Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-08-2009, 02:03 PM   #43
Mayhem

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 Camaro (Black)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
So you can post your opinions but others can't? He can share his joy all he wants but it's a free country buddy. Stop harpin on people who don't agree with what YOU think.

Some people here believe that brand new stock cars shouldn't be winning trophies at car shows. Good for him winning, but he didn't have to DO anything. Personally I didn't take my car to the local car show on the grounds that it's offensive to the people who spend their time restoring/preserving older cars, and when the big day comes they might lose to some kid who drove his new car over from the dealer.
Calm down big guy. First of all, that's a two way street chief. If everyones allowed to share an opinion, then what did I do wrong?

Opinion's are all fine and dandy, but people always have the option of keeping those to themselves when they are basically personal attacks. Pretty sure I never said you can't have an opinion But can people not have opinions without bashing this guy who's just trying to share a POSITIVE story to fellow camaro5 members and car enthusiasts. Jeez.

As for your other points, most of them have been addressed by others. So I'll leave that alone and let you scroll up rather than argue.

Good day to you sir, and have fun not showing your car at car shows with categories set up for cars like yours at a place where people go to see cars..... At least you have your opinions!!

PS. this is getting off topic. My appologies to the OP for stirring the pot.
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:18 PM   #44
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
So you can post your opinions but others can't? He can share his joy all he wants but it's a free country buddy. Stop harpin on people who don't agree with what YOU think.

Some people here believe that brand new stock cars shouldn't be winning trophies at car shows. Good for him winning, but he didn't have to DO anything. Personally I didn't take my car to the local car show on the grounds that it's offensive to the people who spend their time restoring/preserving older cars, and when the big day comes they might lose to some kid who drove his new car over from the dealer.
I have never had anything but complete and total respect from all the old boys at any of the shows I have been to. I was invited to join one of the car clubs at the last one, the other owners have been helping me improve on my skills, and at the show I won, some other owners were out campaigning for votes for my car. There is no place like Nebraska!
Old 09-08-2009, 02:46 PM   #45
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Calm down big guy. First of all, that's a two way street chief. If everyones allowed to share an opinion, then what did I do wrong?
You're the one throwing around the !!'s big guy. I'm just agreeing with the earlier poster who said new cars should stay on the sidelines, or at least off the winner's stand.

Quote:
Opinion's are all fine and dandy, but people always have the option of keeping those to themselves when they are basically personal attacks.
Quote:
To those of you complaining... What is your deal !!
You started the personal attacks chief. I just posted my opinion, I didn't call out everyone who thinks differently than I do.

Quote:
But can people not have opinions without bashing this guy who's just trying to share a POSITIVE story to fellow camaro5 members and car enthusiasts. Jeez.
Where did I bash him? I just said I personally wouldn't steal an older car's thunder with my new car. There was nothing personal about it big guy. Jeez.

Quote:
Good day to you sir, and have fun not showing your car at car shows with categories set up for cars like yours at a place where people go to see cars..... At least you have your opinions!!
The 70's and newer category? Thanks, but I'll pass chief. I'll gladly let other people have their time in the sun with their older cars...they've earned it, not me.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote