Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-25-2013, 01:36 PM   #1
ZL1Memphis

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Ipod+HD600=Much better

After getting the JL HD600 hooked up for fronts(stock) and JL 6x9 in the back. Including 2 12w0 in the back on kenwood 1800. Thought at least I would be satisfied for a while. But while using XM or FM it just sounds factory(Blah). Last thing I got was the I-pod.(Should have tried it first just thought XM would be equivalent).

Man it made all the difference. Just louder and clearer. Cutting XM soon as its time to renew.
ZL1Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:01 PM   #2
thxultra

Drives: Mean ass V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1Memphis View Post
After getting the JL HD600 hooked up for fronts(stock) and JL 6x9 in the back. Including 2 12w0 in the back on kenwood 1800. Thought at least I would be satisfied for a while. But while using XM or FM it just sounds factory(Blah). Last thing I got was the I-pod.(Should have tried it first just thought XM would be equivalent).

Man it made all the difference. Just louder and clearer. Cutting XM soon as its time to renew.
Ya XM is majorly compressed. Remember when it first came out they had 100 channels now they have way more and compressed the crap out of all the channels to add the new channels. If you have a good cell internet connection in your area get tune in radio it sounds so much better then XM. Really only keep my xm for two shows. They get rid of the Saturday night safty dance or Derek and Romaine and I'm done with them.
thxultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:55 PM   #3
ZL1Memphis

Drives: 2013 ZL1
XM was neat for about 2 months, but for me there were really to many channels to try to scan through because of all the presets. Free radio

Last edited by ZL1Memphis; 07-30-2013 at 09:19 PM.
ZL1Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:49 PM   #4
thxultra

Drives: Mean ass V6
Big positive to XM is it works across the entire country. Go on a road trip and you can listen to your channels. Get into the country and internet radio will not work so well. Wish XM had the deep play lists they had when they first started. Was much better before Sirius took them over. They had some amazing talent back in 2002.
thxultra is offline   Reply With Quote