Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 03-25-2014, 08:25 PM   #29
NinoSS

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM LS3
OP, put in the claim and pay the difference in your rate for a while. You will likely not feel the difference each month.

I have a few funny stories of restraint, one of which I will share. My son (now 8yrs old) was about 4 1/2 and outside with me while I was washing my 135i. I didn't see him (or the hose) for a good minute. I walk to the back and he tells me that he is watering the holes... He filled the exhaust up with water...

In the end the car was fine, I just had to back it down the driveway to let the water drain... It was sort of comical hearing the first 3-4 throttle blips shoot water out the tail pipes...
Old 03-25-2014, 09:44 PM   #30
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GYac View Post
I've never had a car detailed, I prefer to do it myself, its part of owning a nice car that you care about, taking care of it. I guess I'm ignorant to what a proper detail should cost lol.
$60/hour give or take and typically between 5 and 80 hours depending on the level of attention needed.

Here's an example of a proper detail job: http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-P...nd-craig-reed/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:30 PM   #31
13lstuner

Drives: 2013 2LS BLK
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
You by far are a better human than I. I applaud your restraint with your little one for sure. You and he will have a good laugh about it some day. My dad is X military and he wasn't nearly as understanding as you seem to be.
I completely agree here... My dad is still a literal drill Sergeant and I wouldn't have say down for a month... So bravo to you sir! It shows how great of a father you are! I hope everything works out for the best for you sir!

And by the way thank you for your service!
Old 03-26-2014, 03:47 AM   #32
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
get it painted then get better insurance. I have allstate. there upper level with 3 year new car replacement. The only way a claim would increase my policy would be if I was drunk. Even Geico didnt increase my policy after a $3300 deer hit.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:26 AM   #33
GenF-GTS
Account Suspended

Drives: none
Delete the thread call the insurance company and say someone keyed the car at the shops, also since kids are suing parents these days sue your kid take him for all his toys that he owns.

Sorry to hear bout it, i would get it fixed under the keyed car scenario
GenF-GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:46 AM   #34
GYac

Drives: 2010 2SS
its too late to change my story, plus I'm not going to lie about it, it is what it is. However those ideas had crossed my mind. thanks for the replies going to just get it repainted. At least I will have fresh paint lol.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:51 AM   #35
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.N. View Post
Delete the thread call the insurance company and say someone keyed the car at the shops, also since kids are suing parents these days sue your kid take him for all his toys that he owns.

Advocating insurance fraud. Wow. The people of this forum/people in general never cease to amaze me.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2014, 08:14 AM   #36
SeaWolfLestat

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
My man was just trying to help out is dad. He sorta looks like me 40 years ago. good for him for stepping up to the plate. But I am sorry to see the car got jacked up.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:20 PM   #37
Z/28Dan

Drives: 2013 HWSE Indy Festial #26
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.N. View Post

Please go away and never come back here...

Dan
Z/28Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:13 PM   #38
tmcclint

Drives: 2014 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
OP, we need more fathers like you, I may not have been as forgiving but you are 100% right that he just wanted to help and didn't understand what he was doing (my dad would have beat me black and blue at that age and he is OCD about his cars). On the repair, I agree, use the insurance, it's what you pay for. Good Luck!
Old 03-29-2014, 10:18 PM   #39
Highland Ranger

Drives: 2014 CRT Convertible ZL1
The 4k well worth the price for a story you can tell forever. Enjoy your son, they grow up too soon.

But maybe get him a brush.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Highland Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:33 PM   #40
jmelchio
SSmokinJoe

Drives: 2010 SIM 1SS/RS M6
That's a tough one, but congrats for handling it so well.
SLP Loudmouth II Axleback
Hurst Shifter
R1Concepts Slotted Rotors
Hawk Ceramic Brakepads

I drive way too fast to worry about my cholesterol.
jmelchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:50 PM   #41
Mike-D
HTFU

Drives: 2SS/RS
I'd give him duty on Christmas! Semper Fi!
Old 04-02-2014, 10:34 PM   #42
black.

Drives: IBM 2SS
Find a shop that will cover your deductable or will help with it. They will do it just to get your business.
black. is offline   Reply With Quote