Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-13-2011, 12:19 AM   #1
Buffnshine
So Cal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '06 HHR, '70 El Camino
Question I need your help re: lowering springs coming unseated

Anyone had any issues with their drop springs popping out the rear upper seat after new install. Was insatalled correctly but started having a loud popping sound after driving. Took car into today to Check and get 4 wheel alignment discovered that both rear springs had come unseated. Had them reset all good double checked after car dropped back down. Few miles down the road the popping started back up mainly in turns. I will be taking the car back in the morning to see if they have indeed popped out again.

So anyone have theories or like experience I'm not sure what to do but maybe put back in rear stock springs before I leave Thurs morn for Fest

By the way Im getting great support from manufacturer just tapping into this amazing Camaro 5 brain trust

Thanks guys
TEAM L99 - So Cal Camaro5 Race Team #27
9/5/09 Purchased #36962 Black 1SS/RS L99 "E-TCKT" Base Dyno 328hp/341tq @BBK meet
Mods to Date: Window Tint 5% & 15%, ACC P13W Lighting, Adaptive DRL Harness, Ghost Armor, Lloyds "SS" Mats, Dash Plaque, Flowmaster Outlaw Exhaust, Drake Front Bowtie Delete, Stealth 3457 Chrome/Mirror Signal Bulbs, Grant Revolutions Steering Wheel, PFADT Sport Springs, Sway Bars, End Links, Trailing Arms, 4 Wheel Alignment, Hurst Auto Shifter and Paddle Shifter, Satin Black Rear Tail Light Bezels

Last edited by Buffnshine; 04-13-2011 at 12:34 AM.
Buffnshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:30 AM   #2
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffnshine View Post
Anyone had any issues with their drop springs popping out the rear upper seat after new install. Was insatalled correctly but started having a loud popping sound after driving. Took car into today to Check and get 4 wheel alignment discovered that both rear springs had come unseated. Had them reset all good double checked after car dropped back down. Few miles down the road the popping started back up mainly in turns. I will be taking the car back in the morning to see if they have indeed popped out again.

So anyone have theories or like experience I'm not sure what to do but maybe put back in rear stock springs before I leave Thurs morn for Fest

By the way Im getting great support from manufacturer just tapping into this amazing Camaro 5 brain trust

Thanks guys
What springs are they? Sounds like something is wayyyyy off. They shouldn't be able to come off the seat like that.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:59 AM   #3
Tom D

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS RJT
They are listed in his sig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post
What springs are they? Sounds like something is wayyyyy off. They shouldn't be able to come off the seat like that.
2010 2SS/RS RJT, ADM CAI, Borla Shorties, Borla "S" Cat Back, Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GMS Wires, GMS Rear Trailing Arms, GMS Rotors, GMS End Links, GMS Tunnel Brace, GMS Rear Tie Rods, GMS 1G Suspension Package, GMS Stage 3 CNC ported heads, GMS Spec'd R12 Custom Ground Camshaft, Snow Meth Injection, GMS Custom Tuned, Norris Catch Can, MTI Brake Lines, Pfadt Coilovers, Sway Bars, Camber Kit, and Rear LCA Reinforcement, , AAC Footwell, Trunk, DRL and Dome LED Lighting, Technostalgia Tail Lights, RED B/A Pedals, Kompression Custom Wheels with Nitto tires, 621RWHP/584RWTQ
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:17 AM   #4
Buffnshine
So Cal Camaro5 Race Team

Bump
9/5/09 Purchased #36962 Black 1SS/RS L99 "E-TCKT" Base Dyno 328hp/341tq @BBK meet
Mods to Date: Window Tint 5% & 15%, ACC P13W Lighting, Adaptive DRL Harness, Ghost Armor, Lloyds "SS" Mats, Dash Plaque, Flowmaster Outlaw Exhaust, Drake Front Bowtie Delete, Stealth 3457 Chrome/Mirror Signal Bulbs, Grant Revolutions Steering Wheel, PFADT Sport Springs, Sway Bars, End Links, Trailing Arms, 4 Wheel Alignment, Hurst Auto Shifter and Paddle Shifter, Satin Black Rear Tail Light Bezels
Old 04-13-2011, 07:51 AM   #5
bee sting

Drives: 1997 30th Ann. Z28 & 2010 2LT RS
Interesting..I just got my Pfadts springs yesterday . I sure hope this isn't a common issue.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:41 AM   #6
Buffnshine
So Cal Camaro5 Race Team

I don't think it's the springs. Very reputable product and many installs. Will find out more today
Old 04-13-2011, 10:14 AM   #7
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Did the shop just tell you they had come unseated or did they show you? It sounds like who ever installed them left something loose. That would definitely make it op around corners.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:51 AM   #8
Buffnshine
So Cal Camaro5 Race Team

I have pics was on the shop when installed and also reinstalled. Two different shops did them
Old 04-13-2011, 12:17 PM   #9
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffnshine View Post
I have pics was on the shop when installed and also reinstalled. Two different shops did them
Post the pics.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:32 PM   #10
bigsquirrel
My car runs on acorns....

Drives: 2010 SS RS Inferno Orange
Did you cut the bump stops?

2.9 Polished Whipple, Kooks LT 1 7/8 headers, HiFlow Cats, Kooks Sleeper catback, Cooling Mist Methanol Injection, PFADT Sport Sways, PFADT Springs, PFADT rear trailing arms, ADM intake, JDP stainless brake lines, Jegs Catch can, Stock SS wheels widened to 10 3/4, Hawks HPS Pads, Pedders Rear Subframe Bushing Inserts, BMR Center Brace, MSD BAP, AAC side markers, Emblem Pro's Custom Lighted Door Sills, Dash-Floor-Cupholder ABL lighting and other stuff....
bigsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:13 PM   #11
Buffnshine
So Cal Camaro5 Race Team

Yes bump stops cut. I will post pics when I get back home.

Update: Took car back to the second shop today to check it out again. Good news, they did not slip out again. However still having a clunk occasionally, they said it is the exhaust. There is play in the in the pipes and I have put in spacers at the tunnel brace due to vibration earlier. The noise is mostly when turning right or braking. Not going over bumps. Will have it checked at CFest to see anything else
Old 04-14-2011, 12:45 AM   #12
orange-prince
QATAR 2022

Drives: black cts-V coupe a6
the same problem happened to me and it was from the exhaust
orange-prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:03 AM   #13
My 5th

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
Heim-joint end links will pop if not installed correctly. You may have them upside down or "backwards", and it's the end links making the noise--not the springs.