put on it, but i tell you it shines very nice, i am very pleased with it. it shine like my new painted stripes

lupe
overhaulengines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:14 PM   #31
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
That would depend on the process. There are some hydrographic sites that show a gloss finish on their Cf process. It depends on how many coats of clear they spray on. Some of the sites have awsome results.
I dont mean shine overall, I meant the shine of the weave in the light like real carbon fiber. Most of the fake CF looks flat and not dimensional like real CF, the 3M Di-Noc one is the closest to real CF because it is texture and has a weave like the real thing.

The one the OP posted does not look bad, but you can tell its not real.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 09:46 AM   #32
overhaulengines

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyan74 View Post
I dont mean shine overall, I meant the shine of the weave in the light like real carbon fiber. Most of the fake CF looks flat and not dimensional like real CF, the 3M Di-Noc one is the closest to real CF because it is texture and has a weave like the real thing.

The one the OP posted does not look bad, but you can tell its not real.
hi, thx for your input, i have seen real carbon fiber on some of the cars at our camaro meet, i have seen the sticker stuff and a few others, i have seen the stuff from Carid. i dont know if you have seen the stuff the guy put on mine, but in all fairness you are looking at pictures that are 2d, i have seen what you have (carid) and seen what i have and have seen other real carbon fiber products. the stuff that sa hydro grafix's put on looks 3d, it really looks like weave and it shines, but smooth. thanks for your input and all the others who have taken their time to look.

Lupe
Old 07-03-2010, 11:05 AM   #33
hydrodipper

Drives: 1963 corvette
Hey guys this is Rick with sahydrografix thanks for all your interest in my product. With reguards to the depth and shine on the carbon fiber there are several patterne and finishes that I have and they all have differant depths and gloss. This process does NOT involve any glue or stick on materal. The process is called WATER TRANSFER IMAGING. I can dip just about anything that will fit in my vat its 12ft by 4ft. We have wood grains as well as some really cool brushed aluminum. Check out my web site @http://www.sahydrografix.com I would like to thank Lupe for posting pics of his car. Thanks Rick
hydrodipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 02:48 PM   #34
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by overhaulengines View Post
hi, thx for your input, i have seen real carbon fiber on some of the cars at our camaro meet, i have seen the sticker stuff and a few others, i have seen the stuff from Carid. i dont know if you have seen the stuff the guy put on mine, but in all fairness you are looking at pictures that are 2d, i have seen what you have (carid) and seen what i have and have seen other real carbon fiber products. the stuff that sa hydro grafix's put on looks 3d, it really looks like weave and it shines, but smooth. thanks for your input and all the others who have taken their time to look.

Lupe
maybe it looks better in person, but of the hydro carbon I have seen in person it just does not have that look of real CF

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:58 PM   #35
overhaulengines

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyan74 View Post
maybe it looks better in person, but of the hydro carbon I have seen in person it just does not have that look of real CF
it does look better in person, that's why I wrote in the first post " pics don't do justice". thx again for ur input.

Lupe
Old 07-05-2010, 12:49 PM   #36
overhaulengines

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSC Super Venom View Post
How much did it cost to do that?
hello, Got it done by San Antonio hydro grafix, they did a very nice job. The guys name is Rick 210-724-0163 tell him Lupe sent you

Lupe