Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 08:20 AM   #15
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
If you ordered BEFORE 4/1 you're fine with pricing...
Scott, you are the man! but will this be for all of us even the ones that are to get MSRP. Or is this limited. Will our sticker reflect the lower MSRP now? I am still very nervous about my dealer.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
Old 04-09-2009, 08:43 AM   #16
CamaroELF
Hotrod Grandma

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
It sounds like I'm at my dealer's mercy. When we were talking price, I said I wouldn't pay over MSRP and he said whatever the sticker says when it shows up. I didn't know any better.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:44 AM   #17
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Hey, a dealer can Jag you anytime, anywhere.....they don't need a price increase as an excuse....We've already seen that happening.

Trust your dealer. Old advice a day late I know.....
Old 04-09-2009, 08:51 AM   #18
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroELF View Post
It sounds like I'm at my dealer's mercy. When we were talking price, I said I wouldn't pay over MSRP and he said whatever the sticker says when it shows up. I didn't know any better.
Quote:
Hey, a dealer can Jag you anytime, anywhere.....they don't need a price increase as an excuse....We've already seen that happening.

Trust your dealer. Old advice a day late I know.....
I don't necessarily think that my dealer will intentionally try and screw me over but I have a feeling they are going to see the sticker and think that's what the car's actual MSRP is.

When this is all said and done, would it be possible to get some exact steps for what we need to do to show/prove to dealers what our price should be? Us saying "no, I get the old MSRP" when I have nothing proving that old MSRP or even nothing proving, other than the email GM sent to customers, that MSRP was in any way protected will likely not get us very far. We need some way to show them, in the GM systems that they have access to, what our MSRP SHOULD be. If I just show them something off the internet they're going to say "you can't believe everything on the internet." I trust that my dealer will think he's charging me the right price even though he's just an idiot.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:58 AM   #19
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
When this is all said and done, would it be possible to get some exact steps for what we need to do to show/prove to dealers what our price should be? Us saying "no, I get the old MSRP" when I have nothing proving that old MSRP or even nothing proving, other than the email GM sent to customers, that MSRP was in any way protected will likely not get us very far. We need some way to show them, in the GM systems that they have access to, what our MSRP SHOULD be. If I just show them something off the internet they're going to say "you can't believe everything on the internet." I trust that my dealer will think he's charging me the right price even though he's just an idiot.
+1
Old 04-09-2009, 09:01 AM   #20
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
If you ordered BEFORE 4/1 you're fine with pricing...
Even if your workbench pre-order does NOT show R6P when ordered on 10/24/08??

I keep pressing my dealer (salesman and sales manager) on this and continue to get no response from either of them...which is very unnerving to say the least.

I am starting to feel that the R6P code is the whole key to price protection and without it...no protection. Is this the case? If so, I hope the increase is only hundreds (which I could live with) and not thousands...
Old 04-09-2009, 09:03 AM   #21
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
I don't necessarily think that my dealer will intentionally try and screw me over but I have a feeling they are going to see the sticker and think that's what the car's actual MSRP is.

Great question. It would be nice to be armed with some hard evidence of what the MSRP is for us who ordered before 4/1! I am worried about the same thing with my dealer. I don't think he or they would intentionally screw me, but if they think the price has raised for everyone it would be nice to prove to them that the pre-orders are @ the MSRP @ the time of pre-order.

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby
Old 04-09-2009, 09:06 AM   #22
metalman

Drives: 2000 Prelude
Is the hurst off constraint?
Old 04-09-2009, 09:10 AM   #23
Suskam

Drives: '11 Camaro/ '02 Grand Prix
Ugh... This is getting old. I just called my dealer and I'm not one of the lucky ones that get a CGM this week.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:14 AM   #24
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suskam View Post
Ugh... This is getting old. I just called my dealer and I'm not one of the lucky ones that get a CGM this week.
I was told the same thing last Thursday, but then got a call from my dealer that it was to be picked up on Tuesday. So there might be hope...

Edit: Can anyone answer my question from earlier?
So these are for units that will be picked up next Tuesday and built 5/4 - 5/10. If mine was picked up this past Tuesday, my production week would be one week earlier, 4/27 - 5/3? Is that a good assumption?

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Old 04-09-2009, 09:17 AM   #25
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Here's what my dealer gave me....

Dear Mr M

I apologize that I missed you yesterday while I was in a meeting. Thank you for your $1000 deposit. I also received the questions you had regarding your order which I would like to answer. Your order was the 3rd preliminary order placed to be built. Your preliminary order number is NXXXXC. The pricing on your 2010 Chevrolet Camaro is listed below:

MSRP $33,430.00
$395.00 Cyber Gray Metallic Stripe Package (B7W)
$1200.00 RS Package (WRS)
$35,025.00
$499.00 Dealer Service Fee
$289.00 Paint Sealant
$35,813 + TTL

You should ask for something similar...

The 'paint sealant' will not be going on the car....but if they want to gripe about...I will still pay for it....
Old 04-09-2009, 09:17 AM   #26
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
The above is "official"
Old 04-09-2009, 09:19 AM   #27
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
The above is "official"
Yea but where is exactly does that come from? And will that number change if MSRP goes up? Can you give us the instructions where they can find it (like what selections to click on, etc)? I don't want them to end up in the wrong place and try and charge me the new pricing.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:28 AM   #28
Ctrain24

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by themossman View Post
Here's what my dealer gave me....

Dear Mr M

I apologize that I missed you yesterday while I was in a meeting. Thank you for your $1000 deposit. I also received the questions you had regarding your order which I would like to answer. Your order was the 3rd preliminary order placed to be built. Your preliminary order number is NXXXXC. The pricing on your 2010 Chevrolet Camaro is listed below:

MSRP $33,430.00
$395.00 Cyber Gray Metallic Stripe Package (B7W)
$1200.00 RS Package (WRS)
$35,025.00
$499.00 Dealer Service Fee
$289.00 Paint Sealant
$35,813 + TTL

You should ask for something similar...

The 'paint sealant' will not be going on the car....but if they want to gripe about...I will still pay for it....
Dealer service fee? Paint sealant?

Closed Thread