Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-07-2011, 06:26 PM   #1
cntryman77

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
DIY: HID conversion for Eagle Eye headlights

OK, there are a growing number of us who have done this mod, so I figured I'd take pics & write up a DIY while I did mine. Here we go...

first off, here is what I bought

2010 CHEVY CAMARO PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS w/ HALO CCFL BLK
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-...item255f001f71

ZTEC HID Conversion Kit - H9 - 6000K -
http://www.xenonhidworlds.com/lights/catalog/Xenon-HID-Conversion-Kit-p-22293.html

H13 relay harness
http://www.xenonhidworlds.com/lights/catalog/Relay-Harness-For-Bi-Xenon-p-22294.html

some pics

Last edited by cntryman77; 07-25-2013 at 07:52 AM.
cntryman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:48 PM   #2
cntryman77

Installing the HIDs

First thing I did was mark a 7/8" dia hole on the grommet on the back of the new headlight & cut a hole out

Next you insert the grommet from the HID kit into the hole you just made

Next unplug the connector that went to the halogen bulb & insert the 2 blade terminals on the HID harness into it as shown

I taped up the connector after I inserted these terminals. Then you remove the halogen bulb & place the HID in it's place. Be careful not to touch the actual HID bulb

After that is done, reseal the grommet to the headlight assembly

Take the connector from the passenger side headlight that is coming thru the HID grommet (the one with the red & black wires) & tape it up as well. You won't be using it for anything.

This connector should be hooked to the green factory connector for the headlights

Here is a picture of the driver's side wiring & a color coded list of what connects to what

RED- this is the ground terminal
YELLOW- these spade terminals connect to the connector in the headlight housing (see the blurry pic above)
PURPLE- this is the power terminal that connects to the powerr stud
BLUE- these 2 connectors should hook together (mine had spade terminals on the relay harness instead of a connector)

Here is a picture of the passenger's side wiring & a color coded list of what connects to what

RED- this is the ground terminal
YELLOW- these spade terminals connect to the connector in the headlight housing (see the blurry pic above)
BLUE- this connector is not used on the passenger side & it should be taped up as shown in the picture above

Here is a write up for removing the bumper, which you have to do to install the new headlight assemblies.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...e+front+bumper

I didn't take pictures of the rest, but it's easy to understand. First thing is unhook your positive battery terminal. On the relay harness there are (2) connectors that will connect to your ballasts. There is (1) ring terminal on each conenction that will need to go to ground. I cut off these ring terminals & spliced them with the grounds for the halos. I ran the grounds back to the stud for the factory air box. For the power of the halos, I used IDC splices & attached them to the side marker wires (brown on 1 side, purple on the other (Once you have the bumper off, these are easy to see. (((Warning: Make sure you extend the wire for the halos so you can drop the bumper & still have the wires connected. I also recommend spade connectors for the extended wire to allow unhooking. This will save future headaches if you ever need to remove the bumper again.))) Next hook up the headlight connectors to the factory harness connector (these are green connectors). Last thing is hook your power wire to the power stud in the engine compartment. Then reconnect your battery & make sure everything works before reassembling everything. Another note, if you wire the halos to the side markers as I did, you will have to reconnect the harness connector on the bumper before you can test the wiring. Here's a quick shot of the final product.

As a side note, it you are adding dual color LED tun signals, be sure to put your factory sockets for the turn signals in the Eagle Eye headlights. I had problems with the aftermarket ones working correctly with the LED bulbs.

Another side note, you should probably manually turn off your auto headlights when you turn the car on. The DRLs use a "dirty" power that is not good for your ballasts.

Last edited by cntryman77; 06-20-2012 at 08:08 PM.
cntryman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:15 PM   #3
spectre20

Drives: 2013 2SS RS
Hi cntryman, it looks like the pics are missing. I installed my eagle eye headlights easily enough but then had some trouble with the HIDs.

I am a little confused about connecting the high beam solenoid wires to the harness. My connections don't match up. Everything else is perfect. Anyway, could you please direct me to the pics, if they were hosted somewhere? Thanks.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:14 PM   #4
cntryman77

updated the install instructions to include pictures to aid in the wiring of the harnesses
Old 09-13-2012, 05:15 PM   #5
Dorwd71

Drives: 2016 2SS
interested in doing this, but I do not see the pics, could you pm them to me?
Dorwd71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:48 PM   #6
SixCyl

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorwd71 View Post
interested in doing this, but I do not see the pics, could you pm them to me?
Agreed, thinking of doing this but would like to see pictures first.
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:02 PM   #7
Hayden
You serious Clark?

Drives: 2012 Summit White 2LS
This will help me! Thanks.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #8
Belam

Drives: Yellow 2SS camaro
Ok I'm getting lost here .can you tell me where these go (the two that I'm holding ).I got my kit from TRS ,I don't know if it is the same as yours?
Attached Images

Belam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #9
Hayden
You serious Clark?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belam View Post
Ok I'm getting lost here .can you tell me where these go (the two that I'm holding ).I got my kit from TRS ,I don't know if it is the same as yours?
I believe those go into what the stock halogen bulbs positive and negative connection were in as shown in the one blurryish picture

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ictureid=44382
Old 03-20-2013, 08:49 PM   #10
Hamilton2400

Drives: 2014 GMC Sierra/2015 GMC Acadia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belam View Post
Those two wires should be connected to the wiring for the high beam solenoid.
Hamilton2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #11
Hayden
You serious Clark?

My only issue I am having is getting my driver side high beam to work.. I am using a TRS harness. Its slightly different then the picture above.. I don't see how its possible to get the high beam to work without plugging it directly into the original green hook up that bulbs directly hook into? Like you do with the passenger side.. There are separate adapters on the TRS Harness labeled "Projector" I am thinking that I am going to have to run the prongs straight to that part of the harness.. Any input by someone that used TRS?

My driver side is lacking this "BLUE- these 2 connectors should hook together (mine had spade terminals on the relay harness instead of a connect" on the driver side.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:26 PM   #12
Belam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
My only issue I am having is getting my driver side high beam to work.. I am using a TRS harness. Its slightly different then the picture above.. I don't see how its possible to get the high beam to work without plugging it directly into the original green hook up that bulbs directly hook into? Like you do with the passenger side.. There are separate adapters on the TRS Harness labeled "Projector" I am thinking that I am going to have to run the prongs straight to that part of the harness.. Any input by someone that used TRS?

My driver side is lacking this "BLUE- these 2 connectors should hook together (mine had spade terminals on the relay harness instead of a connect" on the driver side.
Where did you get the the relay harness? Mine from TRS . All I did is very simple .I assume that you have a TRS one .You don't have to do anything with that high beam ,just leave your eagle eye wires like the way it is .All you need to do is go to autozone get a female H13 and connect it to the relay (it will give you 3 wires that you use to splice into the Eagle eye bulb wires .That way you have a (Y) your factory still control the high beam solenoid ,and also control your relay .this is what I did in the picture .
Attached Images

Last edited by Belam; 03-26-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:47 PM   #13
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post

I just did my TRS a little while ago, you're right. The two prongs go into the "projector" connection. Orange side to orange, black to black.
The green harness from the car only makes one connection to the TRS kit (mine was a real pain to get connected for some reason).

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:04 PM   #14
Belam

Just pull the red and black wire spades that come with your HID out of the round flex plastic .you will have 2 empty holes there ,run the female socket wires (the one that you got frome autozone and connected to your relay)into those holes and splice in the eagle head light wires ,black to blue ,green to black and brown to white .
This pict below is what I used frome autozone ,you need the samething and three quick splices about 10 bucks .
Attached Images