Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-08-2008, 12:48 PM   #169
nfamous209

Drives: 2002 Camaro z28
Send a message via AIM to nfamous209 Send a message via Yahoo to nfamous209
nfamous209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:28 PM   #170
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
I hate mustangs, With a passion!
you would go there! crapping in the picnic basket again, are we?
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:55 AM   #171
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Charles View Post
Now it will be the Mustang VS Camaro Vs Challenger. Mopar is looking at bringing the Charger back to a 2 door in 2010.

Whoa... Isn't Chrysler in enough trouble already without this hideous redesign? I like the idea of making it a 2 door again, but that's what the Challenger is for.

As it is, Charger sold well and has a decent following, all of which would drool over a NEW Charger, as long as it at least looked similar to the one in their garages now...

Just leave the extra doors, make it look a bit meaner, (fenders, lower roof, maybe some new fascia) give it a better drivetrain, and call it new. It'll sell... Oh and fire the guy who designed this awful mash-up, what a mess this is

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:12 PM   #172
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatarHol View Post
I'm here because i love Camaros I owned one at one time,but i never left Camaroz28.com when i traded it for my 1st Mustang. I still visit Miata.net even though i got rid of mine about 3 years ago(awesome little car). The Mustang is my favorite car,but the Camaro is in the top 5,i don't understand why some people can't like both. Also,if you don't like one or another,at least understand the appeal of the other car. That's my only problem,it's when some knucklehead starts spouting off some ignorant mess about my favorite car,that's when i jump in to defend it. I'd do the same for a F-body or a Miata on any other board.
Regardless of preference, I hold all American Musclecars in high regard. Without Mustang, Camaro would have no reason to be any better, and vise aversa.

A translation::seesaw:

Camaro owner - "I hate Mustang! "
What he's really saying - "I love my car, and prefer it over Mustang "

Mustang owner - "Camaro sucks! "
What he's really saying - "Why isn't my car that fast? "

Obviously, I'm kidding around, but you get my point right? If there was no Camaro, can you guess what I'd be driving? You betcha, a Mustang GT. We're all ponycar lovers at the core, and there's nothing wrong with a little friendly competition. It's healthy for progression on both sides, and keeps the damned imports at bay...

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:18 PM   #173
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
Whoa... Isn't Chrysler in enough trouble already without this hideous redesign? I like the idea of making it a 2 door again, but that's what the Challenger is for.

As it is, Charger sold well and has a decent following, all of which would drool over a NEW Charger, as long as it at least looked similar to the one in their garages now...

Just leave the extra doors, make it look a bit meaner, (fenders, lower roof, maybe some new fascia) give it a better drivetrain, and call it new. It'll sell... Oh and fire the guy who designed this awful mash-up, what a mess this is
umm, he made that post in early november of last year, only a couple months after the auto market collapsed.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:26 PM   #174
muffinman2030
do you know da muffinman?

Drives: RS 2LT '10 Camaro RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
Regardless of preference, I hold all American Musclecars in high regard. Without Mustang, Camaro would have no reason to be any better, and vise aversa.

A translation::seesaw:

Camaro owner - "I hate Mustang! "
What he's really saying - "I love my car, and prefer it over Mustang "

Mustang owner - "Camaro sucks! "
What he's really saying - "Why isn't my car that fast? "

Obviously, I'm kidding around, but you get my point right? If there was no Camaro, can you guess what I'd be driving? You betcha, a Mustang GT. We're all ponycar lovers at the core, and there's nothing wrong with a little friendly competition. It's healthy for progression on both sides, and keeps the damned imports at bay...
Agreed! All American muscle cars get my heart racing, especially the classics.
muffinman2030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:39 PM   #175
Teddydog

Drives: 21 LT1 RS M6 in SSM
Zombie thread! Cut off its head!

Rob
Teddydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:24 PM   #176
mutant chicken
Mutant Member

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '10 Mini , 07 Harley
Just having some fun ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjones14 View Post
I say compare any Camaro to Kitt, from Knight Ranger - see how far you get.
Knight Ranger ?

Are we going to break into a good power ballad now ?

Don't tell me you love me ? Sister Christian ?

Sorry, showing my age .... LOL....

mutant chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:26 PM   #177
Georgie

Drives: Camaro... soon
THREAD REVIVAL!