Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 10-27-2009, 09:16 PM   #1
wstuarttn

Drives: Inferno Orange SS white stripe
USB and Random play

When using the [B]USB to play music, whenever you shut the car off and turn it back on I have to go to the radio controls and turn on random Shuffle. This is very annoying. There has to be a way to leave it in the ON postition, Does anyone know how?

thanks
wstuarttn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:39 PM   #2
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
There is no way...

On the bright side, at least it remembers the last song playing, even if you remove the device.
two_wheel_mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:42 PM   #3
cKerensky

Drives: 2010 RJT 1LT Camaro!
I use my iPhone, and the random stays on.
cKerensky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:41 PM   #4
Road_Warrior85

Drives: IBM 2SSRS, 12 Jeep Wrangler 4door
Send a message via Yahoo to Road_Warrior85
yeah it irritates me too
Old 10-28-2009, 06:36 AM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
yes its a pain, and no, its not a glitch, its just the way the software is.....
Old 10-28-2009, 08:55 AM   #6
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
If I understand the technology, without the shuffle feature on, the PDIM will play the music in alphabetical order by song title, correct?

Anyway to sort it by another feature, like maybe track number?
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:31 AM   #7
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
If I understand the technology, without the shuffle feature on, the PDIM will play the music in alphabetical order by song title, correct?

correct, it will always play it in Alphabetical order starting at the last song playing when you turned off your car. adn to answer the second ? not that I know of.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:49 PM   #8
FwyFlyer

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Play Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post

I sync'd my USB drive to "my music" thru Win Media Player. The songs in my playlists play in the correct order, even CD's I ripped from "AudioStation" years ago. Media Player puts a track number in the title but Audio Station didn't do this. If I play an album it plays in the correct order. However if I turn the car off then back on it finishes that track then plays the next one in the list from the root directly where all the music is, whether it's a play list or an album. As of yet I haven't been able to set the player to continue where it left off. I assume there is some file telling it what song goes to what album. Seems like it has a selective memory!
FwyFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:05 PM   #9
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FwyFlyer View Post
I sync'd my USB drive to "my music" thru Win Media Player. The songs in my playlists play in the correct order, even CD's I ripped from "AudioStation" years ago. Media Player puts a track number in the title but Audio Station didn't do this. If I play an album it plays in the correct order. However if I turn the car off then back on it finishes that track then plays the next one in the list from the root directly where all the music is, whether it's a play list or an album. As of yet I haven't been able to set the player to continue where it left off. I assume there is some file telling it what song goes to what album. Seems like it has a selective memory!
More like no memory. It does not remember the previous playlist/album selection. It will continue playing the previous song but then continue on to the next song that is on the device alphabetically. How the GM engineers thought that this was OK is beyond me.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:38 PM   #10
Greyfox

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 2LT RS
I hope they can work these bugs out. I don't want to back to hauling cd's in the car.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:43 PM   #11
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
I hope they can work these bugs out. I don't want to back to hauling cd's in the car.
Keep in mind that these issues are only with non-iPods. If you're using a newer generation iPod, it pretty much works just fine (some minor issues but not much).
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:31 PM   #12
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

IF you have an ZUNE 30 gig (like I do) or other mp3 players, that have playlists and the like, there is a "way" to do this, but you might not like it either, BUT all you need to do is get a MALE TO MALE mini jack about 18 to 24 inches long, and just use your speakers in the car using the AUX INPUT jack, the volume controls in the car work just fine, but that is all, then you just use the features on your player and go. its a thought.