Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-05-2014, 05:43 AM   #1177
Saint Alban

Drives: '14 Black 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thCamaro View Post
Idk if it ha been mentioned but if you insert the key and twist it to start the car and let go, the car will continue to crank until it starts. Meaning you don't have to hold it until the car starts. Not sure if it was mentioned. All of my current Chevys do this.
Even though I knew this, I still can't help but hold it lol.
Saint Alban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:43 PM   #1178
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5journal View Post
I just noticed this weekend that the big round horn button/Camaro/airbag on the steering wheel is not in the center of the wheel. So if you are turning the wheel further and faster than normal driving, you can see it oscillate around the center oddly
Noticed this too. Thought the wheel was out of round.
0stones0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:36 PM   #1179
trcsr

Drives: 2018 2LT/RS Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by satxrider View Post
I had to tell the tint shop that the windows roll down about 1/4 inch when the door is opened. Cool feature but was afraid they wouldn't put the film low enough to cover without knowing this.
I told my tint shop about this and he already knew it. He did all of the door tinting from inside the car so it was not a problem. It is good to mention this to anybody that is doing a tint job on a convert as they may not be aware of it.
trcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:08 PM   #1180
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by trcsr View Post
I told my tint shop about this and he already knew it. He did all of the door tinting from inside the car so it was not a problem. It is good to mention this to anybody that is doing a tint job on a convert as they may not be aware of it.
It's not just 'verts that have windows that do this. All 5th Gens do.

The tint shop I spoke with showed me that they just flip the door latch with the door open and the windows go up fully while they apply the tint.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:28 PM   #1181
satxrider
Bad 45th

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversay Edition SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911medic View Post
It's not just 'verts that have windows that do this. All 5th Gens do.

The tint shop I spoke with showed me that they just flip the door latch with the door open and the windows go up fully while they apply the tint.
Didn't know that. Thanks
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger / Alky Meth Injection / Lingenfelter GT12 Cam / Kooks LT Headers, 3 inch exhaust & QTP electric cut outs / Monster LT1-S Twin Disc Clutch / MGW flat blade short throw shifter / Haltech CAI / VMax Throttle Body / DSS Stage 3 axles/ BMR Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Suspension Bushing and 1" lowering springs / Taylor 8MM Plug Wires / Tuned by Henderson Performance Technologies / EBC dimpled and sloted rotors / G2 Painted Calipers / GM Tower Strut Brace / ZL1 Factory Rep Wheels
satxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:31 AM   #1182
tom231

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
They had to tint my driver side window twice because of the auto roll down. It peeled up the first time. The tint guy said it happens on occasion with these type of windows.
tom231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 04:07 PM   #1183
sstephen17

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS BRM
Test drove a 2014 2LT/RS and the sales guy showed me the remote start feature. Does anyone know if the engine shuts down after a certain amount of time if the key isn't put in the ignition?
sstephen17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 04:21 PM   #1184
CrtRS13

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red Tint 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstephen17 View Post
Test drove a 2014 2LT/RS and the sales guy showed me the remote start feature. Does anyone know if the engine shuts down after a certain amount of time if the key isn't put in the ignition?
I think it's 10 minutes. And if I'm not mistaken, you can only remote start it twice before you have to put the key in.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:24 PM   #1185
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstephen17 View Post
Copied from the owner's manual:

Quote:
Starting the Engine Using Remote Start

To start the engine using the remote start feature:

1. Press Q on the RKE transmitter.

2. Press and hold / for about two seconds. The turn signal lamps will flash to confirm the vehicle has been started. The parking lamps will turn on and remain on as long as the engine is running. The vehicle’s doors will be locked.

3. The key must be inserted and turned to ON/RUN before driving. The engine will shut off after 10 minutes unless a time extension is done or the key is inserted and turned to ON/RUN. Extending Engine Run Time For a 10 minute extension, repeat Steps 1 and 2 while the engine is still running. The remote start can only be extended once. When the remote start is extended, the second 10 minutes will start immediately. For example, if the vehicle has been running for five minutes, and 10 minutes are added, the engine will run for a total of 15 minutes. A maximum of two remote starts or remote start attempts are allowed between ignition cycles.

The vehicle’s ignition switch must be turned to ON/RUN and then back to LOCK/OFF using the key before the remote start procedure can be used again.

Shutting the Engine Off After a Remote Start
To shut off the engine:
• Press / until the parking lamps turn off.
• Turn on the hazard warning flashers.
• Insert the key and turn it to ON/RUN and then back to LOCK/OFF.

Conditions in Which Remote Start
Will Not Work
The remote start will not operate if:
• The key is in the ignition.
• The hood is not closed.
• The hazard warning flashers are on.
• There is an emission control system malfunction.
• The engine coolant temperature is too high.
• The oil pressure is low.
• Two remote vehicle starts have already been used.
• The vehicle is not in P (Park).
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:44 PM   #1186
sstephen17

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS BRM
Wow, that's awesome. Thanks for the info. I've actually never seen a car with remote start in action and was very impressed by it.
sstephen17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:34 PM   #1187
Rangore

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 45th Anniversary Ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADBADGER View Post
I fill my car up running everytime and never had that happen to me.

This annoys the crap out of me. I don't want you blowing me up...why leave the car running????
Old 05-07-2014, 09:28 AM   #1188
SScamaro14

Drives: 2010 SS
If you put your hand in the window and use the automatic roll up it will hit your hand and roll back down....don't ask how I found this one out.
SScamaro14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:14 PM   #1189
goinggone14

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS / RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS71 View Post
Very soon after you drive your Camaro off the lot, you become obsessed with parts and mods. Some of us need an intervention/exorcism!
Very soon after? I'm not picking mine up until this weekend and I already ordered and received numerous custom badges/emblems/decals to apply that very same day.
goinggone14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:28 PM   #1190
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
The back seat starts to turn from black to a blueish hue after a few years. I'm not sure why. The only thing that ever sits there is cases of Miller Lite on the way to the house
Former '68 and '69 Z/28 Owner...........Now sporting around in a 2011 RS/SS with........Kooks LT's and cats, JRE tune, CAI, scoop, ZL1 Bumper conversion, custom ZL-1 grille, halo harness, Painted silver stripes, GM GFX, black painted lower edge of skirts and rear bumper. MGW shifter.....and now a 3.91 1LE diff
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote