Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-07-2009, 10:07 AM   #1
D1BADZ
hmmmmm

Drives: 2010 IOM in-n-out 2SS
2010 BA sysyem vs. 2001 Audi symphony system (BA lost -obviously)

So I have come to realize the hard way that these BA speakers sukk major donkey balls. They maybe be loud if you turn up the treble and lower the bass
but there is absolutely no clarity.

I realized this after 4 months I switched cars with the wife today and listended to the radio in her car and it brought a tear to my eye how much better it sounds. Its a 2001 A4 symphony system, i dont know what brand they use but it sounds awesome.

At first I was like, the BA system is awesome and sound great being a fan boy, but step into a nicer car even with stock speakers and it will sound better.

Before this I got in my friend 01 vette with bose, and it sounded way better as well. Hell even my buddys freakin Camry seemed to sound better. But i was in denial at those times.

Looks like some aftermarket speaker company will be getting some of my money.

Dont take my word for it and hear for yourself. That is my rant.

D1BADZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:20 AM   #2
Matt'sSS
From 2 door to 5 door

Drives: C5 Vert->CGM SS RS M6->SRT8 Magnum
Quote:
Originally Posted by D1BADZ View Post
Before this I got in my friend 01 vette with bose, and it sounded way better as well. Hell even my buddys freakin Camry seemed to sound better. But i was in denial at those times.
:( *sigh* I was hoping it would be an upgrade from the Bose in my '01 Vette, so much for that...

I'll wait to hear for myself before I start buying upgrades, but thank you for your comparison.
Matt'sSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:29 AM   #3
D1BADZ
hmmmmm

Drives: 2010 IOM in-n-out 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt'sSS View Post
:( *sigh* I was hoping it would be an upgrade from the Bose in my '01 Vette, so much for that...

I'll wait to hear for myself before I start buying upgrades, but thank you for your comparison.
yeah man ,def hear for yourself but I was quite dissapointed.

for the vette, i say the lows are better, and camaro has slightly just slightly better mids and highs. I think the vettes small cabin helps with the lows, but for sure do a comparison.

I think you will notice and upgrade from the vette, but man the audi is just so niceeeee.

I just think they used the lowest of the low service grade BA speakers, prob ones you can not buy at any retailer. Not so upset as it was included in the
2ss package.

I was just blinded by aweness of the whole car and finally realized my dissapointment..

But at the right volume ( kinda low) and tuned well it will do for now.

D1BADZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:22 PM   #4
deft

Drives: 2012 Corvette
The 1SS speakers do a pretty good job in my opinion....just need a sub.
deft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 08:19 PM   #5
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Drives: Raptor
It's funny. Ironic not ha ha, that I sat in my dealers first SS and played with the stereo for awhile. My first impression was a good one. Now that I have mine, I think the OE premium stereo in my 07 GMC Sierra SLE sounds better. Very similar format as well. I have to correct my original grade on this stereo. It is barely worthy of being in this car. And boston acoustics should be quite humiliated to call that their own.
CGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:51 PM   #6
vegasmike

Drives: 2010 Black RS Camaro
Yes I AGREE< I had an Audi 2007 S6 and it was amazing, I hated the car, it was and is a fat pig best used to go to Afganastan with a Howitzer on the top, war over. However I love the Camaro, its quiet, it rides great, it handles a little fluffy but I am fixing that, no big deal. But I like great sound, I want a concert hall in there like the Audi, (the only thing I would bring from it to the Camaro) That said, I really dont understand the system, there are no real good descriptions of what to buy to make it better, so Help a brother out here, what would you buy to improve the sound overall, I am not looking for a Bass Thumper, I like bass but like I said I want a balanced, defined, clean sound. I used to drive the Audi and turn on Sirrus, and the tunes rocked, they dont rock on the camaro, not too well at any rate. For a base system its good, I want great. When I take a rider with I want them to enjoy the tunes as well. I can put up with anything but this has to change but change to what. Help!

2010 2LT RS black with orange on the inside.

BTW I got stopped by the cops today, they just wanted to see the car, that was cool, no ticket and a new friend. A good friend to have me thinks.
vegasmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:54 PM   #7
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Yeah, my old 1998 Mustang Mach 460 sound system was 1000 times better than the BA system in my Camaro.. I feel like I waisted the $500 upgrade price..
Old 08-08-2009, 11:14 PM   #8
okyankee

Drives: 2010 SILVERADO
it is loud enough for me. still don't know where the 8th and 9th speakers are. i can see 7. but thought i read there was 9. i guess i should read up on a car intead of impulse shopping. oh well.
okyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:53 AM   #9
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by okyankee View Post
it is loud enough for me. still don't know where the 8th and 9th speakers are. i can see 7. but thought i read there was 9. i guess i should read up on a car intead of impulse shopping. oh well.
It's not the loudness but the richness and quality of the sound.. It just isn't up to "high quality" standards other "premium" car sound systems have had in the past, including the Camaro's own Monsoon sound system which is better as well.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:48 AM   #10
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by D1BADZ View Post

I just think they used the lowest of the low service grade BA speakers, prob ones you can not buy at any retailer. Not so upset as it was included in the
2ss package.

There are few if any factory sound systems that offer the same grade of speaker as you can buy aftermarket. Usually the speakers are specifically designed and built for the car they are in (for fitment issues). BA and other companies don't really make a service grade speaker, they just build to a spec and size set out by the manufacturer.

I've had a lot of sound systems in a lot of cars, I would say this system is equivalent to the Bose in my 00 Vette, a system that gets praise here but is much maligned in the vette community. I personally thought it was pretty decent. As for comparing to the Audi, when I've spent more than twice the price for a German supercar it damn well have a better sound system than a 30k Chevy.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote