Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-14-2013, 06:43 PM   #71
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Sorry I'm too lazy to to dig up the articles for your benefit. You win, mustang is wayyyy better. But only because I don't feel like looking up the articles.

My recollection was even the magazines were surprised how good the 1LE is.
c'mon.........really........if the mustang were better I'd own one. Point is, that sometimes you have to consider your opponent's capabilites......even though you hate their guts (especially for having such capabilities).

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:09 PM   #72
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverds View Post
...and this is credible because...???
Ummmm cause the service manager said soo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan513 View Post
they could be 100k and ppl will buy them, chevy knows that, this car is not for ppl with a light wallet
How about a heavy credit card
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:18 AM   #73
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan513 View Post
they could be 100k and ppl will buy them, chevy knows that, this car is not for ppl with a light wallet
Rick Hendrick, Barrett Jackson to name a few would scoop it up. They'd be one of the few if it were $100,000. Lol
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:18 AM   #74
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
You haven't read much on the Z/28 have you?

- power seats
- A/C is an option, your heat comes from the engine so you'll always have that.
- radio, you have it. Just only one speaker.

They said radio is optional but not included. One speaker is for the door/seat belt chime. Car will not have a radio unless you pay extra for it.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:28 AM   #75
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
They said radio is optional but not included. One speaker is for the door/seat belt chime. Car will not have a radio unless you pay extra for it.
Ok so then that's my mistake. Radio is the same deal as A/C then. Not standard, but you can have it.

And when you think about what the Z/28 is designed for - it makes sense that A/C isn't standard. For one, the whole A/C system weighs a ton and two (and more importantly IMO) most/all tracks provide you from running the A/C while you're driving because of the condensation it produces.

Condensation means water droplets, water droplets mean the track could potentially have wet spots, wet spots on a track mean you're going to have a bad time.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:57 AM   #76
Zedave

Drives: 2007 Z06, 2009 SRT Challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Reality Check!!!...This is the first new model I've ever heard the manufacturer try to "discourage" buyers....(and justifiably so) "If you're not a hard-core racer, or don't intend to track it 'a lot' this is NOT your car"...."It's street legal, but not meant for the street..."

...If you can afford 2K for tires every 3-4K miles, then you shouldn't even care what the price will be...

I'm sticking with my 100K prediction...If you have to ask what this one costs, you can't afford it...
I'm getting one for the stable no matter the cost
Currently in Stable, 1981 Z28, 2003 Corvette 50th Anniv. Edition, 2007 Ron Fellows Z06 #330, 2009 SRT Challenger
Zedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:15 AM   #77
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxkx250 View Post
My opinion is that the Z/28 will be limited production because of the CAFE numbers and I had heard that there was some sort of penalty on the Z06.
Pricing will have to be determined based on the projected number sold against the cost to produce and also the research and development costs. If there has been 4 million put into development, that will have to be divided into projected sales for however many years it will be produced. This cost willbe tacked on to every car before any are ever started down the production line.
GM should take the penalty and produce 1 million of these at $50k

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:26 AM   #78
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
correct me if im wrong but when the z28's came out back in the days of the first and 4th gens you get get all the options you wanted. Though correct is saying those with a deep pocket but thats what the corvettes are for, those with deep pockets. The lower income guys want a fun quick car and they usually go for a camaro.
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:28 AM   #79
35th02ss

Drives: 02 SS
Lol you guys crack me up...If the car has no radio then there would be no seat belt, headlight, warning chimes.....It HAS a radio with one speaker.......

BTW do me a favor go buy a new SS built it to the same specs has the Z/28. You can't...

They did a test with a 1LE and a GT with the track pak. The GT lost by 1 sec.

This car is meant to race period end of story. Why can't people understand this. GM built this car knowing that it's not meant for everyone.

The funny part is most of the people that are bitching probably wouldn't like it to begin with. This car is raw no sound deading very rough ride. This is not somthing most people would use has a every day car.

And if you believe that the price is in the 60k range. I have a wonderful bridge to sell you...
35th02ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:30 AM   #80
35th02ss

Drives: 02 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_LoW29 View Post
correct me if im wrong but when the z28's came out back in the days of the first and 4th gens you get get all the options you wanted. Though correct is saying those with a deep pocket but thats what the corvettes are for, those with deep pockets. The lower income guys want a fun quick car and they usually go for a camaro.
The first Z/28 was made for the trans am race. Not really many options
35th02ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:37 AM   #81
RedWingsZL1

Drives: 2013 AGM M6 ZL1, 2008 Tahoe LTZ
and this thread has turned into people wanting to buy a badge, not a car. Same as the others.

Some people just don't get it.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:39 AM   #82
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkdudd View Post
Becky, or anyone who can answer this. Have they announced how many they intend to build? If it is very low volume, it seems all this discussion about MSRP may be moot to the average Joe.
read in a mag stating that GM will sell as many as they can..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:41 AM   #83
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Al Oppenheiser said
"We have also done some things that you should do with a Z/28 track car. We have taken the air conditioning out of it. You have to order that special. It does not come with air conditioning standard and it does not come with an audio system standard.

We’ve got one speaker in the car and the only reason that we have one speaker in the car is because you need a speaker to have the seat belt chime audible to the driver. You can option up, if you desire, the air conditioning and a base radio system. "

To me, that says no radio unless you order it. Maybe I'm crazy or can't read but that is exactly what he said.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:43 AM   #84
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_LoW29 View Post
Not exactly true, sorry. Originally the Z/28 was a "secret" option. In that the only way you could get it was if you unchecked the "air conditioning" box and checked the box that gave you a gearing upgrade. At which point you were automatically given the stripe package (which you could opt out of if you so choose), along with a few performance upgrades (axles, heads, etc.).

Fun fact about the 1969 Z/28 though - 3.07 gearing was an option (but had to be specially requested)