Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-14-2012, 06:29 PM   #1
Chris C
End Of Line.

Drives: 2013 2LT IOM V6
I went from Mustang to Camaro. No regrets so far!

Hey guys, I joined the forum recently since I got the Camaro. I've read through many of the threads that ended up helping me make my decision, and many of the members here are knowledgeable and helpful. Not to mention these are some of the funniest comments I have seen in awhile , I definitely like this forum better than the Mustang forum I was on before.

Onto the story...

I got a V6 Automatic 2012 Kona Blue Ford Mustang a year ago as a present for Graduation last year. I'm pretty laid back and Kona Blue was the perfect color for me. It was exactly what I wanted, it had all the neat add-on's that Ford offers and everything. Club of America package, baseball stitching, leather seating, navigation, bluetooth, glass roof, all the goods. I'd like to have a V8 but it's costly for gas and I don't think I need that much power right now since this car was my DD.

When Hurricane Sandy hit, my family and I had no expectation of the hurricane being as bad as it was. It flooded our cars, which meant the Mustang was no more. It was a huge bummer for me because I babied that car for a year and took care of it really well. Luckily, the insurance covered the car so I could afford to get another one. Enter the Camaro...

The time came to decide what car I wanted to get, and the same two names that came up last year came up again this year; Mustang/Camaro. While I had the Mustang, I still over a Camaro every time I saw one . I guess it was a sign I wanted to switch over, even though my pro's and con's list of both cars showed that the Mustang was the better car for me. I gave in, and got a Camaro of similar level to my Mustang. 2LT, navigation, baseball stitching steering wheel, Inferno Orange leather Interior, sunroof, etc.

I've had the Camaro for a week now and I'm already much happier than I was with the Mustang. That doesn't change the fact that I still love my Mustang (yes, it is possible to like both of them ). Glad I made this choice and i'm looking forward to owning this one for more than a year!

I'd love to add more, like what I prefer in the Camaro over the Mustang, etc., but I think I've said enough for one post haha! Thanks for all the helpful information members have provided on here.

Chris C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
Nice! Welcome to Camaro5! So how do like the way the car drives compared to the mustang? Oh and, this forum is very dangerous... It has a way of stealing your money.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:34 PM   #3
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris C View Post
That doesn't change the fact that I still love my Mustang (yes, it is possible to like both of them )
It is possible to like more than one car

Sorry for your situation and I hope your rebuilding goes well. On the bright side you got an awesome car out of the deal. Welcome to the club!
Old 12-14-2012, 06:38 PM   #4
Chris C
End Of Line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soloknight6 View Post
Nice! Welcome to Camaro5! So how do like the way the car drives compared to the mustang? Oh and, this forum is very dangerous... It has a way of stealing your money.
I liked the way the Mustang handled a bit more than the Camaro, but the Camaro can hold it's own really well, and I haven't even had the car for more than a week!

Oh trust me, I can tell it's a money guzzler here haha. I had no interest in modding my Mustang, but the threads here already have me excited with the amount of great mods that are available for the Camaro. I just hope this doesn't become anything more than a small hobby haha.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:38 PM   #5
KarFan

Drives: 2023 SGM Camaro 2SS 1LE 6M
Can't go wrong with either. Sorry to hear about the wrath of Sandy. Lucky you made it out okay even if the Mustang didn't.
2002 White Camaro Z28 A4
KarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:46 PM   #6
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Welcome to C5 and congrats on the new car!
Old 12-14-2012, 06:52 PM   #7
Chris C
End Of Line.

Thanks guys! Though my house was hit badly by the hurricane, there are areas near me that have it twice as worse...i'm just grateful everyone I know is safe. The Camaro brings light to the situation though, it's fun driving this car every day.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:03 PM   #8
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris C View Post
I liked the way the Mustang handled a bit more than the Camaro, but the Camaro can hold it's own really well, and I haven't even had the car for more than a week!

Oh trust me, I can tell it's a money guzzler here haha. I had no interest in modding my Mustang, but the threads here already have me excited with the amount of great mods that are available for the Camaro. I just hope this doesn't become anything more than a small hobby haha.
Yea I heard the mustangs were a blast to drive. Yea, I got the mod bug with my camaro.... Still not done....
Old 12-14-2012, 07:03 PM   #9
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Hate to hear what you had to go through to get you a Camaro. But at least you and your family are ok. Things can be replaced, people can't.
I do like that blue your mustang had, but the inferno orange looks great too, especially in the sunlight.
Welcome to the forum and the Camaro family.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:13 PM   #10
Cody2399

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS, 2004 Dodge Ram 150
Welcome to c5 man! Glad you made the right choice! And sorry to hear about sandy
Cody2399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:41 PM   #11
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS RS
Congrats, welcome, and get ready to have a smile pasted across your face daily...

2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
CamaroJim56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:57 PM   #12
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Welcome and congrats!
<Mustang AND Camaro owner here too>
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:00 PM   #13
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Congrats!

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:16 PM   #14
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
What a story, You know its the looks of these cars , They just look so darn cool, That is why i bought one also was from the looks they have to be one of the sharpest looking muscle car for the middle class ever. This is a awesome forum , I did not even know something like this even existed till i fell into it one day, The knowledge of some on here is unbelieveable , and the help they give others , I have read thread after thread of a guy working on his car having a problem and someone on here helps him get the job done, I seen people offer parts of their car to others who had bad luck and needed help. Congrats on being a Camaro owner now, You truly have got to the top of the hill looking down at the Mustang, haha Just kidding .
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote