Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 09-04-2012, 11:49 PM   #1
sene

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LS
Please provide your input - is this reasonable?

I ordered a set of lowering springs for a member on here as part of a trade on July 18, 2012 from an unnamed vendor on here. UPS showed the springs as "left on the porch" and of course the springs (which cost $250) were sent with no signature required.

The vendor, distributor, and UPS are all pointing fingers but 2 months later still no springs.

My opinion is an item of this value should be sent a signature required to avoid any issues.

Vendors, members, please let me know who you think the responsible party is and what a reasonable remediation to this issue should be?

Just a thought, can I do a charge back with my credit card?

Thanks!
sene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:54 AM   #2
JWMotoring

Drives: 2018 SS Hyper Blue
Just my opinion after dealing with this a few times.

If you require a signature people get pissed. If you don't and things go wrong people get pissed. You can't win.

This is a tough one. If you file a charge back the other side gets a chance to rebuttal so you're not guaranteed your money back.

Hopefully UPS steps up. More than likely they left it at the wrong address.
JWMotoring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #3
Grey Ghost

Drives: 2013 HWSE 2SS
This happened to me many times with UPS and FEDEx with my business. I ended up paying the extra $2.00 - $5.00 to make sure items shipped to me we're signature required after that. ( a FedEx ground driver was taking items and selling them on eBay. He got caught and fired btw ).

If its been 2 months, you won't see the item. In a few cases with my lost orders they found the items in a day. My vendors reshipped the items that were never recovered free of charge. This was a few years back before shipping costs skyrocketed due to less business and high fuel costs. It now costs $30.00 and up to send a letter overnight. Another $3.95 to get a signature required from FedEx.

Vendors can't afford to re-ship items that ups or FedEx lose anymore. Unless it was the vendors fault for mislabeling the package. That's easy to see, check the tracking number and look at the label.

My advice to anyone reading this is pay for signature required if you actually want to get the package. Without that you have no guarantee of delivery. If you have it and they leave it on a doorstep it is a hassle to file but you do eventually get your total money refunded from ups or FedEx. It's worth the extra few bucks.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #4
sene

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWMotoring View Post
Just my opinion after dealing with this a few times.

If you require a signature people get pissed. If you don't and things go wrong people get pissed. You can't win.

This is a tough one. If you file a charge back the other side gets a chance to rebuttal so you're not guaranteed your money back.

Hopefully UPS steps up. More than likely they left it at the wrong address.
I think there's a threshold where signature should be required. If a $10 package goes missing then the vendor wouldn't be as hard pressed to replace it at the expense of keeping the customers who hate getting the "Sorry we missed you" notices.

From what I heard UPS doesn't have a track record of being helpful with these kind of issues.
sene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:29 AM   #5
JLE58

Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
People Hate getting signature required packages. If its a very expensive package its understandable but for 250 dollar springs most people will not send them with signature required. The Vendor sent the package and according to ups it was dropped off at your house if someone stole it off your porch etc. Its not the vendor fault. If the item got damaged than its between Ups and the vendor if ups says they delivered it and it gone when you get home than thats between you and ups and the police etc.. I dont see how its the vendors fault in anyway. Did they vendor send you a Tracking number??
JLE58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:39 AM   #6
babytiger
it's hers...

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
In my experience, the shipper will usually ask if the buyer wants it shipped 'signature required'. In your case, the shipper didn't ask, and neither did you.
It is unfortunately an expensive lesson learned. But I think it's on you this time.
But like someone else said, have you checked ALL the neighbors?
babytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:56 PM   #7
Synner

Drives: cars
This is why I started having things left at the UPS hub but its relatively close to me.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:29 PM   #8
Parabolica
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS
I know exactly how frustrating this can be. I had something similar happen with a $250.00 package delivered by USPS.

Check with your credit card company and see if you have buyer or purchase protection. Since UPS says they delivered the package to your porch, the item was stolen and might be covered.

It might be too late to file a claim, but worth a shot...

Edit: If you're not covered, or it is too late, see if the vendor will work with you and send another set out at cost. That way he's not out and, though they cost you a little more, you still get your springs...

Last edited by Parabolica; 09-07-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Parabolica is offline   Reply With Quote