Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 01-24-2012, 02:52 PM   #15
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-eatin-grin View Post
Do you still think that the Z28 shouldn't be the top dog camaro if the ZL1 goes away? Should it still stick with competing with the boss if the ZL1 goes away and leave the GT500 alone as the uncontested champ of muscle cars?
Me thinks it don't make no never mind. GM gotza plan. ZL1 is leading da pack. You may no think it lookey too good, but you aint seen it runnin yet an nobody else can say theirs is a factory warranty mobile, now son, stop that hollerin an get wit it. Assume so the Z28, if it do come out, wudnt take no back seat nietha .
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:00 PM   #16
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
As long as there's a GT 500 there'll be ZL1...in this Generation. Post-'15, when the Gen-6 Camaro is due, anyone's guess or assumption is possible..."likely" is a WHOLE 'nother story...

Expect the ZL1 to last thru MY '15...I do...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:06 PM   #17
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Do you still think that the Z28 shouldn't be the top dog camaro if the ZL1 goes away? Should it still stick with competing with the boss if the ZL1 goes away and leave the GT500 alone as the uncontested champ of muscle cars?
Your not looking at it through the eyes of profit-making. To compete you need to provide as much or more "value" than the competition. It just so happens we're talking muscle cars. So to compete we need to offer like for like products, and then to offer more value per product. As it stands the Camaro competes on every level except...that's right Fords Boss, enter the Z28. As one improves their products competitively the other must continue if they are to stay in the game. It goes on and on.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:06 AM   #18
S-eatin-grin

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
Me thinks it don't make no never mind. GM gotza plan. ZL1 is leading da pack. You may no think it lookey too good, but you aint seen it runnin yet an nobody else can say theirs is a factory warranty mobile, now son, stop that hollerin an get wit it. Assume so the Z28, if it do come out, wudnt take no back seat nietha .
I don't what your problem is with me...but I don't speak or type in the manner that you have suggested. Is it the fact that I reside in WV? #1 I'm not originally from there. #2 The part of WV I'm in is about an hour from DC and probably more modern than most areas of SC. #3 Perhaps most telling of all is that making assumptions about people on limited information is a true sign of ignorance. If you can't discuss a camaro topic without being an asshole then don't post.
S-eatin-grin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:52 PM   #19
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
I don't what your problem is with me...but I don't speak or type in the manner that you have suggested. Is it the fact that I reside in WV? #1 I'm not originally from there. #2 The part of WV I'm in is about an hour from DC and probably more modern than most areas of SC. #3 Perhaps most telling of all is that making assumptions about people on limited information is a true sign of ignorance. If you can't discuss a camaro topic without being an asshole then don't post.
Let me explain this to you, there are pages and pages of hundreds of comments from multiple threads that contain thoughts in detail of how the majority of the regulars in this forum feel and what our expectations are. So either you have not aquainted yourself with any of those threads or you have read them and choose to ignore them. So you can come in here with guns ablazin and upset the Z/28 forum all you like, what you are not very likely to do is change any of our minds or get any encouragement. We are what we are, your rants won't change our many months of discussing and exploring different alternatives until we came up with a general consensus. The ball is now in your court, you can familiarize yourself with where we stand and try to have a rational discussion, or you can continue in the vein that you have taken up to now, the choice is yours.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:36 PM   #20
S-eatin-grin

You are right that I didn't realize that a small group of C5 members in the Z28 forum has already deemed what is best for the Z28 nameplate and that all those not in agreement with the group's consensus will be shunned and made to feel ignorant of all things Z28.

I Imagine then that that the group knows it's members well and likes it that way. I don't think this is the purpose of the C5 forum in general to be closed to counter-points but oh well...I'll not bother you again with my ideas...nor will I likely be buying a Z28...if there ever is one again.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:34 PM   #21
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Quote:
I was not directing the slang at you. I was in a flaky mood, kind of bored with all the redundant recitations we've been hearing for a long long time. I hadn't even noticed where you were from. Honestly! Don't feel so imposed on! My apologies for offending you. It was NOT personal or in any way related to you or your location. You're very welcome here. Chill out. You're ideas and opinions and insights are most welcome. By the way, you'd probably laugh to know I grew up about an hour outside DC myself. You might even call me a native. Thank you in advance for being gracious!

We all get mulligans now don't we? Besides that, I think you have a lot of info we could benefit from!

Last edited by htron50; 01-25-2012 at 09:05 PM.
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:07 PM   #22
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
You are right that I didn't realize that a small group of C5 members in the Z28 forum has already deemed what is best for the Z28 nameplate and that all those not in agreement with the group's consensus will be shunned and made to feel ignorant of all things Z28.

I Imagine then that that the group knows it's members well and likes it that way. I don't think this is the purpose of the C5 forum in general to be closed to counter-points but oh well...I'll not bother you again with my ideas...nor will I likely be buying a Z28...if there ever is one again.
We are certainly open to RATIONAL discussion, what you continue to overlook is that these discussions have been going on for many, many months, we've explored this possibility, that possibility, probably more possibilities than you could think of, we've discussed the pros and cons of all of those possibilities and we have come up with a consensus of what the reasonable possibilities could/should be. Anyone that wants to come here and discuss more possibilities is welcome, provided they understand what has already been discussed and add their opinion in a cordial manner instead of telling us what a Z/28 should and should not be. Most of us here have concerns that a new Z/28 should to some extent follow the heritage of that nameplate, many of us have owned Z/28s in the past, the regular participants here are a very knowledgeable group of individuals. We appreciate an attitude of civility in this forum.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:48 AM   #23
S-eatin-grin

Look, I wasn't trying to ruffle feathers I was just stating what I think the Z28 should be and I care enough about GM and the Camaro to have a strong opinion. I've been on the forum awhile too and have some knowledge as well. I've been a GM buyer and muscle car enthuisist for at least 25 years. I understand the business aspect as well and the risks involved with producing cars with respect to cost and competition and placement in a class of vehicle. Maybe I just caught a couple of you on a bad day but really...me stating what I think a Z28 should be no different than you telling me the same. I might disagree with you but I'm not going to treat you like your are an idiot...so who was being un-civil? Thanks by the way to htron for the apology... no harm no foul. I have noticed that a lot of the group here on the Z28 forum have held out on buying a Gen 5 Camaro waiting for the Z28. That does say something for your dedication for the name plate and I respect that.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:59 AM   #24
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

I guess what we should entertain, here, is a "sticky" for "what we realistically expect/predict GM may deliver as an OEM-backed, naturally aspirated, canyon-carving Z/28"...within reason (my words)...and another thread for "what do YOU think GM might throw against the wall and see if it sticks" version.

The key differentiator is GM-BUILT...and backed. NOT a SEMA-special, but a Hometown Motors-buyable iteration. That, friends, is what we long for...

There was a fairly loud cheer that went up, early last year, when the ZL1 was finally announced, blower 'n all, and named something other than Z/28...and some of those folks frequent this Site and Section regularly. Almost a "home away from home" for some and, as is human nature, the regulars are quite protective of their "personal property".

At this late date, relatively, in the Gen-5 life cycle, we recognize that whatever may be utilized to create and construct a Z/28 is likely to come, part-for-part, from existing GM parts sources/suppliers. Already certified/validated, in one form (or platform) or another. That pretty much eliminates all manner of currently-unknown pieces, from any outside source.

"Closed society", here? No. Welcome, one and all...truly.

"600-700-800+ hp seekers"? No, by and large. A certain level of reality exists..."GM-built" is OUR goal.

"Boosted engine"? Naw, not here. Try that Section one up...ZL1.

"Pie-in-the-sky diets and aftermarket components galore"? No, not really, not likely to arrive from GM but hey, if that's what YOU want, bang away on the keyboard. Concensus, here, may be at variance to what you share, but what do we know?

"You've probably heard this before but..." Yeah, we probably have, and we're likely to hear it a dozen more times after you duplicate a post from months' ago but, again, bang away. If researching this Section is a distant second, in your mind, to posting the penultimate-but-unbuildable-by-GM ZEE-TWO-EIGHT, then by all means share your recipe.

"Cranky (old) men without a clue"? Guilty, on occasion, as charged. Regularly, if I forget my meds...

Bang away...

EDIT:

BTW, it's NOT the nameplate we miss, it's a version of a Gen-5 Camaro that, in OUR minds, more closely emulates what some of us once owned, some of us lusted for, and ALL of us WANT...an "unfestooned", light-as-likely, canyon-carving, normally aspirated, suitably-suspended MEGA-ULTRA-PERMA-GRIN-inducing CAMARO. Hey, if it's got enough ballz and enough sticktion and enough SOUL, they can call it whatever they like. We'll simply refer to it as "aka The ZEE"...

And our checkbooks are ready...

Last edited by LOWDOWN; 01-26-2012 at 08:36 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:42 AM   #25
S-eatin-grin

Nice post LOWDOWN...and I actually like and agree with your 12 step program to a Z28....particularly the LS7 part. Thanks for all the insight.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #26
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
Quote:
Nice post LOWDOWN...and I actually like and agree with your 12 step program to a Z28....particularly the LS7 part. Thanks for all the insight.
Welcome to the field of dreams.......or is it dreamers.
Fightinfire921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #27
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
Someone turned up the heat.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197777
Fightinfire921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:33 AM   #28
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

BTW, although the Z28-specific Section only shows posts over the last year or so, this Section formerly included a multitude of posts that are now buried in the ZL1-specific Section. My point is, much of this debate has raged since the early days of camaro5...and that, folks, is a long-long time ago...

Again, we will all strive to be inclusive, respectful, and patient...