Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-10-2014, 08:57 PM   #1
Joseph92

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
AC Blower Motor

Hi everyone.

So I just picked up my car from the dealer today after having my ac blower motor replaced.

The blower motor was making a ticking sound at slow fan speeds. The dealership fixed this problem and installed a new fan.

However, now I am having a problem with the new fan. The ticking noise is gone but now when I have the fan set to 50% the blower sounds a lot louder then the old one and it also makes a scratching sound.

I went ahead and took the blower motor out to see if there was anything in there as well if it is hitting anything. When I took it out I saw nothing wrong. Also for some reason the blower motor only makes these sounds the loudest when I have the recirculate on and when the fan is set to blow out of the face vents.

I just wanted to see if anyone else that had there ac blower motor replaced has this same issue or might have an idea why this is happening.

Thank you.
Joseph92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:27 PM   #2
headgamez

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph92 View Post
Hi everyone.

So I just picked up my car from the dealer today after having my ac blower motor replaced.

The blower motor was making a ticking sound at slow fan speeds. The dealership fixed this problem and installed a new fan.

However, now I am having a problem with the new fan. The ticking noise is gone but now when I have the fan set to 50% the blower sounds a lot louder then the old one and it also makes a scratching sound.

I went ahead and took the blower motor out to see if there was anything in there as well if it is hitting anything. When I took it out I saw nothing wrong. Also for some reason the blower motor only makes these sounds the loudest when I have the recirculate on and when the fan is set to blow out of the face vents.

I just wanted to see if anyone else that had there ac blower motor replaced has this same issue or might have an idea why this is happening.

Thank you.
Had major problems when the dealership replaced my fan twice. After the warranty was up, another independent technician showed me why I continue to have problems. Apparently the dealership cracked the housing that the fan sets in. I posted pics somewhere in this section. Dealership denied replacement saying that it was a workmanship issue. I would have someone pull the glove box and check the housing. Good luck with it!!
headgamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:15 PM   #3
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph92 View Post
Hi everyone.

Thank you.
Joseph92,

Sincere apologies about the blower motor concerns and I understand any frustration this causes. While I notice that you're seeking thoughts and opinions, feel free to message me privately if you'd like --- for assistance with getting back in touch with the dealer for examination of this continued issue.

Regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:30 AM   #4
Dupree878

Drives: '13 Dusk Edition 2SS/RS M6
Mine has been making this noise, but it's gotten louder over the winter.

I don't have another vehicle and I'm 40 miles from the dealer so I need to know how big a deal it is for them to replace it.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:39 AM   #5
Juice2SS

Drives: 2011 2SS
Mine did the same ticking. Got it replaced and everything is fine now.
Juice2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:59 AM   #6
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Change the filter, if you haven't yet. Sounds dumb but it worked for me.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:09 PM   #7
Joseph92

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Well I had the blower changed for the second about 3 weeks ago and I still have the same sound.

I know that from the factory the blower motor is attached as one piece to the AC housing and has to be cut out in order to be replaced with a new blower.

Could it also be that the blower they replace it with is just a little bit more powerful then the one built into the car?
Joseph92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ac fan, blower motor, fan, heater