Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 09-19-2017, 10:03 AM   #1
TPH Coatings

Drives: 2011 procharger ss
TPH Coating Caliper Bleeder Issue

It has came to my attention that there were some bleeders that went out that were sandblasted which removed the anti-corrosion coating on a few customers calipers.
If you have bleeders with this issue please send me a PM with your address and I will send out brand new ones right away.
Sorry for this issue!
Thank You,
Kevin
TPH Coatings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:49 PM   #2
Mando2776

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Is this from newer worked on calipers or from a while back? I just got mine last week. How would I know if theres an issue?
Mando2776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 12:10 PM   #3
TPH Coatings

Drives: 2011 procharger ss
This was a issue that should never have happened and I don't know if it was isolated or consistent. We have bleeders that get put in that are for blasting only so there are no corrosion issues.. Somewhere along the line they stopped being used every time.... I have bought special caps to protect the bleeders since it takes a few seconds to install those instead of swapping the bleeders...

I have brand new sets in stock so if you think that yours may be rusting let me know and I will send you a set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mando2776 View Post
Is this from newer worked on calipers or from a while back? I just got mine last week. How would I know if theres an issue?
TPH Coatings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 12:44 PM   #4
Mando2776

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPH Coatings View Post
This was a issue that should never have happened and I don't know if it was isolated or consistent. We have bleeders that get put in that are for blasting only so there are no corrosion issues.. Somewhere along the line they stopped being used every time.... I have bought special caps to protect the bleeders since it takes a few seconds to install those instead of swapping the bleeders...

I have brand new sets in stock so if you think that yours may be rusting let me know and I will send you a set.
Do these look ok ?
Attached Images

Mando2776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 06:11 PM   #5
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
All I know is this guy has the right customer service skills. I can't wait to order from him.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 06:58 PM   #6
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
All I know is this guy has the right customer service skills. I can't wait to order from him.

Actually he should post pictures of the sand blasted bleeders so that his customers know what to look for if he wanted to go above and beyond .
As you can see one of his customers posted a picture of their caliper because they are not sure of what they are looking for. A Good vendor would take any doubt out of the equation .
Old 09-22-2017, 07:02 PM   #7
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Coopgt View Post
Actually he should post pictures of the sand blasted bleeders so that his customers know what to look for if he wanted to go above and beyond .
Possibly, but he's offering to make it right as soon as he learned there was a problem. Compare that to some other stories on here recently.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:04 PM   #8
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Quote:
As you can see one of his customers posted a picture of their caliper because they are not sure of what they are looking for. A Good vendor would take any doubt out of the equation .
You went back and added to your post.

He said if you weren't sure, he'll replace them no questions asked. I didn't see him asking for any additional money. And in the name of fairness, I'm not a customer of TBH. I'd like to be, and this shows he's willing to stand behind his products.
Old 09-23-2017, 07:22 PM   #9
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
You went back and added to your post.

He said if you weren't sure, he'll replace them no questions asked. I didn't see him asking for any additional money. And in the name of fairness, I'm not a customer of TBH. I'd like to be, and this shows he's willing to stand behind his products.

Yup i did . I started thinking about it more after I originally posted. Yes he is doing the right thing. I was just saying it would be easier if he posted a picture about what the issue looks like .
Old 09-23-2017, 09:24 PM   #10
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Quote:
Yup i did . I started thinking about it more after I originally posted. Yes he is doing the right thing. I was just saying it would be easier if he posted a picture about what the issue looks like .
Agreed.
Old 09-24-2017, 10:49 PM   #11
93TAWicked1

Drives: Camaro
I'm just trying to decide if I want to do the zl1 calipers in IOM with black brembo or black with orange Brembo....
Old 09-25-2017, 06:23 AM   #12
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
I became aware of TPH Coating by another Forum member. Member described "Kevin" as the guy to go to when you want the best. Standup individual and company that goes the extra mile for their customers. Your not left out in the rain as we all have seen once or twice with others. For this my Brembo calipers are currently in route to Kevin, should arrive Wednesday. The color of my Camaro is Ashen Gray Metallic, the calipers will be done in "lolly pop red" which has a heavy silver base then the
Brembo in black.

My thanks to both Ben for leading me towards TPH as well as Kevin for his great customer relations.

Larry

Last edited by Deputy347k9; 09-25-2017 at 06:24 AM. Reason: spelling
Deputy347k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:34 PM   #13
Spurshot

Drives: 2014 2SS blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mando2776 View Post
Do these look ok ?
What specific color is that?
Old 10-06-2017, 09:52 PM   #14
Mando2776