Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-11-2012, 09:16 PM   #1
the_fast_one

Drives: 2017 red hot zl1
Why a 1LE and not a Z06

This is still my dilemma so I am wondering why you chose the 1LE.
for the 40-43k you can get an older (2006-08) Z06 with under 25k.
Why did "you" choose the 1LE. A Z is a better track car, more hp, but does not have the room. Just wondering because everyday I seem to go from one side of the fence to the other.
the_fast_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:21 PM   #2
snickerdoodle

Drives: 2013 1LE AGM 2SS RS M6
There are a couple of reasons why I didn't (I almost went with a Z06) to get one in great condition it was quite a bit more than a new 1LE where are with the Camaro I could get it new. For the power I want, It is easier for me with the LS3. maintenance is more expensive. Insurance is a lot more. Also, the Vette is slightey less practical because it is my DD.
snickerdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:22 PM   #3
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
For me, I think the Camaro is the better DD as well as having it to perform on the track on an occasional basis. And having something newer is cool too.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:23 PM   #4
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
New vs. preowned is all can imagin. Z06 is a sweet ride!

Last edited by midnighter; 11-11-2012 at 09:31 PM. Reason: type-0
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #5
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Personal preference and a matter of how it will be used. I don't even consider it to be a choice between one or the other. Two different markets.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:37 PM   #6
Nick S

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
It might come down to appearance too. The Camaro just has that look and stance. Not that a Z06 doesn't look cool and mean...but to me Corvettes are styled more for business (Aerodynamics, etc...) and less for menacing looks. When you put the two cars next to each other and judge them on looks alone and don't consider any weight or performance aspects, I think a lot of people would choose the camaro's styling over a Vette.
But I have contemplated the same question in my head. I've done some searching for used ZO6's and have found a few nice ones for around 45K. Pretty hard to not see the ZO6 as a better buy for performance at that price when it's much lighter and has the LS7.
Nick S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:43 PM   #7
MarkSS

Drives: 2014 Z/28
Two reasons mainly:

1. I have two kids and that limits the usefulness of any Corvette.

2. The price, for me 1SS, GM Card, Private offer... was more like $10,000 difference, if you can really find a good one for 43K, most in my area are more like 47.
MarkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:43 PM   #8
Blue17CamaroZL1
650HP soon to come

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1
I've posted up this picture for about 17 different threads already for different reasons but here is another one

Me personally, I don't have kids, not married but I'm living with the gf. She doesn't want kids. I don't want kids. We both have our own daily drivers, but then we also have our fun cars:

2010 Camaro SS and 2013 Corvette 427 aka convertible special edition Z06.

For my situation, I would always choose the Z06 over the 1LE. My preference is experience with both the Camaro and the Vette. Granted the 1LE is an improvement over the 2SS, the Vette just has that more "me" factor.

Now if my scenario was changed, and I had kids or possible not having the Vette as a play car and needed the choice as a daily, then yes, the 1LE would be the choice.

But when you put them side by side, it screams madness and pure evil

Blue17CamaroZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:22 PM   #9
the_fast_one

Drives: 2017 red hot zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
Personal preference and a matter of how it will be used. I don't even consider it to be a choice between one or the other. Two different markets.
Not really two different markets as both are track cars and about super close on track times. I get the personal preference as on has back seats and the other not so much. I was just wondering the reasons as both are on the plate for me. I have no reason for back seats but loved my cts-v because of the extra room but never found a reason to be mad at my vette for lacking the seats.
the_fast_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #10
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fast_one View Post
This is still my dilemma so I am wondering why you chose the 1LE.
for the 40-43k you can get an older (2006-08) Z06 with under 25k.
Why did "you" choose the 1LE. A Z is a better track car, more hp, but does not have the room. Just wondering because everyday I seem to go from one side of the fence to the other.
I see your point. As for me, i own a 2005 Lemans blue Z51 e-force (554 hp) convertible. I ordered the 1LE,to have the option of tracking, as not allowed to do so in the vette with no roll bar. Also, i actually like both Camaro and Corvette equally, and will have 2 awesome cars in my garage! I say if you can afford to, keep the Z, and buy a cool Camaro!
scubadoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:35 PM   #11
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
[QUOTE=Blue10CamaroSS;5798749]I've posted up this picture for about 17 different threads already for different reasons but here is another one

Me personally, I don't have kids, not married but I'm living with the gf. She doesn't want kids. I don't want kids. We both have our own daily drivers, but then we also have our fun cars:

For my situation, I would always choose the Z06 over the 1LE. My preference is experience with both the Camaro and the Vette. Granted the 1LE is an improvement over the 2SS, the Vette just has that more "me" factor.

Now if my scenario was changed, and I had kids or possible not having the Vette as a play car and needed the choice as a daily, then yes, the 1LE would be the choice.

[That's what i'm talking about! Vetts and camaros look good together!
scubadoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:40 PM   #12
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
1LE practicality = 1LE win
1LE styling IMO = 1LE win
1LE stomps 302's all day for several thousands less and not having to resort to a ZO6 to beat them = 1LE win
Corvette SCREAMS mid life crisis = 1LE win

ZO6 is a bad@ss car but just rather build my 1LE for cheaper and chuck deuces at them in my rear view :P
Old 11-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #13
ZWA SS
BowtieBelle's SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue10CamaroSS View Post
I've posted up this picture for about 17 different threads already for different reasons but here is another one

You sir are a winner! awesome cars!!
I would choose the 1LE. But my only reason is I've never thought of myself as a Corvette guy. The Camaro just seems more practical.
But there seems to be no wrong answer as they are both phenomenal machines..
ZWA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:49 PM   #14
Dr. Evil

Drives: 2013 SS
I have 7 year old son who I want to introduce to all things car related. The wife also enjoys cruise type events, shows and occasional track events. I've had a vette for the last 10+ years, two to be exact and they both saw a quite of bit of track time. The camaro is a bit slower being just a 2ss and not a 1LE but its still alot of fun. I was close to pulling the trigger on a 1ss 1le but opted for a 2 ss non 1le for now. Gonna wait till other owners have a year or two with the 1le in the real world and see how it performs.
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote