Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

Old 08-11-2015, 06:33 AM   #15
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by goatslapper View Post
More impressed with the guy who drove the vette backwards through the autocross track.
This!! Because I think he beat my best time. I may have cried a little at that point.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 06:43 AM   #16
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
There's a time and a place- but this isn't it. Annoying the venue is a cardinal sin.
Engine sounded great though.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 06:45 AM   #17
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
What that person did was a complete moron, all that car had to do was gain a little traction and it would've been game over for a lot of people and possibly for the fest. The person should've been locked up even longer and his car taken away from him. Before this incident everyone was having a good time enjoying themselves. It was funny to see a small mustang come in and get messed with a bit but it never went any further than that until that one person had to be dumb. Other than that it was a great two nights meeting a lot of people.
Old 08-11-2015, 07:00 AM   #18
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
He not only put lives at risk he could have cost us all our fun and jeopardized the future of the Fest. He did get the party shut down early and we are very lucky it was not shut down immediately. Please leave it on the track people. Never lower yourself to the level of folks trying to push you into doing something stupid. The Mustang guy who acted up before this got exactly what he wanted. He won. Just stupid.
Old 08-11-2015, 08:04 AM   #19
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Muscle View Post
He got reckless driving for a little burnout??!! Thats bull crap...
This video is only a tenth of all that happened. Do something stupid once. Pretty cool. Do something stupid twice. Getting lucky. Do something stupid ten times. Here comes the cops to police us all. But we did have extra security for the rest of the night. luckily, this doesn't seem to be the first time BGPD has seen this, and it won't be the last. They were very understanding.

Let's just go ahead and categorize this under "not gonna happen again at the fest"....
Old 08-11-2015, 08:18 AM   #20
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Holy crap guys relax..wow. Just a burnout. Although he shouldve went to the street to do it and not the host hotel

Stainless Power Headers, High Flow Cats, CAI intake, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Dyno tune from Alternative Performance
Detroit Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 08:49 AM   #21
Sapphire

Drives: 2013 2SS Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Holy crap guys relax..wow. Just a burnout. Although he shouldve went to the street to do it and not the host hotel
guess you weren't there.... he started doing donuts and it got wider and wider... almost hit people. this should have never happened. when the rustangs showed up someone should have called the police right then. we all knew they were up to no good. wish folks could have just chilled out and let the police deal with the mustangs instead.
Old 08-11-2015, 08:49 AM   #22
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Quote:
That video only shows a tenth of what actually happened and he was in the street in front of the host hotel and it wasn't one burnout it was 6 for about 5 minutes before the cops arrived to arrest him. That little clip doesn't show everything.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:01 AM   #23
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
I was there for everything. The mustangs got what they wanted. What a lot of people did not see was they snuck in through the other entrance and parked on the side lot. Once the cop by the front left, they came strolling through and caused problems. They tried to crash our party and endangered us. Acted fools for about 5 minutes then got out of there. This camaro and another did a burnout on the street in retaliation. After that, the dark camaro quit, but this white one continued to go on and on. He was a moron and almost did hit a few people. The cops were called about the mustangs, but they didn't get there in time. They were on both ends of the street watching. The cops said if he had just did the one burnout they would have let him go and left it alone. They are used to these kind of things with hosting LS Fest among other events. When he tried to run they boxed him in and put him in the cop car immediately. They first said they were just going to give him a hefty ticket, but upon searching the car due to probable cause they took him to jail. The cop said there was no bond and he'd have to see a judge Monday morning. He was out the next day though so I wonder if they just made an example out of him. The cops were cool overall though and real nice. They made sure to keep a squad car in the lot and patrol the area that night and next night. The party was cancelled early Friday night due to night Management calling cops. I am told it was because we were disturbing people that were there not for Camaro Fest, but do not know for sure.

The next night around the same time, the same mustangs showed up again trying to sneak in through the other entrance with more mustangs. A fellow club member notified the cop up front by the door and he handled the situation. These guys were hidden among us in the parking lot and trying to cause problems. They bragged about it on Instagram.

Overall, I enjoyed fest and thank all those who were involved in making it happen. I did not let this ignorant incident spoil my fun. This is a great example of what not to do at Camaro Fest. It could have stopped at running them off and us being mature in the beginning.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 09:15 AM   #24
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

The rustang that's what you call it was talking to someone about something, no harassing there then a person came over to ask the guy if he needed help over the speed bump since that's where he stopped at when talking and this person actually almost got behind him to push the car over the bump. Ya the mustang person didn't like that and after that they took off. That area were laughing pretty hard with the comment. There were a couple of challengers that came in also but as far as I know they didn't cause anything just parked and walked around. One question though what was that lonely mustang doing at the track Saturday just cruising around the strip?
Old 08-11-2015, 09:20 AM   #25
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: '11 2SS L99 SGM, '18 2SS, M6, HWSE
Quote:
As already stated, it was much more than just a burnout. If the cops had not showed up when they did it might have ended much worse. This is an example of how one idiot can ruin it for the whole bunch.
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 09:32 AM   #26
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgndryhr View Post
I was there for everything. The mustangs got what they wanted. What a lot of people did not see was they snuck in through the other entrance and parked on the side lot. Once the cop by the front left, they came strolling through and caused problems. They tried to crash our party and endangered us. Acted fools for about 5 minutes then got out of there. This camaro and another did a burnout on the street in retaliation. After that, the dark camaro quit, but this white one continued to go on and on. He was a moron and almost did hit a few people. The cops were called about the mustangs, but they didn't get there in time. They were on both ends of the street watching. The cops said if he had just did the one burnout they would have let him go and left it alone. They are used to these kind of things with hosting LS Fest among other events. When he tried to run they boxed him in and put him in the cop car immediately. They first said they were just going to give him a hefty ticket, but upon searching the car due to probable cause they took him to jail. The cop said there was no bond and he'd have to see a judge Monday morning. He was out the next day though so I wonder if they just made an example out of him. The cops were cool overall though and real nice. They made sure to keep a squad car in the lot and patrol the area that night and next night. The party was cancelled early Friday night due to night Management calling cops. I am told it was because we were disturbing people that were there not for Camaro Fest, but do not know for sure.

The next night around the same time, the same mustangs showed up again trying to sneak in through the other entrance with more mustangs. A fellow club member notified the cop up front by the door and he handled the situation. These guys were hidden among us in the parking lot and trying to cause problems. They bragged about it on Instagram.

Overall, I enjoyed fest and thank all those who were involved in making it happen. I did not let this ignorant incident spoil my fun. This is a great example of what not to do at Camaro Fest. It could have stopped at running them off and us being mature in the beginning.

Agreed this is a very short video of what unfolded. I heard cops state as well "if a burn out only no big deal. However, when he started doing donuts and drifting towards the crowd a different story". As posters state he made several passes with extreme burn outs each go around.

Thank goodness cops stayed out and about. Honestly concerned mustangs guys would have come back and vandalized cars. There were several newspaper reports Camaro's around town found on blocks the next morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 09:38 AM   #27
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
I can't help you if you won't even read the first sentence of my post.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:38 AM   #28
$inferno
Trust No One

Drives: 94 Camaro Z28 & 2010 Camaro 1LT IOM
That sucks that there has always got to be that one person that has got show off, that screws it up for everybody. To many people that have no respect for others lives! The rustangs should have never shown their rears by going to Camaro event and showing off. If alcohol was a part, maybe have an alcohol free event. I know there are alot of people that will flame about that comment but its the truth. I for one don't like to be around people drinking. Alcohol is the main reason we don't go to any events like this one. Been there, Done That, Never Going Back.

2010 Camaro 1LT V6/A6
94 Camaro Z28 A4

Last edited by $inferno; 08-11-2015 at 10:59 AM.
$inferno is offline   Reply With Quote