Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-13-2014, 02:13 PM   #1
springer03

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1lt BRM
Ark DTS, Solo and Corsa Questions

I have searched every thread and listened to just about every video I could find for the past few months and I still have a few questions.

I will be matching whatever system I get with Solo hfc's and CAI intake.

I'm looking for a system that isn't too loud or to quiet and I really can't judge volume from vids.
At what RPM's do they start to get loud?

For those of you that have heard all 3 how would you rate the volume(loudness). I definitely want cat back, but since so many people like the Mrt 2.0 I was wondering how it's volume compared.

Is the Ark DTS as quiet as it seems in the vids?(not very many vids of this system) I realize that the hfc's will give any of them a bump in volume.
I really like Ark's design (how it bolts together instead of using band clamps, mirror polish) I just wouldn't want to have to go wot to actually hear it.
springer03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 05:59 PM   #2
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
Solo HFC's and MRT V2.0 is what I have. There is a clip, not the best, in my build thread feel free to check it out(listening with speakers turn volume to about 18 or 20 and that is pretty close to the sound level, on my computer anyway). V2's sound awesome by themselves. I did axle back since I couldn't see spending money on pipe in the cat back that I already have(from cats to axle). When I added the HFC's I got a little deeper tone at idle a more aggressive sound at wide open throttle. Okay for exhaust level at cruising at 60 MPH 1500 RPMS is not overwhelming but noticeable. I can hear the radio fine with the volume set at 14, can hold a conversation but you do notice the exhaust. If money is not an object then go for it. If I had to do it over I would not spend the money on the HFC's again. The reason I say that is the days that it would be nice if it were a little quieter in the car outnumber the days I like it, this time of the year, it will change when the warm weather rolls around and I get to crank the windows down to hear it. Hope this helps.

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:44 PM   #3
porkrind
Unapologetically American

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 M6
ARK also makes the N-II cat back... the N-II doesn't have the resonators before the x-pipe

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2014, 09:35 PM   #4
springer03

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibik View Post
Solo HFC's and MRT V2.0 is what I have. There is a clip, not the best, in my build thread feel free to check it out(listening with speakers turn volume to about 18 or 20 and that is pretty close to the sound level, on my computer anyway). V2's sound awesome by themselves. I did axle back since I couldn't see spending money on pipe in the cat back that I already have(from cats to axle). When I added the HFC's I got a little deeper tone at idle a more aggressive sound at wide open throttle. Okay for exhaust level at cruising at 60 MPH 1500 RPMS is not overwhelming but noticeable. I can hear the radio fine with the volume set at 14, can hold a conversation but you do notice the exhaust. If money is not an object then go for it. If I had to do it over I would not spend the money on the HFC's again. The reason I say that is the days that it would be nice if it were a little quieter in the car outnumber the days I like it, this time of the year, it will change when the warm weather rolls around and I get to crank the windows down to hear it. Hope this helps.

Dean.
Thanks Dean,

Have you heard any of the other systems compared to yours?
Wondering about the volume comparison.

Just checked out your build thread(Very nice) looks and sounds great.
I thought about the MRT first but I figured I would end up regretting not getting the cat back.

I was debating on the hfc's and decided I wanted the extra hp so I'm trying to figure out what exhaust to go with it to not make it too loud.

I also noticed that you didn't install the magnaflow res. xpipe. Wouldn't that quiet it down a little for you?

By the way I really like your shifter handle. Now you just gave me something else I want to buy. Thanks alot.

This site is going to bankrupt me.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:43 PM   #5
springer03

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkrind View Post
ARK also makes the N-II cat back... the N-II doesn't have the resonators before the x-pipe

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I kinda figured the N II would be definitely be louder than what I want. I would like as little drone as possible and from my reading came down to Ark dts, Solo and Corsa.

I also seen that the N II uses a 2.75 pipe. I thought I read you don't want to go bigger than 2.5 on the v6 or you would start losing low end torque?
Old 02-13-2014, 09:53 PM   #6
springer03

Speaking of Solo I was reading the old threads on the Solo LLT and noticed a few people with the system were saying it had 2.5 pipes not 2.25 The Solo LFX is listed as 2.25 but it doesn't list what size the LLT is.
Did they make it smaller to help fit the convertible?

I know I've read that it doesn't make a difference but I am just curious.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:16 PM   #7
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer03 View Post
Thanks Dean,

Have you heard any of the other systems compared to yours?
Wondering about the volume comparison.

Just checked out your build thread(Very nice) looks and sounds great.
I thought about the MRT first but I figured I would end up regretting not getting the cat back.

I was debating on the hfc's and decided I wanted the extra hp so I'm trying to figure out what exhaust to go with it to not make it too loud.

I also noticed that you didn't install the magnaflow res. xpipe. Wouldn't that quiet it down a little for you?

By the way I really like your shifter handle. Now you just gave me something else I want to buy. Thanks alot.

This site is going to bankrupt me.
No I haven't been able to compare in person since these cars are pretty scarce in this part of my state and the V6 is even more rare, I only know of maybe one other V6 within a 75 mile radius and I have only seen it once. All I have been able to do is listen to exhaust clips and that is where I decided that the V2's were the ones. The HFC's were a gamble and basically my X-mas gift last winter. Also, all the clips I have listened to on the V2 exhaust all I can say is that they sound 10 times better in person even my clip that I made. The part of my clip where I rev it in the garage and it sounds like there is a little rasp, I can guarantee you there is no rasp in the exhaust and it is just the mono microphone.

The X-pipe from my understanding will tame it but not sure if I want to stuff anymore money into the exhaust. Funny thing is it is still really cold here yet and I had to make a road trip to get my radiator replaced today. Even though it was a little nippy to leave the windows down once I got to my hometown dealership I was playing in sport mode and running around town in 2nd and burp the throttle and actually enjoying it.

Yes this site puts a hurt on the wallet and the bank account. I was going to stop at a CAI and axle backs. Yeah right, look at the list and it all adds up. I can say I have put a stop to it. If I spend anymore I could just as well put it towards and SS. If you think this site is bad I belong to autopiaforums.com detailing to learn to keep my car clean and shiny and have spent a ton there also on supplies.

Good luck with you quest and hope you find what you are looking for.

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:27 PM   #8
SoCalThug

Drives: 2012 Summit White 1Ls
You wont loose any tq going with 2.75 pipes. And everyones opinion on drone is different. All catbacks are great but I would go Ark, but I am bias
SoCalThug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ark dts, corsa, solo