Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-09-2016, 02:45 PM   #1
William.23

Drives: 2011 Summit White.
Talking V6 Borla OR Corsa, Let's see your STUFF!

Hey Guys, so I thought I was set on Borla, due to the weight savings - Shipping Weight says 63 V6 (S-Type Catback) and for the SS it shows 51-55 pounds (Catback / Touring 51lbs - S-Type 53lbs - ATAK 55lbs) and they declare shedding "as much as 43 pounds from stock".

Then I look at Corsa, and the weight isn't much from the shipping weight of Borla's (V6) it being at 63 lbs and Corsa 67.

So essentially would the Corsa shed "Up to 39 lbs"?

To the point, everyone and anyone who owns either a Corsa or Borla (Touring,Sport or Atak) please chime in! It will be helpful to future users who might run across this selection (: .

Show your videos and share your feedback/thoughts/recommendations.

List of Mods Doing To Car In Conjunction with Exhaust:
1) BBK LT Headers (*Going to get these)

2) Injen Long Tube CAI (Installed)

3) HP Tuners / or IPF Tune (Leaning towards HP Tuners more, but Arizona is only 4 hours from me so maybe IPF / *Going to get this)

4) LLT Converters Solo Performance (Not sure about these, can anyone chime in on these, would they ruin the performance of the BBK Headers *Because I know it comes with Cat's? Here's the Link : http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...lt-res-cat.htm )

5) Harmonic Balancer 25%/Pulley (Thinking about it, heard some say it makes a noticeable difference / ease of not worrying about an LLT Belt issue(slips)?
Here's the link : http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...er-100232a.htm)

What WOULD you recommend? What WOULD you recommend for ME based on my list?
William.23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 03:00 PM   #2
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
With either setup borla or corsa your alright in weight savings over stock if your doing BBK LT's you don't need solo hi-flow cats you won't have the room.

HP tuners or IPF they're both reputable go with your gut on this one.

The Harmonic Balancer at 25% is alright just be aware of your internal audio power consumption.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 03:12 PM   #3
William.23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
With either setup borla or corsa your alright in weight savings over stock if your doing BBK LT's you don't need solo hi-flow cats you won't have the room.

HP tuners or IPF they're both reputable go with your gut on this one.

The Harmonic Balancer at 25% is alright just be aware of your internal audio power consumption.
What the heck is Internal Audio Power Consumption? Or what do you mean by this?
Ok, looks like I'll be cancelling those Solo Flows out.

Thanks for your time and response !
Old 02-09-2016, 08:02 PM   #4
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Your harmonic balancer option is designed to free up electrical pull among other things to give you more get up and go if you have a high end audio system the draw will cause issues and drain your battery and or overwork your alternator.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 02-09-2016, 10:29 PM   #5
William.23

Quote:
Your harmonic balancer option is designed to free up electrical pull among other things to give you more get up and go if you have a high end audio system the draw will cause issues and drain your battery and or overwork your alternator.
Nah I'm still running the stock system (Not Boston or BOSE w.e)

So then I shouldn't be worried right ? I also just bought a brand new AGM battery (4 year warranty on it now )
Old 02-10-2016, 12:16 AM   #6
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by William.23 View Post
Nah I'm still running the stock system (Not Boston or BOSE w.e)

So then I shouldn't be worried right ? I also just bought a brand new AGM battery (4 year warranty on it now )
You should be fine then even with the premium boston/bose system on RS models. It's only when you add things that draw power like subs and amps that you could run into an issue but with an AGM i'm sure your fine i need to get one myself battery was being testy on start up today.

Old 02-12-2016, 02:51 PM   #7
William.23

Quote:
You should be fine then even with the premium boston/bose system on RS models. It's only when you add things that draw power like subs and amps that you could run into an issue but with an AGM i'm sure your fine i need to get one myself battery was being testy on start up today.
Awesome, thanks for your time Evil - you've been very helpful.

Yeah I may be tripping, but when I Installed the new AGM battery I noticed three things :
1) It is MUCH lighter than the stock Battery.

2) My car seems to turn on lightning fast now. ( I have a post that shows, I thought it was an Alternator problem, but was battery -- Had dead cell(s).) ---Here's the Post-- http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=434523

3) The AGM has small handles so you can actually pick it up from there (on top of battery). Instead of trying to pick it up from the bottom.

Well In the end, I'll just give this set up a shot, seems like maybe not too many people went this way. So I'll be the guinea pig :P.
I'll let you know, update in the future when the parts are bought/arrive/installed.

Last edited by William.23; 02-12-2016 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Added Link to Alternator Thread.
Old 02-19-2016, 07:18 PM   #8
William.23

BUMP...

SO I have stumbled across another Exhaust recently... ARK N II .

So I'm stuck in between getting Borla Catback (Touring SS Version for bigger tips)
OR
ARK N II because the decel has some crackling :P and has 4.5" tips.

HOWEVER Borla is winning me over, because of the Weight savings they claim compared to the Stock Exhaust set up.

ARK N II People chime in! Does it improve once I get my car tuned/headers for a more "Muscle car" sound?
What does it weight compared to the stock set up?

Let me know!!! Come one come all!
Old 02-20-2016, 09:01 PM   #9
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Love my Borlas. One of my first mods. Later added ARH long tubes & high flow cacts & still love my Borlas. You will probably be happy with either system. My deciding factor was that Borla makes the GMPP system & they went to GM to study the 5th Gen Camaros before they were released to develop GMPP and their own exhausts for them. They worked pretty hard to get the sound just right for each model. I think they hit it right on the head. Good Luck deciding.

Old 02-21-2016, 01:29 AM   #10
William.23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Love my Borlas. One of my first mods. Later added ARH long tubes & high flow cacts & still love my Borlas. You will probably be happy with either system. My deciding factor was that Borla makes the GMPP system & they went to GM to study the 5th Gen Camaros before they were released to develop GMPP and their own exhausts for them. They worked pretty hard to get the sound just right for each model. I think they hit it right on the head. Good Luck deciding.

A beautiful car, suited for a beautiful woman! Thanks for your Input Ruby. I kindly appreciate it.

If you don't mind answering a couple questions I have, that would be great!

So you didn't do anything to the Mid Pipes - i.e, X Pipe?
Just the Headers -- Which came with their own cats, this right :

http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...s-cav6shwc.htm

And for the Muffler Section of it - You installed the Borla S-Type, this right :

http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...back-11776.htm.

Do you think or know if the SS Touring Catback will sound deep, compared to the V6 Atak version?

Finally, did you ever get a CEL from installing the ARH LT's?
If so, how did you come about clearing it (: ?

Thanks for your time and patience,
-William G.
Old 02-21-2016, 11:37 AM   #11
RubyCamaro
Jan

Quote:
Originally Posted by William.23 View Post
A beautiful car, suited for a beautiful woman! Thanks for your Input Ruby. I kindly appreciate it.

If you don't mind answering a couple questions I have, that would be great!

So you didn't do anything to the Mid Pipes - i.e, X Pipe?
Just the Headers -- Which came with their own cats, this right :

And for the Muffler Section of it - You installed the Borla S-Type, this right :

http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...back-11776.htm.

Do you think or know if the SS Touring Catback will sound deep, compared to the V6 Atak version?

Finally, did you ever get a CEL from installing the ARH LT's?
If so, how did you come about clearing it (: ?

Thanks for your time and patience,
-William G.

I installed the Borlas specifically made for the V6. There is only one type for the V6. They sound good at start-up, WOT & under load. It is quiet at cruise & idle but unfortunately nothing makes our cars sound good when reving sitting still. Nick at American Racing Headers custom made me an H-pipe system (the first one done, the prototype for more to come) to make our V-6 sound great with headers while still maximizing power output. And Yes, It came with high flow cats. I got a dyno tune from HP tunes through DBR High performance here locally so that took care of any codes and yes you will get codes with headers unless you get a tune.

Link to my build pics:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album....ctureid=125001

& build thread:

Also sending you a friend request as I can't remember how I have my settings, so not sure what pics you can see.
Old 02-21-2016, 04:39 PM   #12
William.23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
I installed the Borlas specifically made for the V6. There is only one type for the V6. They sound good at start-up, WOT & under load. It is quiet at cruise & idle but unfortunately nothing makes our cars sound good when reving sitting still. Nick at American Racing Headers custom made me an H-pipe system (the first one done, the prototype for more to come) to make our V-6 sound great with headers while still maximizing power output. And Yes, It came with high flow cats. I got a dyno tune from HP tunes through DBR High performance here locally so that took care of any codes and yes you will get codes with headers unless you get a tune.

Link to my build pics:

& build thread:

Also sending you a friend request as I can't remember how I have my settings, so not sure what pics you can see.

Awesome Ruby! Thanks ! Got your request .
Those ARH look pretty clean and they look somewhat longer than the BBK actually haha.

Is there a significance in H Pipe - X Pipe ? From what I researched it shows practically same results, but I figure with an H Pipe it'll keep more pressure in that middle tube (Any thing special in doing that?)

Also, think you could help clarify what your set up is, i.e Phastek below :

So I would be choosing the first drop down box option : Long System w/ X Pipe / Cats +$350. Except yours has a custom made H Pipe

Thanks again !
Old 02-21-2016, 04:58 PM   #13
RubyCamaro
Jan

Not sure what the difference is between the 2 you posted. I bought mine directly from Nick at American Racing Headers. Some folks say the X-pipe does something to improve flow. Chase from Apex Motorsports (on C5) has a post the can send you that explains it well. But it sounds like crap on our V6's & you end up needing to add resonators or J-pipes to baffle the sound some which to me defeats the purpose. Nick from ARH (owner) said his H-pipe will give you the better sound without any difference in HP. The ARH headers are made of better materials, will never rust & made in the USA. The metal turns rainbow after a while which I think is cool! You can probably contact Nick directly and order from him or he will help you know where to get the same set-up. He is on C5 but you could also just call or email the company. Tell him I sent you if you go that route. The only issue we had with installation was a difference in diameter of the Borla pipes & the H-pipe but my installation guys did not have much trouble dealing with that. Hope that helps some.