Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-01-2014, 05:29 PM   #1
juandavr

Drives: BMW M235i
Angry So, you guys think your dealer is bad? please, check this out

So, to the point... (long story but please, stay with me)

Last year an idiot crashed me and my from bumper and a bunch of stuff had to be replaced; Lately my front lamps started fogging so i take it to the dealer so they could fix it.

The technician (a really kind man) told me that if I want we could check the maintenance history and check if the lamps have been replaced (they were not) but something caught my attention in that history, and it was months before i even bought the car (Bought it in Nov 2012) I started seeing that cushions, arm holder, a seatbelt were replaced and i scrolled down...

what i found shocked me: front bumper, left and right front suspension, both wheels (including tires) airbags, engine mount, radiator including his fan, ALL AIRBAGS and it goes on.

And I asked the technician if he could search for the price of that repair...22000usd (keep in mind that when i bought the car, its price was 42500usd...expensive as hell but I live in Colombia)

the problem is that WHEN THEY SOLD ME THE CAR, THEY (EVEN THE INSURANCE COMPANY) TOLD ME THAT IT HAD NEVER CRASH, and i believe them oh boy I was wrong

I spoke with the manager and she will call me later, anyways i'm currently searching for a lawyer, I will return the car and will sue. my baby has a really high sentimental value for me but it does not have any commercial value now.

will keep you updated
juandavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:56 PM   #2
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Wow yes please update this story - crazy
Old 09-01-2014, 06:00 PM   #3
Johny_RS
Proud of my 2010 RS

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro RS
Wow that's sick.

T.S. Elliot
Johny_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 06:08 PM   #4
Quick

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th
Your car may indeed never been damaged. Some dealers will pull the cars warranty card and file false claims against the car. I've seen it happen and if the car is sold and the owner comes back with a problem and it has a prior claim they will just claim in on another car. Shady? yes. against the law? yes. does it happen? yes. My guess is heads will roll for showing you the paper work.

Something wicked this way cometh...
Quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 06:12 PM   #5
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
wow that's crazy..
ssrs2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 06:17 PM   #6
juandavr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick View Post
Your car may indeed never been damaged. Some dealers will pull the cars warranty card and file false claims against the car. I've seen it happen and if the car is sold and the owner comes back with a problem and it has a prior claim they will just claim in on another car. Shady? yes. against the law? yes. does it happen? yes. My guess is heads will roll for showing you the paper work.

Well thay might be true BUT the information in the dealer is the same s the info I got from the insurance AND the manager admitted that the car was indeed damaged.

the technician never got involved on it so his name does not appear anywere, and you can ask for your car maintance history directly to their boss, as I did and i have it now
Old 09-01-2014, 07:30 PM   #7
RedHotRuby

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS LFX
I could see this turning out very well for you in the future. If manager calls tell them you will be contacting the Attorney General in your area, Better Business Bureau, as well as your lawyer. See if they offer something before lawyer'n up. You might have them in a pinch, a bad one. Maybe an upgrade in your future . . .

Oh you aren't in the states. Yeouch. I'm not sure you have any other recourse but a lawyer.
RedHotRuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:46 PM   #8
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
..unreal..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:23 PM   #9
juandavr

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotRuby View Post
I could see this turning out very well for you in the future. If manager calls tell them you will be contacting the Attorney General in your area, Better Business Bureau, as well as your lawyer. See if they offer something before lawyer'n up. You might have them in a pinch, a bad one. Maybe an upgrade in your future . . .

Oh you aren't in the states. Yeouch. I'm not sure you have any other recourse but a lawyer.
Thats the way i'm going to follow, negotiate if not...sh*t is going to hit the fan
Old 09-01-2014, 11:08 PM   #10
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Yeah that sucks. Have you ran a carfax on your car to see if all of that shows up in the vehicle history? Its worth a look, but if it does you have more of a case to sue and get some kind of settlement, as nobody will want to pay you remotely close to what you really should get for the car, even if the carfax is false.

Best of luck.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:12 PM   #11
juandavr

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Yeah that sucks. Have you ran a carfax on your car to see if all of that shows up in the vehicle history? Its worth a look, but if it does you have more of a case to sue and get some kind of settlement, as nobody will want to pay you remotely close to what you really should get for the car, even if the carfax is false.

Best of luck.
thats one of the greatest tool ever created for the car buyer...and its not available here

:S
Old 09-02-2014, 12:49 AM   #12
xRedsox
Night Fury

Drives: 2016 Golf R
Oh my gosh, you have every right to sue. They duped you man.

Last edited by xRedsox; 09-02-2014 at 02:16 AM.
xRedsox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 02:07 AM   #13
2Carats

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
That sucks. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:57 AM   #14
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
If it happened before the car was sold, it probably wouldn't show up on a carfax anyway, they'd have their own bodyshop do the work and probably not report it. Carfax is only as useful as the optional reports available.