Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-03-2011, 07:46 PM   #43
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
So the service department called today and said they found a follow up TSB which adds another step to the repair besides the compressor. When I take it in Tuesday, I'll post up here what I find out. I know they're trying, just glad I don't have to drive it every day.

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:43 AM   #44
Dans2SS

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
the fix (I'm told for mine) was the dealer that did recall work only did half. According to another service tech, you retune the one computer for how it cycles the compressor but there is another update to the ECU that needs done as well. Plus a new belt. We will see as the low almost gear like whirring sound leaving a light is still there. I'll have to test if the AC has dead spots in the cooling.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:29 PM   #45
tterb0331
Chuck Thunder

Drives: 2011 2SS
I had a problem with my a/c shortly after I bought my car which was under the recall... dealership replaced the heater core and everything, car spent over a week at the dealership... about a month later, a/c is already broken. I am now getting the same whining noise that you were getting. I'm getting frustrated with this a/c issue.
Solo Performance High Flow Cats
Flowmaster AT Catbacks
QTP Electric Cutouts
AAC Dual Color Halos, Halo Foglights (awaiting install)
tterb0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:56 AM   #46
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
I'm sorry to see many of you still having this issue with your vehicles. Have any of you been in contact with our Customer Assistance team to see what we can do for you in relation to this issue?

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:50 PM   #47
VaderSS

Drives: 2010 SS/RS 6sp
My dealer says he talked to GM technical assistance. The repair order says "normal compressor wind down per TSC"
VaderSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:01 PM   #48
tterb0331
Chuck Thunder

I talked to Customer Assistance today and got an SR# for the issue, will be returning the car to the dealership tomorrow evening. I posted a more complete story in one of the sticky threads about contacting Customer Assistance.
Flowmaster AT Catbacks
QTP Electric Cutouts
Old 09-20-2011, 10:07 AM   #49
VaderSS

Drives: 2010 SS/RS 6sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by tterb0331 View Post
I talked to Customer Assistance today and got an SR# for the issue, will be returning the car to the dealership tomorrow evening. I posted a more complete story in one of the sticky threads about contacting Customer Assistance.
Could you pass along that information to me? I need to educate my dealer.

Thanks.
VaderSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:36 AM   #50
tterb0331
Chuck Thunder

I don't have any info yet, just dropped the car off at the dealer a couple hours ago. Chevrolet Customer Assistance will be keeping an eye on their progress, and will be calling me when they know more. Once they know more, I'll post up.

I was in the same boat though, had my a/c fixed back in July, and now it's out again, and I am getting the same whining noise from the engine compartment, and a "hissing" sound from the center vents... I'm hoping this service appointment will be the last for this issue.
Flowmaster AT Catbacks
QTP Electric Cutouts
Old 09-24-2011, 01:56 PM   #51
tterb0331
Chuck Thunder

Sorry I won't be of any help, I got my car back yesterday and the problem couldn't be resolved. The car was empty of Freon. When they replaced the evaporator in July, they recharged the system and put in an ultra-violet dye. When they got the car back this week, they searched the entire system for leaks, wasn't able to find anything. They recharged the system with more freon and dye, ran the car for a day and a half with the a/c on full blast, checked the system again, still no leaks. They tried over pressurizing the system to force a leak, nothing. They tried a static vacuum test, nothing. They checked every hose, connection, and grommet. They checked the evaporator, the condenser, everything. They had their lead technician doing all the work as well.

With the freon recharged my car currently has a/c, but for how long? I still have an open, escalated case with Chevrolet. They said my car is one of only three in the entree nation that has an unexplainable freon leak. Looks as though I'll be making a few trips to the dealership every month or so to get the freon recharged, making sure that each occasion is documented. I'll be moving my car to Texas at the end of the year, once there, I'll have the mechanics at a couple Chevrolet dealerships there see if they can pinpoint the problem... but when is enough enough?
Flowmaster AT Catbacks
QTP Electric Cutouts
Old 07-18-2013, 02:39 PM   #52
AKA-22

Drives: ELLE-1
updates?
Old 08-20-2013, 03:54 AM   #53
ucfq8

Drives: 2010 Orange Camaro 2SS RS
TEMPORARY FIX

Hey guys .. got this issue a while back .. I shipped my car after graduating from uni in california to Kuwait. The temperature here is crazy .. gets up to 50+ degrees Celsius .. thats like 115 degrees .. I realized that once the weather gets too hot my ac stops working and I had to get something done .. went to a couple of shops and they told me I had to change the whole compressor .. I knew the compressor worked so I didnt change it .. finally went to a good mechanic and he got it working in 5 mins !! Now heres the thing .. he told me that the compressor isnt able to get "earth" for the electricity and its something to do with the computer .. the fix was opening the fuse box and linking a wire to a fuse on one end and linking the other to any metal so that the electricity can run out .. the fuse linked was the one for the ac clutch on the top right of the fuse box .. it has 4 forks and he linked the one on the bottom left .. when linked the ac will be on when you start the car and it cant be turned off .. the most annoying thing about this is the noise that comes from the compressor .. I will post some pics up soon if anyone is interested .. maybe a video if needed .. im still looking for a perfect fix and I know its something to do with the tune/computer.
ucfq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:32 AM   #54
AKA-22

updates?
Old 01-14-2014, 08:44 AM   #55
AKA-22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfq8 View Post
Hey guys .. got this issue a while back .. I shipped my car after graduating from uni in california to Kuwait. The temperature here is crazy .. gets up to 50+ degrees Celsius .. thats like 115 degrees .. I realized that once the weather gets too hot my ac stops working and I had to get something done .. went to a couple of shops and they told me I had to change the whole compressor .. I knew the compressor worked so I didnt change it .. finally went to a good mechanic and he got it working in 5 mins !! Now heres the thing .. he told me that the compressor isnt able to get "earth" for the electricity and its something to do with the computer .. the fix was opening the fuse box and linking a wire to a fuse on one end and linking the other to any metal so that the electricity can run out .. the fuse linked was the one for the ac clutch on the top right of the fuse box .. it has 4 forks and he linked the one on the bottom left .. when linked the ac will be on when you start the car and it cant be turned off .. the most annoying thing about this is the noise that comes from the compressor .. I will post some pics up soon if anyone is interested .. maybe a video if needed .. im still looking for a perfect fix and I know its something to do with the tune/computer.
yeah go ahead post away!!