Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 12-07-2010, 06:03 AM   #729
BowlingSS
Camaro Owner Since 1987

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT
A new picture. It looks warm but it is cold out and windy.

Bill
Attached Images

VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
Gorilla Wheel Lock System; Bear Rotors, Hawk HPS
Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune
BowlingSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:06 AM   #730
BowlingSS
Camaro Owner Since 1987

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN... I give you (the cell phone version) Orange Krate!!! Turns out he is really a boy. He was delivered to the dealer this day at noontime on a Chinese junk coming around the Horn of Africa in typhoon season! Nonetheless he is here in one piece. Since I am in Maryland until Wednesday there won't be any good photos til then. I still have to sign the sales contract and then they will paint the ground effects and install them.

I am so excited that...oh never mind. More to come. There will be bubble gum cigars if I can find some to purchase.
It about time that boy came home. What is a Z28 Suspension Upgrade? I want one.

Bill
VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
Gorilla Wheel Lock System; Bear Rotors, Hawk HPS
Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune
BowlingSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:04 PM   #731
ealfaro

Drives: 2011 2ss
On my way to the dealership this afternoon to pick up my Tumbler!!! Herritage grille installed today and will post some pics. Am i the last?
ealfaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:09 PM   #732
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ealfaro View Post
On my way to the dealership this afternoon to pick up my Tumbler!!! Herritage grille installed today and will post some pics. Am i the last?
Your not the last! Folks I have a real problem tonight. I just got some cell phone pics from my wife who went to see the car. The dealer in their excitement to get my car ready, literally jumped ahead and detailed it and PUT ON A FRONT LICENSE BRACKET!!!! I specifically told them to NOT install it and it was written down. I am pleased with the cars looks even from afar but I am truly fuming about this issue. Deal breaker? Heck no. But it is very disappointing because I have a plan for the car and now I have a bumper with HOLES!!! I guess I was suppose to babysit but couldnt do it 3000 miles away. DAMN IT!!! Becky any thoughts? I understand if you want to bow out of this one.

UPDATE: Solution and win/win... since I have GFX it would appear the car is going to be too low to have the electric hide-a-plate. So I am going to have the dealer pull the bumper license bracket and shoot it IOM the same time the do the GFX painting. I think that will eliminate some of my frustration and also keep me compliant with Cali laws.

Jim
Attached Images

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com

Last edited by Orange Krate; 12-07-2010 at 07:20 PM.
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:15 PM   #733
wacdmc

Drives: 11 2SS, 10 Equinox, 07 Silverado HD
That's crap, especially when you had it in writing. They need to cough up a new bumper cover. Just my two cents...
wacdmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:39 PM   #734
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacdmc View Post
That's crap, especially when you had it in writing. They need to cough up a new bumper cover. Just my two cents...
Believe me...It was so weird when I opened the photos on my phone I just saw this bitchin car. I closed the text message and then it donned on me...DID I JUST SEE A FRONT PLATE??? Kind of like in disbelief followed by...was that a paper sticker? My salesman was off today so I think that is how this happened! He has a calm, straight forward message on his phone but my text to him wasn't so subtle. I asked him how he would think his boss, the GM, would feel if I walked in and put Texas Longhorn horns on the front hood of his new Chevy red Silverado??? LOL No problem there right? Anyway, I think if they pull that bracket and shoot it IOM when they do the graphics that it will take away a little of the insult to the cars appearance. Besides I don't need Barney Fife pulling me over for any reason. The car sticks out like a sore whatzit anyway being only slightly bright. I have to turn lemons into lemonade. Life is too short and this is on my bucket list to get the car.

PS... I already have an opportunity to organize a fund raiser for a cute little neighbor girl who is 3 years old fighting leukemia and I want to get the car and get that going. The clock is running out for this beautiful child.

Simi Valley, CA
Old 12-07-2010, 07:59 PM   #735
panther2469

Drives: 2011 2SS RS SIM Litho # 193
Quote:
Believe me...It was so weird when I opened the photos on my phone I just saw this bitchin car. I closed the text message and then it donned on me...DID I JUST SEE A FRONT PLATE??? Kind of like in disbelief followed by...was that a paper sticker? My salesman was off today so I think that is how this happened! He has a calm, straight forward message on his phone but my text to him wasn't so subtle. I asked him how he would think his boss, the GM, would feel if I walked in and put Texas Longhorn horns on the front hood of his new Chevy red Silverado??? LOL No problem there right? Anyway, I think if they pull that bracket and shoot it IOM when they do the graphics that it will take away a little of the insult to the cars appearance. Besides I don't need Barney Fife pulling me over for any reason. The car sticks out like a sore whatzit anyway being only slightly bright. I have to turn lemons into lemonade. Life is too short and this is on my bucket list to get the car.

PS... I already have an opportunity to organize a fund raiser for a cute little neighbor girl who is 3 years old fighting leukemia and I want to get the car and get that going. The clock is running out for this beautiful child.
Congrats on the car, Cant wait to see your non cellphone photos. I like your outlook on the whole licence Plate issue. keep us posted on the fundraiser.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:01 PM   #736
SwedeandBlondie

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS L99 on order
Quote:
Thanks Frank and Kim!!! And by the way...HOLY @#$% I am freezing my garbonzo beans off here! Jeez. I am a native So Cali boy and tonight I thought I was a goner when the wind picked up and shook the commercial building vestibule I was standing in. It felt like a minor earthquake. No snow yet. But that could change. Stay warm...holding Elvira! Yeah baby yeah!!!
How long are you here? Where are ya up here?
2009 HD Street Glide
2005 HD Fatboy
SwedeandBlondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:03 PM   #737
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Sounds like the license plate issue
is resolved

Keep us posted on the fundraiser.
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:06 PM   #738
ssummit camaro

Drives: 2013 1LE on order TPW 12/31
orange, you could see if there is another car on the lot same color and have them switch covers
Old 12-07-2010, 08:07 PM   #739
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeandBlondie View Post
How long are you here? Where are ya up here?
I am leaving at 5:30 AM Wednesday (tomorrow). I am over at the Hilton Garden Inn off the freeway in Frederick. I believe it is on Corporate Court. I was at a class last two days. It sure has been cold and windy. Wow!

Simi Valley, CA
Old 12-07-2010, 08:08 PM   #740
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssummit camaro View Post
orange, you could see if there is another car on the lot same color and have them switch covers
They only have two other Camaros they can't keep them on the lot. Silver and a sweet black one. I think it will work out.

Simi Valley, CA
Old 12-07-2010, 08:31 PM   #741
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
Sounds like the license plate issue
is resolved

Keep us posted on the fundraiser.
I will give you all the short story on this. It is a sad story and...there is life other than cars and this is as real as it gets.

My next door neighbor's 3 year old daughter has two forms of leukemia (rare types). They did an international donor search and found a donor just in time....this was about 9 months ago. The girl has been doing well and then all of a sudden the leukemia is back with a vengeance. She returns tomorrow for the City of Hope and it is not looking good.

She is a real cutie...white blonde, big blue eyes. Her name is Zosia ("Zosh-ia"). I just happened to be with her Aunt Kasia (my daughter's best friend who works in DC) eating dinner, here in Maryland, when the Aunt got the phone call from her sister advising the leukemia confirmation. Obviously dinner was ruined.

I didn't sleep last night thinking about her (as opposed to Orange Krate). Zosia also has a 1 year old brother. One of Zosia's great grandfathers just died too. This is hitting the family all at once. The financial thing has been a nightmare and getting worse.

We are all looking for a miracle but before the transplant she had almost zero percent chance of survival. I will keep the group in the loop. I will know more when I return to California tomorrow.

Prayers for Zosia and her family.

Simi Valley, CA
Old 12-07-2010, 08:36 PM   #742
SwedeandBlondie

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS L99 on order
Quote:
I am leaving at 5:30 AM Wednesday (tomorrow). I am over at the Hilton Garden Inn off the freeway in Frederick. I believe it is on Corporate Court. I was at a class last two days. It sure has been cold and windy. Wow!
Ah well, next time we'll have to get some eats
2009 HD Street Glide
2005 HD Fatboy
SwedeandBlondie is offline   Reply With Quote