Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-13-2014, 12:29 PM   #1
Dupree878

Drives: '13 Dusk Edition 2SS/RS M6
Does anyone have experience with FlowMaster long-tube headers?

I have a 2013 2SS with the Texas speed long-tubes on it. One of my buddies fell in love with my car so much he went out and bought a used 2013 1SS. I mention this right off the bat because I don't want people getting onto me about what brand I should get—I have mine; I'm stressing this is for my friend.

For whatever reason he is not comfortable with going with Texas speed or Kooks or Pfat (mainly because he's an old timer who's previous hot Rod was a ZZ4 crate motor powered 55 Bel Aire). He's familiar with the FlowMaster brand. I haven't really been able to find anything about them, positive or negative.

http://m.flowmastermufflers.com/sear...gine=2541&cat=
I'm assuming they would be a decent quality because FlowMaster is a reputable brand and that the power levels should be somewhere comparable to what we're seeing from these other brands, but I'm hoping someone in this large community has first or second hand experience with these specifically.
Thanks
Old 01-13-2014, 05:48 PM   #2
Jason@Phastek

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Jason@Phastek
We sell Flowmaster, but these have never been a choice from any our customers.
Jason@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:02 PM   #3
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
You could point out the differences and let him make up his own mind. Those are $873 and 409SS. I don't think they include the offroad pipes so that's an extra cost. The TSP headers are 304SS (better than 409), include the offroad pipes, and are $400+ cheaper. If he still wants the flowmasters, then let him have at them. They don't look bad, just expensive for what you get.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:16 PM   #4
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Mine has OBX on it. If it didn't it would have TSP.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:18 PM   #5
Dupree878

Drives: '13 Dusk Edition 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
You could point out the differences and let him make up his own mind. Those are $873 and 409SS. I don't think they include the offroad pipes so that's an extra cost. The TSP headers are 304SS (better than 409), include the offroad pipes, and are $400+ cheaper. If he still wants the flowmasters, then let him have at them. They don't look bad, just expensive for what you get.
They're also thinner and lighter.
But he respects the FlowMaster name. If he wants to spend the extra money on them, that's his prerogative. I was mostly just trying to make sure nobody knows anything negative about them, ie fit problems, bad performance.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:26 PM   #6
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Like Jason said, once you weigh the pros/cons people choose something else. I didn't even know they made headers till this thread. Is he on here? If not, see if he'll join. Then he can look at the header threads to get the real difference. If he's dead set on them, see if he'll take some pics of them unboxed and a few of the install. Might be helpful to someone in the future.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:00 PM   #7
Deezee

Drives: 2013 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Like Jason said, once you weigh the pros/cons people choose something else. I didn't even know they made headers till this thread. Is he on here? If not, see if he'll join. Then he can look at the header threads to get the real difference. If he's dead set on them, see if he'll take some pics of them unboxed and a few of the install. Might be helpful to someone in the future.
This is great advice!

A lot of "old timers" are hard to sway! My father still thought fram filters were the best till the day he died! :( were from Detroit and he grew up in the real "muscle car era". Lol

I just go where the power is! Hell my last car was a Nissan!! Lmao
Deezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 11:13 AM   #8
Airbornesldr12
RunEmIfYouGotEm

Drives: She wears midnight blue ls3 m6
How did it go?? Ima getting these setup now
Airbornesldr12 is offline   Reply With Quote