Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-23-2010, 07:51 PM   #211
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Our1stCamaro View Post
afterburner tail lights like on the concept
sweet one

just found out what ABL is.. thats cool.. Dash lights up around car.. and Im sure if adds practically no weight.. Choice of color would be nice.
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:59 PM   #212
SupraNova

Drives: 1968 Chevy Nova, 1987 Supra
Maybe an option for a hounds-tooth interior, and hideaway headlights.

Maybe combine them in a special RS package or something available on all models. I don't know how many people like hounds-tooth interiors on 1st gens, but I think it looks awesome.

Might be a good solution for those who don't really want a regular cloth interior, and maybe don't want the top of the line 2LT or 2SS with leather.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:05 PM   #213
ssjoe
Ollie

Drives: 02 Subrbn/94 Prizm/10 SSRS :)
Thanks for allowing us to have input. My wish list would be, in no particular order....

1. IROC model limited edtion
2. Passenger power seat
3. Footwell lighting
4. Fuctional hood scoop
5. After burner taillights
6. Concept tail pipes
7. Gas cap hook that works
8. Throaty exhaust
9. Concept gas cap filler (on top of rear quarter)
10. Track pak

If possible Z-28 that is affordable.

Thanks for building a great car. I love my RJT 2-ss/rs

Oh yeah and hide away headllights!
Old 02-23-2010, 09:25 PM   #214
KTMracing09

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS22 View Post
At the risk of being laughed off the thread...

Id love to see T-tops or a Targa, some sort of roof feature.
There making the convertible
KTMracing09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:05 PM   #215
CBH
VETT 4 5

Drives: Yellow 1SS/RS w/ Clutch
- Too much plastic: interior, inside trunk, even fuel filler !!
- Automatic climate control. My last car had it and it's difficult to live without.

Keep fuel door on passenger side. How else can you fill up without smashing your door on the pump ?
CBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:35 PM   #216
Blakout

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS NPP
Alrighty... another future owner here putting in his $0.02. Rehashing mostly things that have already been said, but another tally for the board for all these options people want may make for a greater chance to see it through. This car is a 10/10. Let's get these minor things fixed to make it a 12/10!!

1) Z-28!!!!!!!
2) Better ambient lighting, across the dash... maybe some kind of light in the back seats.
3) Afterburner concept taillights
4) Round concept exhaust tips, instead of current square ones on the current GFX kit.
5) Color-matching option for GFX.
6) HUD
7) Louder exhaust, keep the current tone, just turn up the volume.
8) This might be a little costly but would love to see it: T-Tops or a Targa top. I'd go for a vert but don't wanna die if the car flips kthx.

As far as any other suggestions... I'd say give a few more luxury options, but NOT AS A PACKAGE DEAL. Individually only. Climate control, rear-view camera, hard-top convertible, leather dash (for those dashboard fondlers) and all the other bells and whistles that come on luxury cars. Only make it an option, to bring some of the luxury market to Camaro. Lots of people on here want luxuries and don't care about performance. Everyone else wants performance and can live without the luxuries.

Oh and by the way, don't mess with the skip-shift. It doesn't take effect when people actually use the gas pedal.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:12 PM   #217
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I just want to start off saying I love the Camaro and I look forward to buying a 2011 model whether or not these changes are made, but I would be in heaven if they could be done in the short term!

1) I'd like another blue, anything lighter and more vibrant than IBM
2) Add bluetooth as a factory option for 1SS. It's available in the 1LT, 2LT and 2SS, why not 1SS?

Long term...

1) GM warrantied performance parts such as camshafts and superchargers!

Last edited by cab2g; 02-23-2010 at 11:27 PM.
cab2g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:27 PM   #218
solo40oz

Drives: My wife crazy
I don't have one yet....but something I would like to have:

1) memory seats
2) climate control
3) painted stripes as an option
4) blue stripes as an option
5) the 21" wheels - make those same wheels in a 20" version - and make it an upgrade option, not an add - what the heck am I gonna do with an extra set of wheels?
solo40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:03 AM   #219
fast34me

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
The 2SS/RS was a Homerun! Look at the V8 sales. Mustang plant is cutting back to one shift. Reducing workforce by 900, WOW.

I love the car. I can see some creature comforts that could be added. HUD, Lighted MU mirrors, butt warmers, etc. If you want all that, buy the CTSV. I'd want a COPO option. The LS3 is a good start, but the Hotcam turns it into a LS3 480, add headers and high flow exhaust and a good tune, and you're close to 500HP. Short throw shifter, with trans tailshaft bearing to prevent output shaft breaking. Stronger half shafts so if you do get really hooked up at your local track, you don't end up calling a roll back. A affordable, rearwheel drive, honest to goodness muscle car will bring GM back from the brink. It's name is the Camaro! Thanks to GM for finally listening to us yahoos!
fast34me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:49 AM   #220
Spooker_Doodles
Z28, Berlin Blue, BLK Int

Drives: 2003 Chevy S10
Everything should be optional. If you want to get a stripper then cool, if you want all the bells and whissles then you have the OPTION to do so. Then everyone should be happy.

Matt
Spooker_Doodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:46 AM   #221
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
WOW, did this thread fill up fast!!!

First, I must echo Joe's statements (Dragoneye's)...and give my thanks to both GM for bringing this to the enthusiast table and to Elie for gathering this info and taking it to GM. What better way to keep things fresh FOR the consumer than to ask the consumer themselves! GOOD JOB!!!

Now...moving on to my requests.

First and foremost...

WEIGHT! We MUST get the car to lose a couple hundred pounds. Either that, or the car needs to have some suspension upgrades and some steering issues resolved. It just does not have that crisp turning response. It CAN...and I can do it for a relatively inexpensive amount. But, to come from GM that way?

2nd.... dash ABL...just get it done. It's unfinished...and it's obvious. It clearly NEEDS to run across the dash!

3rd. Interior lighting...I complETELY agree that the rear seats need some sort of lighting. Also, I'm upgrading the inside light to a LED so I can actually see what I"m looking at when I turn the light on at night.

4th. Dash (right side). Just to freshen it up. It's kind of a large space...and I think it would benefit from a face lift.

5th. Passenger power seats (standard on the 2LT and 2SS but as an option for the other models).

6th. Memory seats.

7th... move the location of the usb port to somewhere where it's out of the way...so you can still use the center console if you have a thumb drive that you stick in there. right now, if I have a thumb drive in there, it sits up off the bottom of the console. But, I'd need to put somethign under it if I wanted to place items in the console.

Quote:
lights on the homelink buttons so you can find them in the dark
!!!!!!!!!!!

glove box light
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:46 AM   #222
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
I would say the most important things to adjust based on complaints I keep hearing would be

1. People keep complaining about the semi-power passenger seat and it being to low. It's an easy fix. Please do it to make them happy.

2. The sun visors are pretty much useless. Make them larger. If larger ones can't fit make them so an extension can pull down from the bottom to double there size.

3. The seat belt clasp. It needs a more powerful magnet or a bigger one.

4. The gas cap hook. This one annoys me personally. It's to small. Make it bigger or put out a kit with a larger hook that can slip over the existing one. I should not have to use a pony tail elastic.

5. The paint is very thin and chips easily. The paint jobs look great. They are better than they ever were, till you drive about 100 miles and wash the car and notice all the chips. Perhaps they need a second coat. I don't care if it adds to the price. It's worth it.

6. Offer more interior color options like the Inferno Orange. Charge more for them and make them one year or what ever. People will pay for it. Red? White? I always wanted a 2006 GTO with blue interior. I missed that boat. :(

7. A small thing but rear floor mats. Again even if it was a $60 add-on it would be nice to have them from the factory.

Things I would really like to see added to the 5th gen.

1. NAV! Arrows don't count, Onstar isn't good enough. People like to see a visual map I spent $38K on my car I would have spent another $1000 on an in dash nav.

2. Back up camera. I missed out on the sensors by a week but I really would like this. It could integrate with the NAV screen or hide in the rear view mirror. Either way is fine.

3. Cooled seats. Heated ones work great, but my dad's car has them and I'd totally have paid for them if they were available.

4. HUD would be cool, but I'll be honest it's on the low end of my wants.

Things for the 6th gen.

1. We assume it's going to a lighter platform with the CTS thats a good thing.

2. I love my V8! Do everything you can to keep one in the Camaro! That said I think as an alternative to the V8 and V6 a turbo 4cyl on a lighter platform would be a popular option. Figure the ecotec from the Solstice GXP pumping out 260-290hp would be a great idea.

3. When you design the 6th gen remember that a large number of cars will be bought with a manual transmission. With that in mind put the cup holders IN FRONT of the shifter. I could understand this oversight in my CTS but this is a sports car! Hook us up!

Thats pretty much what I'm looking for. At this time we can pretty much assume a Z28 is on the way. So I won't ask for that. I love my car. It's everything I could have hoped for. The feelings of joy I have when I drive it are unmeasurable. It's everything I dreamed it could be. GM makes the best vehicles and always has. They have made mistakes along the way too but they hit a home run here. Thank You. From the bottom of my heart Thank You. To some people it's just a car, but those people just don't understand.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!

Last edited by v6sonoma; 02-24-2010 at 01:51 AM. Reason: fixed typos
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:06 AM   #223
camaro noob

Drives: 2009 Honda Civic
AFTER

BURNER

TAIL

LIGHTS

(Like on the concept)

I'm sorry, did someone just say something??

AFTER

BURNER

TAIL

LIGHTS!!!

...I swear I could have just heard someone say something...

AFTER

BURNER

FREAKIN

TAIL

LIGHTS!!!

Oh, right...those things. Can we please get those? They are so beautiful, and go oh so well on the car. Maybe make them only available with the RS package? I dunno, all I know is that I want them. Badly. Along with HUD and dash ABL. Seeing those after burner tail lights would make this kid very happy indeed.

There is actually another thing, but I'm really scared to bring it up cuz no one else has mentioned this yet...you know those pressure pad door handle things they got on the Vettes?? Those are amazing. Is there a reason people don't like these other than cost?
camaro noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:38 AM   #224
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
I love how this car was designed, first off.

However, the understeer in this car needs to be considered. It's whippy enough for a spirited drive but plows when it's pushed. I'm shopping around now for a suspension to mitigate the understeer.

It's picky, but how about a fuel door release in the car. I hate the "push-pop open" cover on the car. Why not the locking fuel door that's sold aftermarket being stock?

The passenger seat has been covered.

Interior lighting has been covered.

This is my first Camaro and intend on keeping it for a loooooong time! I think it's a home run. I appreciate the fact that you made this car affordable and comfortable.