Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 09-26-2009, 10:08 AM   #29
ThisChicksGotAYellow2SS

Drives: Yellow 2SS, '06 Evo IX
I left the car at dads house last night with the time slips in it. Will post the slips in about an hour and a half. I'm also gonna pull the fuses again! is there anything the dealer can do to check to see which table i'm running on?

The next person who assumes that my car belongs to my boyfriend/husband is gonna be on the receiving end of some hot hell! I'm a girl dammit, not a preschooler!

Can someone tell me why so many Domestic owners hate Imports? Esp Japanese?
ThisChicksGotAYellow2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:23 AM   #30
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I ran low 13s consistantly with the TC ON and foot on brake and punching it. 14.6 is not good at all for an automatic. Yes there are tricks and a 'feel' to it but not to the tune of 1.5 seconds different. Maybe half a second.
Did you actually take your car to the track? I know you were using your phone or something like that to time your car.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:28 AM   #31
SGOS252382

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisChicksGotAYellow2SS View Post
Thanks for the support guys. Sad to say, I got 2 runs in, and was consistent at 14.7 :( First run I had it in Competitive Mode, and just stomped on the gas, second run I left it regular and stalled it as much as it would go. Both times I left it in S mode, and let the car do the shifting. I really feel confused. I'm taking it to the 1/8th on Sat night (tonight) to try out diff techniques. Don'tt quite know what I can do different.

Definately sounds like the low octane tune. What were your trap speeds?
You should to do the fuse pull mod before you next trip to the track.

You should be down in the mid 13s, even in the hot and humid Florida weather.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:33 AM   #32
ThisChicksGotAYellow2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
Definately sounds like the low octane tune. What were your trap speeds?
You should to do the fuse pull mod before you next trip to the track.

You should be down in the mid 13s, even in the hot and humid Florida weather.
I trapped 96 mph on 1st run, 99mph on 2nd run. And I have done the fuse pull before, so idk

The next person who assumes that my car belongs to my boyfriend/husband is gonna be on the receiving end of some hot hell! I'm a girl dammit, not a preschooler!

Old 09-26-2009, 10:45 AM   #33
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
I left the car at dads house last night with the time slips in it. Will post the slips in about an hour and a half. I'm also gonna pull the fuses again! is there anything the dealer can do to check to see which table i'm running on?
Quote:
Did you actually take your car to the track? I know you were using your phone or something like that to time your car.
Video, and iPhone. Both matched up within 7 hundredths. I cut the video at both ends so it's gonna be accurate EASILY within .1 and lower. I realize it's not a 'track' time, but it's close enough for this. Especially the video. Everyone talks about the track times being the only credible time and that's fine if you're competing and diagnosing problems that need 1/100 accuracy but I know i can get the time within .1 so it's no question in my book. She's running 1.5 seconds slow to advertized times. A 12 year old should be able to get within .2 or .3 of the best time the car will run with an auto tranny. Stomp the gas and go. She's got a problem. I've proven it before.

Last edited by PQ; 09-26-2009 at 11:11 AM.
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:46 AM   #34
ThisChicksGotAYellow2SS

Quote:
Video, and iPhone. Both matched up within 7 hundredths. I cut the video at both ends so it's gonna be accurate EASILY within .1 and lower. I realize it's not a 'track' time, but it's close enough for this. Especially the video. Everyone talks about the track times being the only credible time and that's fine if you're competing and diagnosing problems that need 1/100 accuracy but I know i can get the time within .1 so it's no question in my book. She's running 1.5 seconds slow to advertized times. A 12 year old should be able to get within .2 or .3 of the best time the car will run with an auto tranny. Stomp the gas and go. She's got a problem. I've proven it before.
"goo goo ga ga"

Old 09-26-2009, 11:03 AM   #35
Ltdodge

Drives: 2008 Z06
yeah, something was missing...it would bog off the line. that's what I saw.
she should have been in the high 13's

a challenger srt with diablo programmer and intake was running 13.05 @ 105 mph range.

a 300 srt ran a 13.56 and a SRT Cherokee was running 13.15.

anyways it was great meeting you yesterday

Luis
Old 09-26-2009, 11:22 AM   #36
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
"goo goo ga ga"
I like giving annalogies. Hope you didn't think I was refering to you. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltdodge View Post
yeah, something was missing...it would bog off the line. that's what I saw.
she should have been in the high 13's

a challenger srt with diablo programmer and intake was running 13.05 @ 105 mph range.

a 300 srt ran a 13.56 and a SRT Cherokee was running 13.15.

anyways it was great meeting you yesterday

Luis
Right. That's what I was saying when I had a problem before the fuse pull. Everyone was telling me it was my 21" rims and the heat and humidity. NO WAY, not a full second and a half slow. And it didn't seem to be affecting all of the other cars.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:45 AM   #37
SGOS252382

Quote:
You should take your car to the track just for the experience and to get some verifiable times. I'm sure your car will run some good times.
The nervous feelings of staging your car to the excited feeling of completing the run are what its all about. Plus you get to hang out and B.S. with other car owners.

I've got a stack of literally 500+ times slips from running my previous cars at the track. It's a lot of fun.

As soon as the temperatures drop a little I'll be heading to the track (1.5 hour drive each way). Its still getting up in the low 90s with high humidity in my area. I can't deal with hanging out at the track (in jeans - not supposed to wear shorts) in 90 degree weather.

Last edited by SGOS252382; 09-26-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:10 PM   #38
Timberline

Drives: 2010 SS/RS,LS3,M6,VR
Keep trying, like I said before you have to get to know your car plus I am sure you were a bit nervous there are a lot of things to think about, nerves are understandable. 2 runs are not enough runs to get to know the car. I am glad your are trying again and hopefully you will get more runs.
If you were running against someone it will definately feel less peppy because the car next to you is running hard too, won't have the same sense of speed.
Your husband and dad will certainly help you figure the car out. Everyone who has ever taken a car to the track has felt exactly as you feel now bummed it didn't run as quick as you thought. Determination will cure that.
All cars are not going to run exactly the same which most people on this forum are expecting. There are too many variables which affect performance. You were also fighting bad air.
Hang in there the car will pick up!
Let us know how it does.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:39 PM   #39
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
You should take your car to the track just for the experience and to get some verifiable times. I'm sure your car will run some good times.
The nervous feelings of staging your car to the excited feeling of completing the run are what its all about. Plus you get to hang out and B.S. with other car owners.

I've got a stack of literally 500+ times slips from running my previous cars at the track. It's a lot of fun.

As soon as the temperatures drop a little I'll be heading to the track (1.5 hour drive each way). Its still getting up in the low 90s with high humidity in my area. I can't deal with hanging out at the track (in jeans - not supposed to wear shorts) in 90 degree weather.
I'll get it to the track eventually. But it was my timed runs that let me know there was a problem. And eventually let us ALL know there was a problem.

I do want to get official times though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberline View Post
Keep trying, like I said before you have to get to know your car plus I am sure you were a bit nervous there are a lot of things to think about, nerves are understandable. 2 runs are not enough runs to get to know the car. I am glad your are trying again and hopefully you will get more runs.
If you were running against someone it will definately feel less peppy because the car next to you is running hard too, won't have the same sense of speed.
Your husband and dad will certainly help you figure the car out. Everyone who has ever taken a car to the track has felt exactly as you feel now bummed it didn't run as quick as you thought. Determination will cure that.
All cars are not going to run exactly the same which most people on this forum are expecting. There are too many variables which affect performance. You were also fighting bad air.
Hang in there the car will pick up!
Let us know how it does.
There is a problem with her car. The track time for her doesn't start until she moves. It's an automatic. Yes she can get better at it but her slow times were not a result of her driving. I can prove it.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:44 PM   #40
SGOS252382

Quote:
I trapped 96 mph on 1st run, 99mph on 2nd run. And I have done the fuse pull before, so idk
Did you notice a performance difference after you pulled the fuses? Also, how long did you wait after pulling the fuses?

That 96mph trap speed indicates your car is really down on power. I would love to see it run on a dyno.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:20 PM   #41
Timberline

Drives: 2010 SS/RS,LS3,M6,VR
[/QUOTE]There is a problem with her car. The track time for her doesn't start until she moves. It's an automatic. Yes she can get better at it but her slow times were not a result of her driving. I can prove it.[/QUOTE]

I never said that there was not a problem with the car and certainly was not saying it was all driver error either. There is a best way to launch the car and you can't find it in two runs.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:33 PM   #42
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
There is a problem with her car. The track time for her doesn't start until she moves. It's an automatic. Yes she can get better at it but her slow times were not a result of her driving. I can prove it.
Quote:
I never said that there was not a problem with the car and certainly was not saying it was all driver error either. There is a best way to launch the car and you can't find it in two runs.

No doubt about that. lol

I haven't found it in 200 runs.