Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #99
z28-conv

Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
Isn't that the show that stars a character called 'The Count' that buys/builds custom hot rods? He wears this ugly black headband that must be 8" high?

Yes I also dont remember his name.
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:10 AM   #100
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28-conv View Post
Yes I also dont remember his name.
His name is Danny "The Count" that owns Count's Customs in Vegas. He is the expert car guy on Pawn Stars and then they offered him his own show.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #101
z28-conv

My turn!

About a month ago I was on my way home from work. I had pasted a 4th gen as I was getting on to the freeway. As I was cruising home the guy in the 4th gen seen me. He floored it to catch up to me. When he was along side of me he started to take pictures with one hand while driving with his other. After he got a couple side shots he took off a couple hundred feet ahead of me so he could get a shot of me driving past him. Afterwards he gave me a thumbs up and he slowed down. Made me nervous with his erratic driving but was kind of cool.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:26 PM   #102
CanadianZL1#992
ANGRY Z

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1
Last weekend my wife and I were at a local restaurant having dinner out on the patio. One, it was a nice night and two, I could keep my eye on my car. I had it backed in taking up two spots for safety purposes, about 10 minutes after we sat down I noticed this fairly well build young blonde in a short dress walking across the parking lot. So did a lot of the other people sitting outside, including my wife. Lol. As she passes by my car she stopped, walked over, bent over to look in the window, then backed up and took a couple of pictures with her cell phone. After she took the pictures she just kind of lingered around it looking around as if maybe the owner would happen by. I guess I must have had a funny smirk on my face because I was snapped back to reality by my wife loudly saying "REALLY!!!!! Dream on!!!"

Last edited by CanadianZL1#992; 09-13-2013 at 08:36 AM.
CanadianZL1#992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:14 PM   #103
DJ-Silver 2SS
Ah DJ-IOM ZL1 haha

Drives: 13 IOM ZL1 M6 & 10 SIM 2SS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-Silver 2SS
So I just saw this thread and I have too many stories to tell, but is a couple....

45 minutes after buying my ZL1, my wife (driving the 2SS) and I stop in the local Arby's to eat. After eating, we pull out with my wife leading and me following. As we sit at the light right next to the Arby's, another 5th gen drove by almost wrecking their car seeing us. Then another 5th Gen SS pulled up next to my wife. A younger girl in the passenger seat puts her window down, at the same time my wife asks, "what, is there a Camaro convention here?" The girls in the other Camaro says, "Yeah I think it is. Did you see the ZL1 behind you? That car is f#@$ing awesome!!!" My wife replied, "Yeah, it's awesome, I will make sure to tell my husband you like it, he is driving it." Both the driver and passenger's jaws dropped in disbelief that we had 2!!! By the way, I had no idea this conversation was happening, as I was still playing with all of the nannies in the car...... None the less, on the 3 lane road, both my wife and the other Camaro decided to take off hard from the light, and well, I couldn't help it..... As I blasted up the center lane passed both of them. When we got back to the house, she told me about the conversation as I was rolling on the floor.......

I have also had so many conversations with everyone that sees the car when I have it out........ I just love this car!!!!
2013 IOM ZL1 #002415 Born 09/13/12
2010 SIM 2SS/RS #005549 Born 05/02/09
DJ-Silver 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:09 AM   #104
SCHUSS
709 RWHP & 677 RWTQ

Drives: 13' HPE 800 ZL1..... IOM vert, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianZL1#992 View Post
Last weekend my wife and I were at a local restaurant having dinner out on the patio. One, it was a nice night and two, I could keep my eye on my car. I had it backed in taking up two spots for safety purposes, about 10 minutes after we sat down I noticed this farly well build young blonde in a short dress walking across the parking lot. So did a lot of the other people sitting outside, including my wife. Lol. As she passes by my car she stopped, walked over, bent over to look in the window, then backed up and took a couple of pictures with her cell phone. After she took the pictures she just kind of lingered around it looking around as if maybe the owner would happen by. I guess I must have had a funny smirk on my face because I was snapped back to reality by my wife loudly saying "REALLY!!!!! Dream on!!!"
LOL! I almost spit coffee out my nose!
Old 09-13-2013, 08:40 AM   #105
CanadianZL1#992
ANGRY Z

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHUSS View Post
LOL! I almost spit coffee out my nose!
If Chevy had only made this car 20 years ago LOL
CanadianZL1#992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:35 AM   #106
BAD ZL1
BAD ZL1

Drives: 2013 VIN 48 Victory Red ZL1!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee-Ell-One View Post
Took it to my first car show. The hottest blond chick in tight black shorts and a tube top comes walking up to the car with her dude in tow. She gawks down my car something fierce. Finally she asks me is this your car? Her dude standing there with his arms crossed and his tail between his legs says cumon lets go! She says you go ahead I'm guna ask some questions. He stormed off. I asked her, why is your dude in such a hurry? She said thats my brother!....She's now my girlfriend.....

Her dude was her brother???
BAD ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #107
z28-conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianZL1#992 View Post
Last weekend my wife and I were at a local restaurant having dinner out on the patio. One, it was a nice night and two, I could keep my eye on my car. I had it backed in taking up two spots for safety purposes, about 10 minutes after we sat down I noticed this fairly well build young blonde in a short dress walking across the parking lot. So did a lot of the other people sitting outside, including my wife. Lol. As she passes by my car she stopped, walked over, bent over to look in the window, then backed up and took a couple of pictures with her cell phone. After she took the pictures she just kind of lingered around it looking around as if maybe the owner would happen by. I guess I must have had a funny smirk on my face because I was snapped back to reality by my wife loudly saying "REALLY!!!!! Dream on!!!"
That was great!
Old 09-14-2013, 01:55 PM   #108
z28-conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD ZL1 View Post
Her dude was her brother???
That was a really good story. I remember that one
Old 09-16-2013, 09:29 AM   #109
davej

Drives: 2013 Silver Ice ZL1
Well I guess my Z is invisible. After reading all these accolades, comments etc, I looked forward to a little trip we took yesterday. I was expecting smiling faces, flashing head lights, thumbs up and other gestures of good will. However, I passed several Camaro's on the interstate without even a stare, but I just assumed our closing speeds didn't afford enough recognition time. As we got into town I saw in the rearview a fast approaching Red SS coming up to pass and was prepared to give some form of friendly sign, but he blew passed me without even a horn honk. Then a vert (same color as the Z) approached from the rear stayed behind me for a mile or two and I said to the wife "he's checking us out" and as he passed I again was prepared to give him a friendly smile, and a thumbs up, but he too just passed and then turned. The times we were stopped at a rest area no one seemed to even give a second look. So any of you guys that have one of the 126 Silver Z's, I hate to tell you but your car is invisible except to cops.
davej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:40 AM   #110
08vette

Drives: 2008 corvette, 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardok View Post
Hey, I get thumbs up just for my ZL1 shirt and hat! Best story: Coming home from Lake Arrowhead first weekend I had my car. "Accidently" got it up to 90 MPH on I-210. Got home 30 mins later and an LAPD helicopter was circling my house (weird because its CHP and LACO Sheriff area) Thought for sure i was getting an "aerial "ticket". After making about 6 passes over my house the copter loudspeaker comes on: "nice car man" and he takes off. Bow tie or die!
this never happened
08vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:46 PM   #111
I call it Vera

Drives: ZL1 Convertible
I got smoked by (of all things) a Taurus SHO. Driver saw my car, and really wanted to show me up.

He must have been going ~120 MPH when he passed me.
If he wants to show me up at that speed, he can. That was over double the speed limit.
I call it Vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:44 PM   #112
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
Every time I take my car to Twin Peaks someone stops and takes a picture. One time I was sitting there with some friends on the patio, old guy walks out. He goes past my drivers side, stops, then walks around the front, the walks to the passenger side and looks at my car for a good minute then gets in his Blue Ford Raptor.

As he is driving out, he stops his Raptor in front of us, and asks us if one of was the owner. I reply yeah. He then asks me several questions about it and he takes off complementing me on my car.

HE COMES BACK 45 minutes later. Says he just had to look at it one more time, went on and on about it to his kids, and that he will definitely order a Stingray Blue ZL1 by the end of the year.

I swear I should get some kind of commission check.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote