Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-18-2010, 11:07 AM   #15
Slowhawk

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavis View Post
Any guys running the kit from alky control?
All we have run is the Alky control kit. Probly done 40 of them throughout the years with not 1 failure.Have a few guy's that use them on track days and go through 5 gallons while there.

I like the windsheild tank because it has a low light. Just install a small tank somewhere else for the windsheild wash.Pretty easy.

Cooling mist looks good too from what I've seen. I'll never touch Snow systems again.
Slowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:17 AM   #16
Matt TuneTime

Drives: 2008 G8 gt / 2010 Camaro L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhawk View Post
All we have run is the Alky control kit. Probly done 40 of them throughout the years with not 1 failure.Have a few guy's that use them on track days and go through 5 gallons while there.

I like the windsheild tank because it has a low light. Just install a small tank somewhere else for the windsheild wash.Pretty easy.

Cooling mist looks good too from what I've seen. I'll never touch Snow systems again.
Having done at least 40 kits from alky also ... There is no better ...
Matt TuneTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:11 PM   #17
Jchaluja

Drives: ZL1 Camaro
I have Alkycontrol in my camaro...no issues and the tank it's up front....
Jchaluja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:45 AM   #18
taz
Taz

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Camaro
washer fluid tank

I am also looking for a water/meth injection system. Was going to go with Coolingmist, but already have a ADM-Performance dual digital boost and air-fuel gauges, so really dont need that function on the Coolingmist system. Also seems like Coolingmist doesnt have any under hood tanks, and I prefer under the hood since I need to keep the trunk free for wheelchair and other medical needs. Only function I think I really need to monitor would be low fluid light since I dont expect to use much and should last 2+ weeks. (running magnacharger at 540rwhp).

Can you use the washer fluid tank for both windshield washer fluid and for water/meth injection? I thought I read that some windshield wiper fluid has a mixture of water/meth? Can anyone confirm and has anyone tried this? Oh, by the way, I was thinking of the Aquamist system.

Thanks,
Taz
taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:28 AM   #19
coolingmist

Drives: fast
I appreciate your thought into our kit, however you have some mis-conceptions. Please see my comments below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz View Post
I am also looking for a water/meth injection system. Was going to go with Coolingmist, but already have a ADM-Performance dual digital boost and air-fuel gauges, so really dont need that function on the Coolingmist system.
We design our kits to be completely adjustable. If you dont need a boost gauge and dont want to replace your boost gauge, you can set our CMGS up to display pump dutycycle.

If you dont want another gauge, no problem. We have a square version you can mount in your glove box or some other place

Quote:
Also seems like Coolingmist doesnt have any under hood tanks, and I prefer under the hood since I need to keep the trunk free for wheelchair and other medical needs. Only function I think I really need to monitor would be low fluid light since I dont expect to use much and should last 2+ weeks. (running magnacharger at 540rwhp).
By default our kits do not come with a tank. They do come with a low level fluid switch so you can monitor your fluid level. they are setup to use your windshield washer tank. The kit comes with a fitting to tap your tank. Those that can fit an external tank under the hood we have a 1 gallon tank, and for the trunk we have the trunkmount tank. The trunkmount tank is our best seller because it makes it easy. Thus far, I dont know anyone running around in a camaro with a kit under the hood. You can use any tank you want with our kit, its up to you. Here are our selections.

Quote:
Can you use the washer fluid tank for both windshield washer fluid and for water/meth injection? I thought I read that some windshield wiper fluid has a mixture of water/meth? Can anyone confirm and has anyone tried this?
Thanks,
Taz
If you can find a place for the pump, you can use the windshield washer fluid tank. Our kits as said earler are setup for this.

Lastly, as I said I am glad that you thought of our kit. I believe you should choose the kit that fits your needs the best. If you know everything about our kit and choose another I am happy for you. If you have mis-understandings about our kit and choose another, I think you did yourself a dis-service.

Here are a few more facts about us.

1) Made in the USA. We build all of our electronics in the USA, all of our tanks and pumps and valves and injectors are made in the USA as well. All major parts of our kit are made in the USA. Only our fittings are made overseas (Italy). I like to keep jobs in the USA. We could have our controller made in China like some other companies do and save alot of money but I believe in taking care of our own.

2) We began in 2004, so we know what we are doing.

3) We are a supporting vendor on this forum.

4) you need help with something we are a phone call or quick email away.

5) We have had our kit installed on dozens and dozens of camaros. I dont know anyone else that can make that claim. Need help before you buy? You can buy from any of our dealers that have installed this on many kits. Give them a call and ask them questions, they can sell you the kit. All of them have it in stock. All of them have installed our kit on 650-700 HP monsters as well.

Jannetty Racing
Nickey chicago
tandtracing

Thanks for your consideration and if you have more questions about us I will be glad to help you.

Last edited by coolingmist; 09-12-2010 at 08:33 AM.
coolingmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:56 AM   #20
taz
Taz

Thanks for the input. Glad there are other options like the gauges and tanks available for your system. Definately no room in the trunk to install a tank, so has to go up under the hood. Car is a daily driver and am not the only one driving this car, so it was also important to have low level warning light. I'll do some research in running an Aquamist tank with the Coolingmist water/meth kit.

Thanks,
Taz
Old 09-12-2010, 09:58 AM   #21
coolingmist

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz View Post
Thanks for the input. Glad there are other options like the gauges and tanks available for your system. Definately no room in the trunk to install a tank, so has to go up under the hood. Car is a daily driver and am not the only one driving this car, so it was also important to have low level warning light. I'll do some research in running an Aquamist tank with the Coolingmist water/meth kit.

Thanks,
Taz
aquamist does not sell tanks because they are in England, do you have a link so I can see it?

CM
Old 09-12-2010, 10:18 AM   #22
taz
Taz

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolingmist View Post
aquamist does not sell tanks because they are in England, do you have a link so I can see it?

CM
Your absolutely right. Its 5am here in Hawaii and starting to see cross eyed. I double checke and it was Alcoholinjectionssystem.

http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.com/

Taz
Old 09-12-2010, 10:30 AM   #23
coolingmist

that tank is definately compatible with our stuff. They use the same pump we do. If you decide you like our product, just let me know at the time of the order that you have that tank.

Take care,

CM
Old 09-12-2010, 10:41 AM   #24
Slowhawk

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolingmist View Post
that tank is definately compatible with our stuff. They use the same pump we do. If you decide you like our product, just let me know at the time of the order that you have that tank.

Take care,

CM
Can you run 100% methenol on your system?
Slowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:44 AM   #25
coolingmist

All of our parts on our kit are compatible with 100% meth. The flow sensor, while compatible with methanol is not compatible with high heat. Methanol boils at 147F, so we recommend 30% water / 70% meth for those that want to run high concentrations or 100% ethanol will work as well. This keeps the bearings in the flow sensor cool as water raises the boiling point and cools the sensor.

those that must run 100% methanol, you can order the kit without the flow sensor. The price is about $100 less.

CM