Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II)

Old 04-11-2011, 04:31 PM   #15
ElManny

Drives: 2010 CGM SS/RS COTW 7/5/2010
Send a message via AIM to ElManny
my info. Manny Serrano. have my own helmet
ElManny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:38 PM   #16
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I take it y'all will be doing these ride along's during the HPDE event? I'm curious because I'm signed up for both sessions of the HPDE but I would love to be able to get a ride along in the air lift car to feel the difference.

Any chance y'all will be running on Saturday as well?

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:39 PM   #17
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
I'll take a morning run if it is still available, and I sent a PM with my real name.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:26 PM   #18
Brian@AirLift

Drives: AirLifted Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
I take it y'all will be doing these ride along's during the HPDE event? I'm curious because I'm signed up for both sessions of the HPDE but I would love to be able to get a ride along in the air lift car to feel the difference.

Any chance y'all will be running on Saturday as well?

All you need to do is find me during AM or PM sessions and I can at least give you a quick trip so you don't miss any track time. I'll be running in the advanced group (assuming they do it like that) so if you are in the Novice group, then it can work perfectly. If not, we can squeeze you in anyway.

I think you can bring great perspective to the debate about air versus coils by riding back to back!

See you Friday.
Brian@AirLift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:28 PM   #19
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Rock on

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:31 PM   #20
bob vogel

Drives: 2010 rs ss
wow wright my name down.....i'm in. i would be very interested in this set up.
bob vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:33 PM   #21
sidthesloth

Drives: '11 CGM SS/RS
I can't make it cuz I'm still waiting on my car but I've been stalking this kit for quite a while now. Can't wait to hear everybody's thoughts on this! Take lots of pics
sidthesloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:03 AM   #22
Brian@AirLift

Bob-you are in!!

Sidthesloth....pics and videos will shortly follow the event. I may even have a streaming video opportunity in the works...shhhhhh.

On my way!!!!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 09:10 PM   #23
sidthesloth

Drives: '11 CGM SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian@AirLift View Post
Bob-you are in!!

Sidthesloth....pics and videos will shortly follow the event. I may even have a streaming video opportunity in the works...shhhhhh.

On my way!!!!!!
SSSAAAWEEEEET!
sidthesloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:18 PM   #24
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
Can't wait to see you running the track a few times
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:53 PM   #25
Brian@AirLift

Wow. It has taken WAY too long to get some of this posted! This is a video taken during the afternoon session with Paul (aka fourhounds) on board!

We were running in the Instructors group so you won't see many other cars out there with me. That said, I have yet to see anyone's video posted that had a faster lap time than we did. We ran 1:12's a lot with an occasional 1:11 thrown in. Not bad for a car that was shod with 22" tires with 540 treadwear rating!!

While I don't have the data playing with the video, I had our Race Technology data acquisition system running all day showing me lap times on track. Problem was, the memory card was corrupt and saved no data...

So, we'll have to rely on video to capture the moments. I have more, just no time to edit. You should see the ones that show the passengers while I tool around....hilarious!

Anyway, enjoy the clip and don't let anyone tell you that air suspension cannot be used in a high-performance environment!! Ours certainly can.

Hot lap at Camaro5fest 2 with Air Lift Camaro from ALEngineers on Vimeo.
">Hot lap at Camaro5fest 2 with Air Lift Camaro from ALEngineers on Vimeo.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:23 PM   #26
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
Brian that was awesome video. As one of those passengers I can't wait to see how hilarious I was during the ride. All I know is that I still have that big ass grin on my face from the ride. Thanks.

As an IT guy to make sure you don't have a corrupted data card it is best to format the memory card before each long use. If you do that any corrupted sectors will be marked bad and no data written to that spot.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote