Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-12-2014, 03:22 PM   #29
DaveA

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS vert
Thanks.
Attached Images

Last edited by DaveA; 07-29-2014 at 05:32 PM.
DaveA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:37 PM   #30
DaveA

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
Guys can this be fixed by AWRS? I sent them an email; just wanted to get your opinions. Thanks.
They quoted me $125 to make it significantly better but not a 100% match. Or $250 for 100% and it would take 8-10 days.

What do you guys think? Couldn't I get a new rim for $250?

Do they mean 100% match on color or just not being able to see the rash 100%?

Thanks.
DaveA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:53 PM   #31
Squillo

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS BRM LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
Do they mean 100% match on color or just not being able to see the rash 100%?

Thanks.
You should be asking the repair facility you took it to, not us
Squillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:23 PM   #32
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Wow, extinct thread has awaken.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:58 PM   #33
Decepticon1069

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1 LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUPRA View Post
Yesterday, heading out to the Ballpark in Arlington for Opening Day for the Rangers, I stopped at Chase bank for some cash.

As I was leaving, I clipped the front drivers wheel on the low metal curb they have there and scraped it almost halfway round. I've not curbed a wheel in about 6 years now, and of course it had to happen on my Camaro.

That did not put me in a good mood for the Rangers game, especially as I had spent the morning detailing the Camaro and cleaning my K&N air filter and was proud to be driving around in my nice clean Camaro.

Thankfully the Rangers beat the Angels 3-2 and showed Hamilton the door!

***EDIT*** Now with picture...

Don't feel bad. Last summer when I was in Edmonton I drove right over a curb that jutted out and I didn't see....scrapped the bottom of my frame bad, but thankfully no major damage and nothing that you can see so it didn't cost anything...but then last fall I came over a hill in a tiny parking lot and managed to run over a small boulder that was put right on the edge for some stupid reason and now I have a scrapped bottom bumper and a bent tie rod end. So hopefully my misfortunes make you feel a little less stupid lol!
Decepticon1069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 03:32 PM   #34
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
My car had road rash from the original owner and it was cheaper to buy four lightly used rims on here than to repair mine. I bought a full set of RS rims on here for $400 that had 2500 miles on them. Local shop wanted $200 a rim to re-powder coat mine, yea right... Sold my old rims for $350 so it was only $50 out of pocket to get new rims on my car...
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 03:36 PM   #35
Jonathan Patten
Caffeinated Gearhead

Drives: 2011 SGM V6/RS
Send a message via AIM to Jonathan Patten Send a message via Skype™ to Jonathan Patten
My wheels are in bad shape and I'm looking to get them fixed sometime in the next few months after the winter ends. Ultimately adjusting to a Camaro with the low profile rims and limited viewpoint was very difficult for me, and I've curbed my rims a few times since I got my car.

Don't feel bad-- it happens to the best of us and it could have been much worse-- be thankful there's not any body damage as that'd be much worse. I know your stomach is probably sunk thinking about doing that to your precious Camaro... I understand it completely, my friend. You can get them fixed relatively cheap compared to buying a new set of rims.
Jonathan Patten is offline   Reply With Quote