Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 10-20-2009, 11:29 PM   #1
OBSSEST

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS, Black
Thinking of giving Zaino a try on BLACK paint

I hate to admit it, but I've been reading up on Zaino. I've bee a die-hard Meguiar's user for years, but this black paint just isn't getting to the quality I expect just yet with the meguiar's products (SwirlX then NXT 2.0) applied by DA polisher.

Regarding the ZAINO, What can be used for a Quick Detailer between weekly washes without removing the Zaino? Can you only use Z6 or would something like Meguiar's Quick Detailer spray be acceptable for dusting?

A week ago I applied Meguiar's SwirlX with my DA polisher and it did a great job of removing alot of micro scratches. However, in the sunlight I can see very fine swirls up close. Should I consider using the Z-PC or will the Z5 sufficiently take care of this?
OBSSEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:58 PM   #2
Mecha
AAC Certified Installer

Drives: 2011 Mini Cooper S Convertible
i have used Zaino its its a super good product.

my process is this

wash with dawn soap
clay bar
wash with dawn soap again
dry
z5
z6
z2
z6
z5
z6
z2
z6
z5
z6

lots of steps and with my car and the decals it takes about two days.

i have tried other stuff
only thing that comes close is Turtle wax ice liquid. easier to apply but awesome shine.
Zaino last a lone time though. lots longer then ICE.

yes you can use other detail sprays on zaino. i have anyways
Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 01:42 AM   #3
Chris@glimmerglass

Drives: 2001 S10, 2002 M3
Send a message via AIM to Chris@glimmerglass
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanandGreen View Post
I hate to admit it, but I've been reading up on Zaino. I've bee a die-hard Meguiar's user for years, but this black paint just isn't getting to the quality I expect just yet with the meguiar's products (SwirlX then NXT 2.0) applied by DA polisher.

Regarding the ZAINO, What can be used for a Quick Detailer between weekly washes without removing the Zaino? Can you only use Z6 or would something like Meguiar's Quick Detailer spray be acceptable for dusting?

A week ago I applied Meguiar's SwirlX with my DA polisher and it did a great job of removing alot of micro scratches. However, in the sunlight I can see very fine swirls up close. Should I consider using the Z-PC or will the Z5 sufficiently take care of this?
Why not give a slightly stronger megs product a shot first? You can definitely go stronger while still being safe. Megs #80 or #205 would be a good place to start.
On black, try P21s Concours wax, which may be one of the easiest products to use and looks awesome.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:02 AM   #4
ApolloWar

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I'm a first time Zaino user with by Black SS. The application of it and results have been great for me. I use the polish, finish spray, the accelerator, the blond towels, all of it is top notch.
Attached Images

ApolloWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:25 AM   #5
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanandGreen View Post

TanandGreen,

I too used Meguires primarily in the past, but once I owned my first black Camaro back in '97, I found out about Zaino, and have used it ever since.

To answer your question, "a quick detailer between washes", I'd recommend Zaino's Z-6. I use it often, and I prefer it over Z-8, as well as other "spray detailers".

As for Z-PC v. Z-5, I've used primarily Z-5 with very good results.

There are alot of good products available, but when I was looking for a polish that eased the maintanence, vastly improved the appearance, and gave me the best durability, I found it using Ziano.

I've used other brands in detailing cars for customers, but when it comes to black, its tough to beat Zaino.

Ed
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote