Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

View Poll Results: What's the best deal you believe I could get based on the options I want on my 2SS
Credit union discount is the best your going to get 3 60.00%
37K or below should be reasonable 2 40.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-26-2010, 03:13 PM   #1
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS IOM L99
Question about pricing on 2SS

I'm curious.. What's a fair asking price on a 2011 2SS IOM with IO interior, sunroof, Auto tranny, and RS pkg. I believe it MSRP's at $39,225. Any chance at getting it at $36,500 or $37k?! Also.. Would it be easier to ask for that price (if it is reasonable to ask for) if it's on the lot or if it's a order through the factory? My thought is it would be easier to negotiate a price if one is sitting on the lot because you'd think they would want to get rid of it asap, but with my configurations I want on my car... It's EXTREMELY difficult to find a car with those options sitting in a lot. I really hope I can get it for $37 or below. If all else fails I do have a credit union discount, but I want to save as much money as possible!
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 03:37 PM   #2
y2k king

Drives: 2011 ss camaro
i got a little over $1,250 off from usaa insurance discount.
aaa was about $450.

good luck.
y2k king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 03:40 PM   #3
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2k king View Post
i got a little over $1,250 off from usaa insurance discount.
aaa was about $450.

good luck.
USAA should be $750 off unless i'm missing something?
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 03:41 PM   #4
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Unique4U View Post
I'm curious.. What's a fair asking price on a 2011 2SS IOM with IO interior, sunroof, Auto tranny, and RS pkg. I believe it MSRP's at $39,225. Any chance at getting it at $36,500 or $37k?! Also.. Would it be easier to ask for that price (if it is reasonable to ask for) if it's on the lot or if it's a order through the factory? My thought is it would be easier to negotiate a price if one is sitting on the lot because you'd think they would want to get rid of it asap, but with my configurations I want on my car... It's EXTREMELY difficult to find a car with those options sitting in a lot. I really hope I can get it for $37 or below. If all else fails I do have a credit union discount, but I want to save as much money as possible!
IF YOU NEVER ASK YOU WILL NEVER KNOW ,RIGHT , GO AND ASK WILL YOU ???:ha ppyanim:
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 03:44 PM   #5
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Unfortunately Preferred Pricing is the best you'll get. Invoice for your options is about $38k and on a 2011 there is no way you'll get a dealer to agree to $37k (this is a $1k loss for the dealer which won't happen). Remember the Camaro is selling great, no dealer is going to be willing to lose money on a car when they can sell it for higher if they hold on to it for another week or two.

The only way you will get one for that price is if you go out and find a 2010, but you will not get a 2011 for that.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 03:55 PM   #6
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
Unfortunately, I don't see you getting a 2011 with the options you listed for $36 or $37. Any dealer can perform a search to find a dealer location of the car you are looking for. Check with CamaroScotty, Becky, Eric or Lil'Bank robber on this site - all are awesome and will tell you straight up including shipping to your location, honoring discounts, etc. Good Luck.
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 04:35 PM   #7
SSdude

Drives: Super Sport
Ordering is the only way you will get a good deal and get exactly what u want. Cars on the lot will always have a premium attached to it and its not like there's a thousand camaros on the lot which they need to get rid of..
SSdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 04:44 PM   #8
Entaille

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I picked up a white 2011 2ss/rs w/ auto trans, sunroof etc for 37k. The dealer said they were just happy to keep the camaros selling.. does IOM cost more then other colors? if not, I think it's doable.

Entaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:03 PM   #9
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entaille View Post
I picked up a white 2011 2ss/rs w/ auto trans, sunroof etc for 37k. The dealer said they were just happy to keep the camaros selling.. does IOM cost more then other colors? if not, I think it's doable.
Whats the "etc"? Is that the extent of your options?...

MSRP is: $38,430 without any discounts
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:37 PM   #10
danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to danhr
if you want to save as much as possible, pick up a used one... they are going for below 30k.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:53 PM   #11
y2k king

Drives: 2011 ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
USAA should be $750 off unless i'm missing something?
beg to differ, it was $1,250

Dealer #1 Price: $1,250 below Invoice Your Price: $32,770 Each dealer agrees to price their
models relative to Invoice price.
  • You are protected at the dealership when you decide to buy a model with different options. Just ask to see the vehicle's invoice price to calculate the purchase price.
  • If you choose additional options, your price relative to Invoice will not change. Additional options are priced at the Invoice Price - not MSRP, so your selling price may change but not your price relative to Invoice.
  • Your Certified Dealer must offer all available incentives off the Invoice price. Your Price includes destination and all other manufacturer fees plus applicable incentives.
  • Your price does not include dealer documentation (processing), tax, DMV, registration, title, license, other government fees, or dealer installed accessories.
  • Your price relative to invoice applies to cars in stock for this model and trim.
  • Navigation/Limited Availability packages and Diesel/Hybrid engines may be priced differently.

Your Requested Vehicle2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Coupe 1SSExterior:Cyber Gray MetallicInterior:BlackOptions:· AUDIO SYSTEM FEATURE (UQA)
· RS PACKAGE (WRS)
· SILVER STRIPE PACKAGE (C2U)
· TRANSMISSION, 6-SPEED AUTOMATIC (MX0)
MSRP as configured:$34,955Invoice as configured:$34,020Incentives:$750 USAA Exclusive IncentiveExpires on 08/31/10Your Certified Dealers & Pricing InformationLOW PRICE GUARANTEE CERTIFIED DEALER: Stingray ChevroletYOUR DEDICATED CONTACT(S):Mike FettTELEPHONE:(813) 359–5000EMAIL:mfett@stingraychevrolet.comADDRESS:2 002 N. Frontage Road,
Plant City, FL 33563DISTANCE FROM YOU: 39.2 Miles Map ItTHIS DEALER OFFERS:•Express Checkout Available!
•Free Local Delivery

Your price: $32,770 with the options you chose $1,250 below invoice including incentives! Stingray Chevrolet has many new Chevrolet Camaro vehicles in inventory, all priced at $1,250 below invoice including incentives. Your Price Certificate protects you on all these vehicles.HIGHLY RATED CERTIFIED DEALER: Patriot ChevroletYOUR DEDICATED CONTACT(S):Mike Batchelder,
Sam RhinebergerTELEPHONE:(888) 633–7115EMAIL:mbatch@patriotchevyonline.comADDRESS :10741 US Hwy 301,
Dade City, FL 33525DISTANCE FROM YOU: 19.3 Miles Map It
Your price: $33,620 with the options you chose $400 below invoice including incentives! Patriot Chevrolet has many new Chevrolet Camaro vehicles in inventory, all priced at $400 below invoice including incentives. Your Price Certificate protects you on all these vehicles.HIGHLY RATED CERTIFIED DEALER: Autoway Chevrolet ClearwaterYOUR DEDICATED CONTACT(S):Mike Timmons - AutoNation Direct, Crista Wagner - AutoNation Store Concierge,
AutoNation DirectTELEPHONE:877–600–3011EMAIL:timmonsm1@autona tion.comADDRESS:15005 US Hwy. 19 N.,
Clearwater, FL 33610DISTANCE FROM YOU: 34.1 Miles Map ItTHIS DEALER OFFERS:•Express Checkout Available!
•Free Local Delivery

Your price: $34,120 with the options you chose $100 above invoice including incentives! Autoway Chevrolet Clearwater has 7 new Chevrolet Camaro vehicles in inventory, many priced at $100 above invoice including incentives (some styles may be priced differently). Your Price Certificate protects you on all these vehicles.You can also get great member discounts on these products and services: FINANCING: Shop like a cash buyer with a USAA loan check Click to Apply INSURANCE: Save on auto insurance with USAA Get a free quote Incentive eligibility may vary based on residential address; some incentives may not be combined with finance, lease or other offers; Dealer will confirm all eligible incentives.
The Invoice Price is the estimated dealer invoice price and includes an approximation of the dealer's regional advertising fees. While the Invoice Price is close in amount to the actual dealer invoice price, the actual dealer invoice price may vary from the amount shown due to dealer variances in regional advertising fees or price changes from the manufacturer. Your Dealer will show you its actual invoice price for the car you purchase.
This e-mail communication was sent to toddmahone@hotmail.com. You received this e-mail because you provided USAA Car Buying Service with your e-mail address. If you prefer not to receive e-mail communications like this one from USAA Car Buying Service in the future, please send an e-mail to unsubscribe-18963@up0.net.
DISCLAIMER: This E-mail was sent to toddmahone@hotmail.com and contains information directly related to your account with us, other services to which you have subscribed, and/or any application you may have submitted.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by e-mail at the address shown. This e-mail transmission may contain confidential information. This information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity to whom it is intended even if addressed incorrectly. Please delete it from your files if you are not the intended recipient. Thank you for your compliance.
©2010 Zag.com Inc. All rights reserved. 525 Broadway 3rd floor, Santa Monica, CA 90401
y2k king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:36 PM   #12
thedonkeyslayer

Drives: XK 4x4 Ordered '11 2SS/RS SW LS3
If you want to drive it from central PA back to Tulsa my dealer will order it for you for invoice...If I built it correctly it will be $37,104 (you would pay sales tax to OK in order to register it)...PM me if you want the dealer contact info.
thedonkeyslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:17 PM   #13
IBM/2SS/RS/LS3
NorCal Camaro➎ Member

Drives: Bowties ONLY!!
I got preferred pricing - USAA (750)