Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 11-23-2009, 01:49 PM   #71
CJ Man
Missing my SS :(

Drives: 2012 Ford Explorer [ :( ]
You know when people told me the this car really attracts pu$$y i never imagined this is what they were talking about.
CJ Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:49 PM   #72
nova

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, VR, PW, WR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Vlad View Post
One of the bigger advantages of having 'free range' dogs in the neighborhood is they tend to keep the coyotes away. Especially if several of the dogs are hefty, like the rottie I used to have.
There was one year when I was like 12 or 13, where coyotes actually got a couple dogs around our area too. And not toy dogs but a couple labs. I don't know if it had been a bad year and they were starving or what. Never saw anything like it, before or since.

Mods:
skip shift eliminator (hey everybody's gotta start somewhere )
crappily painted engine cover...
nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:50 PM   #73
Partick

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I tried to tell my cat it was an indoor cat, just wouldn't listen...lmao It's a CAT, comes and goes pretty much as it pleases along with the other 50 cats in our neighborhood. Aside from crapping in your petunias they are pretty frickin harmless. Dammed thing was getting on my car when it snuck in the garage at night. Few squirts with the water bottle and loud hissess it doesn't want anything to do with the car anymore.
Partick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:55 PM   #74
CJ Man

Okay being serious now. There is a domestic cat repellent called "Shake Away". You can check it out online at shake-away.com.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:03 PM   #75
Sick Rick
Baphomet's Wheelman

Drives: Everyone crazy.....
okay okay, I stand corrected. That calf is cute, in its Disney sorta way.

But I'd still grill it and eat it, if in an episode of LOST.
Sick Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:03 PM   #76
Scarlett'sOtherRide

Drives: RJT Like the 67 and 69 before her.
non of the scratches on my current vehicle are from the cats. mine, or the multiple ones in the neighborhood. And they are on the truck ALL the time.
I dont have a garage. Nor do I plan on building one for the camaro. I also have no plans on telling my neighbors that they have to keep their cats inside when my car arrives. And I dont plan on keeping mine in either.

I do plan on buying a high quality car cover for the Camaro and using it when the car is parked in the driveway at night. I have more a problem with the racoons sitting on the thing. THEY have left scratches. Cats? only paw prints.
I do not suggest pissing off your neighbors over this. Myself? I would be paying right back triple time.
Scarlett'sOtherRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:10 PM   #77
Captain Vlad

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova View Post
There was one year when I was like 12 or 13, where coyotes actually got a couple dogs around our area too. And not toy dogs but a couple labs. I don't know if it had been a bad year and they were starving or what. Never saw anything like it, before or since.
I've heard of it, rarely. It probably was a bad food year for the coyotes, and the dogs in the area may not have 'packed up' the way a lot of neighborhood animals tend to; personality conflicts and such. Coyotes also form larger than usual groups sometimes, and that could also be a factor.

Usually if one dog is in trouble, the others will come running. But there are exceptions, sadly.

An even better coyote deterrent is to live in an area with lots of bears and mountain lions!
Captain Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:13 PM   #78
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I've had this problem in the past too. Once I stopped parking on the street, and in the driveway, it happened alot less. Not sure why they feel the need to crawl all over the car... I would suggest a car cover for the time being, but it's your daily right? Could become a pain, and they'll probably destroy your cover...

I got it!

Actually- if you have any teenage boys in your family, get em a cheap paintball gun, instruct them NOT to shoot at the cat if it's near the car, and just have them lie in wait and pelt the crap out of any cats coming into your driveway... Sounds brutal, but it only stings, and realistically he won't get more than 1 hit on them anyway. That would probably keep them away. Do this for a couple nights, leave a couple of the broken balls lying around for the scent (they biodegrade anyway) and you'll probably be scratch free

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:13 PM   #79
5thGenCamaroChick
Hey y'all :)

Drives: Rosalee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett'sOtherRide View Post
I do not suggest pissing off your neighbors over this. Myself? I would be paying right back triple time.
Paying what back? I'm trying to go about this in a civil manner. Are you saying I should scratch up their hood?
Old 11-23-2009, 02:16 PM   #80
CJ Man

I would just call animal control.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:21 PM   #81
texan

Drives: people crazy
PURE EVIL THEY ARE! They are well organized. I would not condone murder. I hear they have special operatives that are dispatched if a brother is harmed. OMG they also have like whole divisions of radicals that are ownerless so that makes them expendable for missions like payback.

Seriously though, the cover seems like a pain in the butt for me to protect against a cat. I'm lucky to have a garage but am curious to the results of these suggestions. Cat poop in the flower beds only makes my nosey lab get his paws dirty, ugh..
texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:26 PM   #82
CJ Man

That is pretty scary picture. I guess there is a reason Cats are the guardians of the underworld.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:43 PM   #83
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Look into closing in the carport. That's probably the best way to fix it. Plus I would imagine it would increase the value of your house.

If that is to expensive of a solution I would look into getting a no kill squirel trap. You can catch a cat with those. I've caught cats and rabbits with mine. They don't hurt the animal at all. Once you've caught the perpitrator you can talk to the owner more about the issue. If after the second or third catch nothing changes then I would consider relocating the cat into another neighborhood a couple miles away. Someone will surely take in a stray cat.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:47 PM   #84
Mayhem Matt

Drives: 10' 2SS/RS M6 SUPERCHRGED BUMBLEBEE
I found the cat that's been caught on my Camaro and this is what happened.....

He just got a warning and I haven't seen him since!
Attached Images

Ordered Bumblebee 10/15/2008Part of the Family 6/11/2009 #11423

My Bumblebee to Superbee build story...http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105163
Superbee's 536hp Dyno Run...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE7wePluPAc
Mayhem Matt is offline   Reply With Quote