Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 10-21-2010, 10:23 AM   #1
Havok

Drives: 2010 IBM 2LT RS
Minecraft Alpha

Anyone play this game? Sort of a simple fun little game, that basically can be summed up as legos for adults. I'm sort of getting a little bored of it since it is pretty repetative (its only in alpha stage so I'm sure things will be improving), but I've only played single player so its basically me having to do all the work. There is a multiplayer version to this game where you can join a server and build shit with your friends. Some people have infact built some crazy shit.

Background/Basics of the game:

For you nerds out there:

http://www.minecraft.net/
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:35 AM   #2
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
What is the purpose of the game? Do you build things or is it like a puzzle style adventure game?
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:40 AM   #3
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Ok, I'm at work atm so can't watch the vids, but is this for PC, xbox live or ? Looks intriguing for sure!
Old 10-21-2010, 02:12 PM   #4
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
It's for PC. It's kind of a build your own FPS but not really. It's definitely intriguing.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:14 PM   #5
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
It's for PC. It's kind of a build your own FPS but not really. It's definitely intriguing.
Hm, will definitely have to check it out once I get home then.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:35 PM   #6
Havok

Quote:
Originally Posted by irocnroll View Post
What is the purpose of the game? Do you build things or is it like a puzzle style adventure game?
It's basically a simple sandbox video game where you can do w/e you want. You mine and gather materials and you use those materials to build w/e you want in terms of structures whether its a house, a tree fort, a replica of a famous momument, a rollercoaster, or w/e you want to build. Its mostly a mining for materials and building game. No purpose, no end game, its just an open map that you can explore and build on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
Ok, I'm at work atm so can't watch the vids, but is this for PC, xbox live or ? Looks intriguing for sure!
PC/Mac/Linux only (some computer only).

Quote:
Not really a FPS, unless all you do is go around shooting monsters with your bow and arrow, and that is both the least done thing, and could be easy phased out.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:36 PM   #7
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
It's basically a simple sandbox video game where you can do w/e you want. You mine and gather materials and you use those materials to build w/e you want in terms of structures whether its a house, a tree fort, a replica of a famous momument, a rollercoaster, or w/e you want to build. Its mostly a mining for materials and building game. No purpose, no end game, its just an open map that you can explore and build on.
Sweet, definitely going to try it out then
Old 10-21-2010, 04:18 PM   #8
Havok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
Sweet, definitely going to try it out then
I would suggest viewing a couple of the first video I posted (he basically has a series). I gives you some good insight on things to do when starting espically if you haven't played it before, it might get confusing and hard if you just jump right in.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:17 PM   #9
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
I don't know a lot about it but have seen clips on tech and game sites. This one is my favorite because clearly this took a long time to do and went horribly wrong. lol

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 07:22 PM   #10
irocnroll

Quote:
I don't know a lot about it but have seen clips on tech and game sites. This one is my favorite because clearly this took a long time to do and went horribly wrong. lol

LMAO....that is hillarious. The graphics lack but the overall scope of the game is insane.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:40 AM   #11
irocnroll

Havok are you looking to play the multiplayer part? What would you want to do.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:29 AM   #12
irocnroll

Well I purchased it last night with a friend and I plan on setting up a private server sometime tonight to use the Multiplayer function. After watching a bunch of Youtube videos and browsing the interwebs, I got hooked.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:53 AM   #13
Havok

Quote:
Originally Posted by irocnroll View Post
Havok are you looking to play the multiplayer part? What would you want to do.
Umm. I probably would play it. I have a "copy" of the game currently but have been looking at buying it. I haven't been playing much minecraft lately, mostly because i started to get bored of it, and I bought like 2 other games that I try to play too. But yeah if you set up a multiplayer server let me know and I'll see about jumping on. I wanted to test building some farms (trees, wheat, etc) and a creep factory.

By the way the graphics suck because if they were like realistic your computer would fry, or the worlds would have to be smaller. There are some map packs that will change the textures to better graphics (though nonrealistic).
Old 11-08-2010, 10:55 AM   #14
Brokinarrow

Wow, soooo hooked to this right now. Started playing on Saturday, didn't move from my computer for 5 freaking hours! Dangerously addictive! I'm having to set some objectives for myself each time I play so that I can pry myself away from the PC That and the girlfriend has standing orders to intervene if she feels its necessary.