Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 04-05-2011, 09:18 PM   #15
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
All I know is when my SS was stock I hammered on it. I looked in my mirror and my wife was right behind me in her Redline. I was pulling ahead but very slowly. The Sky is a blast to drive. Hard to believe a 2 liter can haul ass so fast. I'd run it stock against any stock V6 Camaro. Guess I need to change my sig to fit in.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:30 PM   #16
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Update:

The Sky spanked the LT big time, no contest ...

Up next is the Sky vs LS3
Old 04-07-2011, 08:51 PM   #17
syr74
Account Suspended

Drives: Thunderbird
I see now that we have a result, but I think most folks here suspected exactly what occurred. Had to race not occurred yet I was going to suggest that your wife put 911 on speed dial so that she could call to report the Saturn murdering the LT that much quicker. Honestly, that sky might well give a L99 Camaro a Hell of a run, the LT never stood a chance.
syr74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:05 PM   #18
SlingShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by syr74 View Post
I see now that we have a result, but I think most folks here suspected exactly what occurred. Had to race not occurred yet I was going to suggest that your wife put 911 on speed dial so that she could call to report the Saturn murdering the LT that much quicker. Honestly, that sky might well give a L99 Camaro a Hell of a run, the LT never stood a chance.

LOL ... It's kinda funny, until you drive one it's hard to explain these cars. It weighs 2900 with 3:73 posi and the torque peaks at 2500 rpm and stays there till about 5800 rpm. It comes from the factory with coil overs and a 50/50 weight balance. I would compare it to flying a F-16 due to the speed and agility. This little this is a blast to drive, and makes you feel all giddy inside ...

I knew from the beginning how it would turn out, just didn't want to get in between two females talking smack when I have to live with both and have to sleep sometime ...
Old 04-07-2011, 09:13 PM   #19
08-G35s/6MT

Drives: racecars
I saw this new Lotus Elise S with dealer plates on it racing a Pontiac Solstice GXP, they were both right around the same size.... but the Pontiac weighs 1000 lbs more, which baffles me...
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:34 PM   #20
SlingShot

The Lotus has an all fiberglass body ...
Old 04-07-2011, 10:14 PM   #21
10spokess
Wild and Cammed

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
The Sky has the same motor as my old cobalt that I sold. Man that thing flew ran 13.5s, 13.6s all day long with just a tune
Old 04-07-2011, 10:16 PM   #22
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
No surprise....but thanks for the update. Your daughter should be proud to own a quite piece of auto history!!

I went on the factory tour twice with the SKY / Solstice forums and watched them build the cars right on the assembly line during a production day. I will never forget it......awesome.

Tell her there are only 30,000 SKYS made and many of them are totally modded and many got totaled. Save hers in good shape, she can bring a bounty one day. Barrett Jackson 2027...............i will be there wih two of them! God Willing!
Old 04-07-2011, 10:27 PM   #23
BigDan

Drives: bug
I'm really digging the SKY redline. Definitely a nice ride.

How do they do in roll overs, is it almost certian death or do owners do some sort of pop up roll bar. That would be Aston Martian James Bond cool.
BigDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:54 PM   #24
NicksVSix

Drives: 2014 2LT Red Rock Metallic
OK, now who would win if you put enough bags of sand in the Sky Redline to equal the weight of the V6 LT? If the weight difference between the two is *that* substantial, the LT may as well be racing a motorcycle.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:00 PM   #25
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
but your daughter would've taken home more trophies had she taken Mom's car to the show...
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:38 PM   #26
BigDan

Drives: bug
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
but your daughter would've taken home more trophies had she taken Mom's car to the show...
I doubt that, any one can go rent a LT for for fifty bucks at the nearest rent a car. The SKY Redline will always be a show worthy vs the two or three V6 Camaro's I've ever seen entered at a show.
BigDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:36 AM   #27
Amenti

Drives: 2017 1SS Convertible
Damn, those Redlines are nice.

It's definitely surprising what they can do.

Appearance Mods: RiderGraphix LS7 Front Fascia Blackout Vinyl, Gill Insert Vinyl, Rear Deck Lid Vinyl (Gloss Black), Gary's Customs Painted Bowties

Coming Soon: BMR Trailing Arms
Amenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:31 AM   #28
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Update:

The Sky spanked the LT big time, no contest ...

Up next is the Sky vs LS3
Thanks for the update but the race was over before it started!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by syr74 View Post
His daughters Sky would give a stock LS3 a run... Its tuned. Yes, that makes a HUGE difference. Stock-vs-stock the LS3/Sky race would be close for a while... eventually displacement would win out but light to light, the Sky is VERY potent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksVSix View Post
OK, now who would win if you put enough bags of sand in the Sky Redline to equal the weight of the V6 LT? If the weight difference between the two is *that* substantial, the LT may as well be racing a motorcycle.
I'd weight down the Sky anyday and accept that challenge. Its the torque dude... The Sky has vay more. Everyone goes on about how much HP the V6 has... whoppie doo... its low on torque which is all were talking about here. Torque wins the short race!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
I doubt that, any one can go rent a LT for for fifty bucks at the nearest rent a car. The SKY Redline will always be a show worthy vs the two or three V6 Camaro's I've ever seen entered at a show.
Though I am not a huge Sky/Solstice fan... we had one for about 1500 miles and it was... eh... ok. Auto/non-turbo so... YAWN... but the turbos are very rare and show worthy. A stock camaro (V8 or V6)... not so much.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote