Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-04-2016, 11:43 AM   #15
ssinister_l99

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbs View Post
This is correct, as I understand it.

Your car has the torque converter adding some slack between the drivetrain and the engine. A clutch is directly connected.
Ahhh okay! Thank you guys so essentially it's because there is more stress going on with the ls3 apposed to the l99 with the torque converter almost softening the stress if that makes sense

ssinister_l99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 07:03 PM   #16
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
hehe, mine pops and BANGS so loud sometimes, i have literally scared pedestrians! they will jump or duck etc. of course i have no cats and my turbo downpipe dumps under the car so it whistles away then bangs liike a shotgun!
Turbonetics running 8lbs boost at 700rwhp tuned by Hi Rev, installed by K&M w/cat-muffler delete, ACS splitter, Fesler GFX, MPD1 spoiler, Custom painted Rally stripes, Cordon CR1 wheels 275/315s, Hotchkiss comp sways and end links, Barton shifter
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:36 AM   #17
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
LOL lots of the answers affect it but mostly the fact you do have a milder cam more timing , AFM, and a big damn suitcase resonator and your a auto,, the Decel Popping is from the fuel shutting off in the tune when decelerating and the resulting ignition of the left over fuel in the exhaust which is more free flowing in a LS3 especially with dual mode. I lock the system open with my Forza three way switch and Let it pop like race car especially down shifting , and its sweet as can be. ( makes the punks and their fart can Hondas so envious they usually wimper away farting as they go): Enough to make a guy switch from a L99 to a ls3....Oh I DID..LOL, and headers makes it more awesome with HFCs of course because........

Last edited by christianchevell; 07-05-2016 at 11:47 AM.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:38 AM   #18
CapeCruisin
Daily Driver 24/7 365

Drives: '15 CRT 2SS/RS/1LE
am I your buddy in question or someone else? lol
2014 RRM Camaro 1LT/RS A6/NPP CAI
Follow Me On Instagram!
CapeCruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 06:38 PM   #19
ssinister_l99

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCruisin View Post
am I your buddy in question or someone else? lol
lmao yeah you jarred, jon, and tim. we gotta meet up again soon and move up to the south shore!!!

ssinister_l99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 11:11 PM   #20
RS Speedriver

Drives: 2018 camaro 1ss 1LE
Cuz ls3 is better then l99 lol
RS Speedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 08:03 PM   #21
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
LOL lots of the answers affect it but mostly the fact you do have a milder cam more timing , AFM, and a big damn suitcase resonator and your a auto,, the Decel Popping is from the fuel shutting off in the tune when decelerating and the resulting ignition of the left over fuel in the exhaust which is more free flowing in a LS3 especially with dual mode. I lock the system open with my Forza three way switch and Let it pop like race car especially down shifting , and its sweet as can be. ( makes the punks and their fart can Hondas so envious they usually wimper away farting as they go): Enough to make a guy switch from a L99 to a ls3....Oh I DID..LOL, and headers makes it more awesome with HFCs of course because........
You SOB you did.....you damn well did. Shorty headers. ...solo hi flow cats with x pipe and no mufflers is enough to make me want to keep my L99. Timed right when im using the paddles going from a high rpm gear change from 1st to 2nd and letting my foot off the gas at just the right time......my car really barks. I'm going to get a go pro vid of this......after you listen to it all you need to do is decide what colour l99 you will be buying. ......Orange Is nice.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote