Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-31-2011, 09:38 PM   #869
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
[QUOTE=Dangeruss;3548251]Here's the video guys.

QUOTE]Very Cool Russ,

I hope I dont have to end up with one, but it's a relief to know I have options if I need them in light of recent events...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:44 PM   #870
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
That looks like fun to drive. I think I might have to put that on my "To Do" list. I'd love to go for a ride in it sometime to see how it feels.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:33 PM   #871
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
That looks like fun to drive. I think I might have to put that on my "To Do" list. I'd love to go for a ride in it sometime to see how it feels.
Emma...bring that beast of yours down to the Camaro Nationals in October and I'll take you for a spin.
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:11 AM   #872
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I want one. I want one. I want one.
lol....I was just saying the same thing...lol
[QUOTE=SSE 4 2SS;3548309]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Here's the video guys.

QUOTE]Very Cool Russ,

I hope I dont have to end up with one, but it's a relief to know I have options if I need them in light of recent events...
Truth. Problem resolved.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:38 AM   #873
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
That's an awesome tranny Russ. Looks like fun.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:14 AM   #874
andredmg
Big Nasty

Drives: Chevys lots of em
Looks like too much fun now I want one of those too, between you the speedster and Brandi my car will never be done seeng all the cool upgrades you guys keep adding to your whips.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:48 AM   #875
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
No doubt that shift is instant! What does the converter lock do? Can you still shift when it's locked? I don't understand the "lock"
Old 08-01-2011, 08:56 AM   #876
Darth_Emma

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
No doubt that shift is instant! What does the converter lock do? Can you still shift when it's locked? I don't understand the "lock"
The locking mechanism rigidly binds the engine to the transmission when their speeds are nearly equal, to avoid slippage and a resulting loss of efficiency.

How'd I do?
Old 08-01-2011, 08:59 AM   #877
garcmol

Quote:
The locking mechanism rigidly binds the engine to the transmission when their speeds are nearly equal, to avoid slippage and a resulting loss of efficiency.

How'd I do?
Okay. But can you still shift while it's locked? I'm guessing if you forgot to "unlock" it and tried to stop it would be similar to forgetting to depress the clutch pedal. Bog down, start bucking and die.?.?.?
Old 08-01-2011, 09:02 AM   #878
Darth_Emma

Quote:
Okay. But can you still shift while it's locked? I'm guessing if you forgot to "unlock" it and tried to stop it would be similar to forgetting to depress the clutch pedal. Bog down, start bucking and die.?.?.?
I am not sure how Russ' new tranny works. Great question.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:38 AM   #879
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Quote:

How'd I do?
Give that girl a prize! It also helps with gas mileage and keeping the transmission from getting too hot.

Quote:
You can still downshift with it locked, but if you start going too slow it will let you know. I forgot to turn the switch off a couple of times. It let me know, but way before the car was slow enough to die.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:43 AM   #880
garcmol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Give that girl a prize! It also helps with gas mileage and keeping the transmission from getting too hot.

You can still downshift with it locked, but if you start going too slow it will let you know. I forgot to turn the switch off a couple of times. It let me know, but way before the car was slow enough to die.
That answers it. Thanks, and it looks like it would be fun at the dragstrip. No missed shifts! Do you hold the lock button when you race or just bump through the gears?
Old 08-01-2011, 10:48 AM   #881
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Quote:
That answers it. Thanks, and it looks like it would be fun at the dragstrip. No missed shifts! Do you hold the lock button when you race or just bump through the gears?
At the track I'll just bump through the gears. ARD is setting up my nitrous controller to lock the converter automatically. More consistent and much easier for an ameteur like me to use.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:06 PM   #882
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

It has begun. Owen is ordering my forged parts for the LSX 427 build, and is ready to get started on the block. I'll be taking a bunch of pics throughout the process, and can't wait to see what this baby will do when she's done.

I have to say I've been really happy with the way the stock engine has held up. I've got 42K miles on my car now...about 16K since the Whipple went on. I drive the car every day with 600 to the wheels, and 700 at the track on nitrous. It was driven to/from and raced at both C5Fests, and has been through several 1/4 mile runs (including one in the 10s!). GM built a great product here, and having a great builder allowed me to push it to the edge.

In a matter of weeks it'll come out to make room for the big boy. I wonder...would the LS3 will fit in my wife's Traverse?