Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-04-2014, 02:20 AM   #85
tekteq
HT5 in the 626

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS
They are listening to the consumers...most Camaro owners are not on this forum. We are the minority in the face of GM, a dying breed of enthusiasts who like old school muscle. I can assure you Mustang is going to make more sales next year because now they are listening to the consumers and updating their car to look like a Mazda6...apparently what people want now a days

2014 L99 Camaro 2SS/RS ~ Flowmaster American Thunder Catback ~ Cold Air Inductions CAI ~ VMAX Ported TB ~ ARH Catted LTs ~ Tuned by Ted @ JRE

A wise man once said, he who eats crackers in bed get crummy sleep.
tekteq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:00 AM   #86
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
It's very clear we don't have a fanboy problem in this thread. You guys are hyper-critical over stuff you imagine or don't understand.

GM listens to customers. Sometimes, input can't be made into product immediately, but they keep it on their minds for the next go-around. Will they listen to every terrible suggestion? No. Sometimes you have to accept that what you want doesn't make sense. Most of the guys complaining in here have some pretty steep expectations for a company that builds cars besides high-performance vehicles.

I could go on with rebukes to the countless critics in here, but you won't listen anyway.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:38 AM   #87
214Chevelle

Drives: 72 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
It's very clear we don't have a fanboy problem in this thread. You guys are hyper-critical over stuff you imagine or don't understand.

GM listens to customers. Sometimes, input can't be made into product immediately, but they keep it on their minds for the next go-around. Will they listen to every terrible suggestion? No. Sometimes you have to accept that what you want doesn't make sense. Most of the guys complaining in here have some pretty steep expectations for a company that builds cars besides high-performance vehicles.

I could go on with rebukes to the countless critics in here, but you won't listen anyway.

I agree and very well stated. Well, maybe they are listening...maybe not. I really don't care if they are or aren't. People, it's just a car. Buy it or don't buy it if you like or not. That's the way I look at it. I said they are not listening because remember when the C6 Vette was coming out? Everyone from Corvette enthusiasts to die hard fans from here to the Equator nearly about had a heart attack when GM took away the flip up lights. GM got alot of negative feedback for that and all previous Vette owners and magazines tore them up about it. GM didn't listen and moved away from the flip up lights and went ahead and sold more than enough. Most of you Camaro owners had a hissy fit when the restyled the taillights for the 2014. I'm sure GM heard about it, but didn't listen. Just like they heard about bringing back the LT1 and all of the crybaby's were heard. GM, still didn't listen and went ahead with what "THEY" wanted to do. Sure is ironic that nobody wanted or liked the thought of an LT1, but a dealership can't keep a Vette on the lot. Now, I know in certain aspects they listen. I didn't mean they absolutely, without 100% shadow of a doubt don't listen at all. Any good business will listen to their consumers. But, you got to understand what I mean also by sayin they don't. And Blur said it best, if they listened to 1/3 of half the crazy stuff some consumers said...the Camaro would probably look like a cross match between a Yugo and a go-kart.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:11 AM   #88
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
So from experience here is what happens.

Someone wants their car to come with a coffee maker.

But for one of the following reasons:

It is not technically feasible
It costs too much
It creates a safety concern
It doesn't meet federal requirements
NO ONE ELSE WANTS A COFFEE MAKER IN THEIR CAR

The individual automatically assumes GM isn't listening to THEM. We assume that because we want a coffee maker everyone else must too.

To develop a great product you have to address the needs of the many while enabling as many of the wants of the few that you can. It's really how it works. That is partly why there are so many wonderful variants of the Camaro today. Most don't want a 1LE. Many can't afford a ZL1. A lot just want a V6.

Simply put you can't satisfy every customer. You just try to get as close as you can.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:34 AM   #89
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Sometimes changes are made not from owner or fan suggestion but out of necessity, to meet new regulations or eliminate a problematic feature. Sometimes those things do not go over well but were necessary and does not mean they don't listen. Also some of those changes made were from suggestions from owners or fans, but you will hear the complaints from those that hate it a lot more than from people that like it... It does not necessarily mean more people hate the change than like it.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:07 PM   #90
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
I had no idea this thread was still going. Lol. My original post was more of a joke - if you compare the numbers, the LFX is vastly superior to the 3.7 Ford engine power wise. The only issue with the Camaro is that it's heavy, but on the flip side the Camaro is a ridiculously safe vehicle, and looks great. Choose your battles I guess.

I am sure that GM will make the 6th gen Camaro blow the 6th gen Mustang out of the water, especially if Ford doesn't start playing this transmission game.

Hell, they already could if they slapped the 8 speed auto from the CTS (for the V6s, 8L90 for the SS/Zs) onto the 2015 Camaros, but they probably have a reason for not doing so. Chances are they've got everything figured out already.

(for more discussions)
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:36 PM   #91
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
I had no idea this thread was still going. Lol. My original post was more of a joke - if you compare the numbers, the LFX is vastly superior to the 3.7 Ford engine power wise. The only issue with the Camaro is that it's heavy, but on the flip side the Camaro is a ridiculously safe vehicle, and looks great. Choose your battles I guess.

I am sure that GM will make the 6th gen Camaro blow the 6th gen Mustang out of the water, especially if Ford doesn't start playing this transmission game.

Hell, they already could if they slapped the 8 speed auto from the CTS (for the V6s, 8L90 for the SS/Zs) onto the 2015 Camaros, but they probably have a reason for not doing so. Chances are they've got everything figured out already.

(for more discussions)

GM doesn't bolt on parts. They engineer everything. I think that's the only reason an 8-speed isn't already on the Camaro. They want the perfect gear setup for every shift.

I share your confidence that the next Camaro will be a big winner.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:20 PM   #92
214Chevelle

Drives: 72 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I share your confidence that the next Camaro will be a big winner.
Rest assured, they'll still be some crying and whining about what somebody else thought GM should or souldn't have done. Hahahahaha!!
Old 05-04-2014, 04:26 PM   #93
macwest

Drives: 10 Camaro 2SS/RS, 70 Cuda, 71 Cuda
Quote:
Originally Posted by 214Chevelle View Post
Rest assured, they'll still be some crying and whining about what somebody else thought GM should or souldn't have done. Hahahahaha!!

Hope they remember cortana in the next generation and BLUE please.

Last edited by macwest; 05-04-2014 at 07:41 PM.
macwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:00 PM   #94
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 214Chevelle View Post
GM, is thinking, "We have a $75k Camaro that's in such high demand it's sold out, a C7 Corvette that's selleing better than ever and a new, supercharged convertible Z06 that's been having our phones ringing off the hook for preorders. Uhhh, why do we need to listen to the consumer? We are doing everything right from a design standpoint."
Any manufacture can make 500 cars and sell out.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:18 PM   #95
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
But seriously. Why don't people wave at me?
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:31 PM   #96
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obzen View Post
But seriously. Why don't people wave at me?
Old 05-08-2014, 02:56 PM   #97
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post

Oh man. I gotta make a thread now about how I got a wave. BRB
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 04:52 PM   #98
AlphaLTx
Account Suspended

Drives: C6s, F-bodies, ect
The removable roof for the ZO6 and black headlight surrounds that I was calling for in 2005 being offered in the C7 gives me hope.

But, it's absolutely PATHETIC that GM launched the Corvette without a DCT and has not offered AWD as an OPTION for Corvette, Camaro, or even V8 ATS/CTS.

GM needs to listen to the LARGE percentage of four season drivers that DEMAND the OPTION of AWD, but want top tier performance.
AlphaLTx is offline   Reply With Quote