Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 09-20-2014, 03:26 PM   #1
nickswe
A Swede lost in Texas

Drives: Camaro ZL1 2014 Black M6
Firestone shop messed up my rims!

So I went to this Firestone shop to have new tires put on my 2014 ZL1. I have the black ZL1 rims.

I promptly asked them if they were able to do the job and to take very good care of the car not to scratch it etc. They said "It will look as new when we are ready with it for you sir".

So I came back and picked it up, and all 4 rims are scratched!!! Now they promised me to get the rims repainted, and that they have a contact that helps them with this type of work.

I am not sure I trust them doing it thoguh. God damnit I am so pissed right now!!

I'd rather find a good paint shop myself and bill them the job.

This was the Firestone shop in Sachse just next to Garland.

Currently driving a 2014 Camaro ZL1 Coupe.
nickswe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 05:53 PM   #2
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Firestone shop in Flower Mound took mine for a joy ride once, we'll about 5 or 6 of the employees did. While it was under their care, my front bumper was damaged. I called their corporate number and got a check to have everything fixed and a refund for the services they performed. Look up the number online and give them a call. Don't let them touch your car again.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 06:02 PM   #3
nickswe
A Swede lost in Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhagen View Post
Firestone shop in Flower Mound took mine for a joy ride once, we'll about 5 or 6 of the employees did. While it was under their care, my front bumper was damaged. I called their corporate number and got a check to have everything fixed and a refund for the services they performed. Look up the number online and give them a call. Don't let them touch your car again.
That's ****ing fail man! Idiots!

Yeah I don't have a good feeling going back to them. I want my original rim paint as I know it is good quality work and will last when I take it over to Sweden. I dont want them to leave the rims to some local paintshop to repaint the rims with the tires still on and just mask them as they said they would.

You think I can claim a set of new original rims by calling that number?

Did you have to make a big mess before you had them pay out your money or was it solved over one phone call only?

Old 09-20-2014, 06:22 PM   #4
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Firestone shop messed up my rims!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickswe View Post

Yeah I don't have a good feeling going back to them. I want my original rim paint as I know it is good quality work and will last when I take it over to Sweden. I dont want them to leave the rims to some local paintshop to repaint the rims with the tires still on and just mask them as they said they would.

Did you have to make a big mess before you had them pay out your money or was it solved over one phone call only?

Sounds like my exact situation with Goodyear in Plano. The paint job was decent except the fact they did a metallic black instead of the factory satin black so my wheels now have a grey tint to them from all the flakes in the paint.

Also, the quality of work from GY both times for the tires and then the repair have been horrific. I have a large fist size dent above my wheel well from where they put pressure to remove/mount the wheels and scratches on my hood where the tech was leaning and using my hood as a clip board to fill out his forms.

I called GY CS and they were helpful and want me to give them a chance to make it right. I tried to put a claim for new wheels and they refused. The claim people were not helpful whatsoever.

Discount last year f*cked up my wheels too on my SS. The only place I'll trust is Classic Chevrolet. They have taken my wheels off and mounted tires on my car with no issues ever.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=374392
Old 09-21-2014, 01:50 AM   #5
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
Our Kal Tire put the 20 inch rears on the front and the front on the rears. Guess they did not get the memo.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:12 AM   #6
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR72GTO View Post
Our Kal Tire put the 20 inch rears on the front and the front on the rears. Guess they did not get the memo.

Yeah that pissed me off more when they did that to me. They put my 285 tire on the 11" rear and mounted it up front
Old 09-21-2014, 12:43 PM   #7
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickswe View Post

I got a quote from the shop of my choice, sent it the corporate rep and got a check in the mail, no problems.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 03:04 PM   #8
blk 2013

Drives: 2017 SS 6sp
I use discount tire at Park and N.D.T for years and they never damaged a wheel. they handle a lot of high end cars there and the manager has been there a long time .
blk 2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:00 AM   #9
fiveoh

Drives: 2009 G8
I had the firestone in Katy scratch up my almost brand new(had a flat at 3k miles) wheel on my g8. They offered the same thing, to have it repainted by a shop they use. AFTER trying to insist they didnt do it. I would have been without t he car(my dd) for a week. I declined and just had one scratched wheel. Firestone will never get any of my business.
fiveoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:18 AM   #10
nickswe
A Swede lost in Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk 2013 View Post
I use discount tire at Park and N.D.T for years and they never damaged a wheel. they handle a lot of high end cars there and the manager has been there a long time .

Wish I would have knew that earlier.

I will try to see how Firestone can help me. I do not want their local contact to spray my original rims. It's not a Ford good god...